You going to E3 this year, Gibbon?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

You going to E3 this year, Gibbon?

Post by The Doc »

Perhaps you can shill your skillz to some gaming bigwigs.

Or at least impress a booth babe or two and get laid or something...

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Isn't E3 supposed to be <a href="http://www.igda.org/sex/archives/2006/0 ... extinct</a> of booth babes?
Material, including live models, conduct that is sexually explicit
and/or sexually provocative, including but not limited to nudity, partial nudity and bathing suit bottoms, are prohibited on the Show floor, all common areas, and at any access points to the Show. ESA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether material is acceptable.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

ESA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether material is acceptable.
Sounds like they get to test-drive all the booth babes. Bastards!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I remember reading just a little while after that was announced, that they would still be able to have booth babes, just slightly less scantily clad due to some other loophole or something. The rules never really changed, just the way they are enforced.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

What difference does it make? Just so that Gibb gets the poon from one of them.

Where is he anyway!?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Avoiding you.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

...Hmm. Smart man.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

In the future, if you have a question to address directly to me (or anyone else), use the PM feature, don't post it directly on the board.

To answer your question: no, I'm not.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Green Gibbon! wrote:In the future, if you have a question to address directly to me (or anyone else), use the PM feature, don't post it directly on the board.

To answer your question: no, I'm not.
This seemed blatantly like it was just an attempt to get some discussion going to me and I really can't blame him, this forum could hardly be more boring at the moment.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Unfortunately, "Gibbon should go to E3 and get some poon" isn't a particularly accessible topic for sane people.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Obviously not, but I can't say I find discussing the Simpsons movie any more entertaining either.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

True, the forum has seen much better days topic-wise.
Is anyone here going to E3 this year at all? I think I remember PWB going last year but there should be more interesting stuff going on this year with the new consoles and the new next-gen Sonic game kicking around.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Has it ever been that active here? I've been lurking for a while and I never see much more than 3 people on the board at any given time. I doubt that 54-user record from January was primarily registered users.

Although, it could be a good thing. This place is kind of low-profile and has the least retards of any major Sonic forum that i've seen.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

When looking at the content and amount of posts that we had last year, the GHZ was indeed very active. The user record is not from this year, but I can imagine it was mostly registered users.

I think that the lack of new content is not exactly due to these new regulations but mainly down to the fact that the GHZ was down for a revamp and during that time we found other stuff to do.

Back on the E3 field though, I'm guessing that not much has been revealed about it this year apart from the PS3 and Gamecube.
Can anyone get much else on it?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Omni Hunter wrote:I think that the lack of new content is not exactly due to these new regulations but mainly down to the fact that the GHZ was down for a revamp and during that time we found other stuff to do.
I'd have to agree with that.

The 54 users thing was primarly guests if I remember correctly, because the record before that was something like 18 registered users. Then suddenly it started displaying 54, and there wasn't a rapid influx of newly registered posters or anything.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

Kishi wrote:Unfortunately, "Gibbon should go to E3 and get some poon" isn't a particularly accessible topic for sane people.
Tswhy I brought it up.

And I'd love to go to E3, if I wasn't such a lazy fuck. And...y'know, if I was anywhere close to LA.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

This place used to be far more active, even just last year. I check here at least once a day, and in 2005 there was always anywhere from 20 to 50 new posts. On weekends it could go into the 100s. Now, it's like... 5.

I'd say it's a combination of the downtime, the fact that there's no news in the gaming world, and a little bit of GG! and Popcorn's prissy bitchiness. Oh noes!

Psychobob2

Post by Psychobob2 »

Double-S- wrote:I'd say it's a combination of the downtime, the fact that there's no news in the gaming world, and a little bit of GG! and Popcorn's prissy bitchiness. Oh noes!
That and that fact that this board is hostile to practically every new member, and even yourselves.

Oh, also you hate Sonic quite alot.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

That's never slowed us down before.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Actually, I think one of the main reasons the board has been very slow is that the forum doesn't shed it's skin. There are 25 pages of old threads that still exist, and because all the opinions we've made vocal are already somewhere archived in those 25 pages worth of threads, we just find it redundant to voice our opinions again because, well, we already said them.

While it may seem like a far-fetched solution, I think the most convenient way to get some discussion going again is to wipe out every topic on this forum. But the problem with that is that these new threads would be duplicates of the old wiped out topics.

Or perhaps the phase this forum is going through is parallel to what the videogame industry is going through right now.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Or it's just that - slow right now. Forums go through this now and then. When big news starts rolling in again, it'll pick up.

The "every opinion's been posted" bit is bull. It's not that hard to find things to talk about.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I waited too long to register and missed out this year.

There's always 2007 I guess.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

And unless I win a contest or something that lets me in, I'm S.O.L. anyway.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Omni Hunter wrote: I think that the lack of new content is not exactly due to these new regulations but mainly down to the fact that the GHZ was down for a revamp and during that time we found other stuff to do.
I was planning on starting a topic about this (something like "Without your regular dose of cynicism..."), but I gave up after thinking better about it and realizing that my first post would end up turning into a marathon of sarcastic comments about the Teen Titans show.
Last edited by Brazillian Cara on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

And besides that, you spelled "cynicism" wrong. That would have just been embarassing.