Warriors

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Warriors

Post by Opa-Opa »

I finished this game a while ago and would like to say that it's probably one of the best movie adaptations I've ever played. It's fun and very faithful to the 1979 movie, and somehow addictive, and the multiplayer sucks and rocks at the same time.

The voice acting is great. They took the trouble to find all the original actors from the movie to record their own voices, some of them aren't even actors anymore, and I've heard one of them just disappeared (so he's not playing himself in the game, but it's still a good voice). Plus, they made not only the movie story, but also stuff from 3 months before until the movie begins, actually, the movie is only 1/3 of the game.

Then I played Sonic Riders and it felt like someone was f***ing my ear. I hate those cartoon voices.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I've never seen the film, but I'd really like to play The Warriors anyway. The reason for this is two of my favorite hip-hop personalities, Aesop Rock and El-P, provide voices for characters in the game. El-P actually plays one of the gang leaders, while Aes has a smaller cameo role.

Of course, that alone didn't really justify playing the game, but now that I've read a firthand opinion I may look into it.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Think of it as a mix of GTA and Streets of Rage with a little bit of Jet Set Radio. That's almost, but not entirely, completely different.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I played a bit of this with a friend, and the multi-player camera angles were giving me a serious headache. It was painful whenever it split.

The game itself was decently fun, but the hour or so I played didn't motivate me to want to play any more at all.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yeah. The multiplayer camera sucks and kills what could be a really good multiplayer.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I still say as far as current generation old school style beat-'em-ups go, Spikeout Battle Street has no equal. It's as close to Streets of Rage 3D as we've gotten. The character designs are so similar, with a few renames it could have been considered one. The gameplay also feels similar (punch-punch-grapple-punch-punch-jump-throw, anyone?) , although less refined due to slightly lethargic feeling controls.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

I think the closest I ever played was Crisisbeat for the PSX. And the "Army of the Night" minigame included in Warriors, which is kind of a parody of Double Dragon (same intro, with the punch on the girlfriend and the garage)

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Old school style beat-'em-ups, where i can find new games in that style? the closest I got was "legend of mana" battles. But since you level up is not the same. Of course, No future mode mode is hard even at level 100, but im tired of leveling up and building armors and weapons.