The New Commandments

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

OK, so I thought doing the Censored By Mods thing would be funny earlier, but now with a post separating the censored post and my explanation, the joke becomes more confusing (and lame[er]) than it already was. Rats.

Edit: And on the second page, too. Damnit.
Last edited by Bo on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

It's like something out of an Orson Welles or Ray Bradbury novel, except with less likelihood that Hollywood will piss all over its memory by incorporating certain elements, ignoring others, and then bastardizing the plot so that anyone actually stupid enough to see the movie will have an idea of what's going on.

muke

Post by muke »

Well, these rules destroy my plans for dominating the site with references from my Facebook...

Grant

Post by Grant »

muke wrote:Well, these rules destroy my plans for dominating the site with references from my Facebook...
God bless the new rules.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I'd be nice if there were actually any posts/discussion at all for these rules to be enforced upon. I hope there's more activity around E3 time.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

There ought to be. Nothing's really happening right now in the gaming world.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

In all seriousness, can we ban Baba from posting endless threads about music? This really isn't the place to discuss it. I wouldn't have a problem with it if anybody else seemed to enjoy them, but apparently no-one fucking does. And what's more, he's a big old fag.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

While I personally don't care about his posts, there seems to be about 5 or 10 people that are into music as much as Baba. When he starts those threads they usually get a lot of responses. Lately they haven't, but lately nothing has really gotten that many responses.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I don't think there's a problem with Baba posting and promoting discussions about music because, hey, people like music. Using it as a gimmick and thrusting it inexpertly into unrelated conversations is another matter, of course.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

While I personally don't care about his posts, there seems to be about 5 or 10 people that are into music as much as Baba. When he starts those threads they usually get a lot of responses. Lately they haven't, but lately nothing has really gotten that many responses.
I know what you mean, but come on, they just suck. I wouldn't consider myself 'less into music' than most people, certainly not Baba-- what does being 'into music' actually constitute, anyway? I play guitar and piano and I listen to music all day, does that count?-- but come on. He's called Baba O-fucking-Riley, for God's sake. He ruined the song for me! He ruined the song for everyone.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

By into music, I mean familiar with the same bands he talks about and likes the same stuff. I guess I should have clarified that a bit more. This new post of yours though just sounds like a personal vendetta against him, not his posts concerning music.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I do have a persona vendetta against him, mostly thanks to his relentlessly unfunny circle-jerking and his desperately tedious musical elitism gimmick.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Popcorn, have you posted anything else than complaints aobut other people's posts in the last 3 months?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

You have to admit, it's a good point.
I do have a persona vendetta against him, mostly thanks to his relentlessly unfunny circle-jerking and his desperately tedious musical elitism gimmick.
But is there anything fundamentally wrong with it? If it's not blatant spamming (which it doesn't appear to be, to me at least), it's not worth getting an ulcer over.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I admit that I've been severely abrasive recently, but quite frankly this forum seems to be riddled with bollocks at the moment. I know this is a good forum with good people at its heart, so The New World Order has got me all hot under the collar. I apologise if I've been overly severe-- I'm only joking, really. But only for most of the time, and in order to preserve a climate of fear (useful for fascist dictatorship purposes) I'm not going to specify when.

But Baba, right. Right. The man is feel to step right up here and defend himself, but does anyone like his musical jibber-jabber? I happen to know he's unpopular in certain anonymous circles, and I'm all in favour of shutting down his tediously ambiguous album reviews on sight. I'm just testing the waters here insofar as just how controversial such a policy would be. There are only so many guitarists left in the world for him to systematically ruin for me via his assocation with them, you know?
If it's not blatant spamming (which it doesn't appear to be, to me at least), it's not worth getting an ulcer over.
No, it's not 'blatant spamming'. I think it's something altogether more sinister.

Dache

Post by Dache »

Zeta wrote:Popcorn, have you posted anything else than complaints aobut other people's posts in the last 3 months?
When all there are for those 3 months are shitty posts, you gotta make the best of a bad situation.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Man Pop, if Baba cries, you are going to feel like such a dick.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I wish Popcorn would post a topic so we could all learn the proper way to do it.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I pretty much like Baba's music topics, I don't really see why Pop has a beef with them. I mean, it's not like he said the same about OCM's topic about Flaming Lips.

And while we're talking about music, I may as well state that I'm off to Carling weekend in Leeds this year. Pearl Jam will fucking rock.

Oh, and so will Muse!

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I think Baba's topics about music should end, perhaps if they were a bit more open ended they would be more popular. He isn't a bad guy, he just needs to stop making references to music in every post.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Personally, I don't care if Baba posts about music or not. But I guess he has the whole right to do so.
But seriously, can someone explain the "no linking to comics" rule more throughfully?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

You aren't saying anything by posting a picture of someone else's work.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Yes, but does the rule means we can't post a link of the comic and start a discussion about it?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

That sounds fine to me.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'll make a proposition: I'll stop any and all overt references to music, including my avatar and location, for a month, after this post. If it is decided by a majority that it improves the overall quality of the boards*, then I will keep my mouth shut regarding music unless someone directly asks me what my opinion is, in which case I will keep it in a consise manner.

And Del, a band predominantly popular in the 80's that rhymes with 'the pure' informed me that people with Y chromosomes do not shed tears.**

*Or if Pop gets the sand out of his vagina as a direct or indirect result of this action

**Last one, I promise.

Good night, and good luck.