Metal Sonic is...dead!?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dr. Watson

Metal Sonic is...dead!?

Post by Dr. Watson »

The following is a section from Metal Sonic's Wiki-article:

"It appears that Metal Sonic was destroyed or deactivated after Heroes. This is due to a translation from the Sonic Riders japanese site. Robo 2 or E-2000000g is actually made from parts of Metal Sonic acording to a translated interview with Sega."

Is this true? Does anyone know where to find a translation of that interview?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I don't think it's from an interview. I think it's a translation from the character profile for one of the E-10000 robots on the Jananese Sonic Riders site.

Someone on GameFAQs has been translating info from the site.

Quite honestly though I really couldn't give a toss if Metal Sonic has been permanently killed off. I used to like the character but Sonic Heroes fucked Metal Sonic up really badly and I'd much rather not see him return again.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Metal Sonic has been rebuilt in the past. Even if his parts are being reused in new robots, there is no reason to assume that Eggman couldn't rebuld him from new materials.
I used to like the character but Sonic Heroes fucked Metal Sonic up really badly and I'd much rather not see him return again.
Every character suffered in Heroes. Metal Sonic is a brilliantly designed character with plenty of potential. He deserves to return again, provided he appears in a story that capitalises on his strengths.

^_^

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Meh. I tend to ignore everything that happened post Sonic Adventure, so I still like Metal Sonic.

From the translation, it appears Robo 2 only uses Metal Sonic's engine, meaning Metal Sonic's shell still remains. For all we know, Robo 2 could be Metal Sonic, but in another body. This isn't new in the Sonic universe, once you realize Mecha Sonic (STH2, S3&K, SA, SPA) has been destoryed many times and still appears in another form. Basically, same CPU, different shell.

Psychobob2

Post by Psychobob2 »

big_smile wrote:Metal Sonic has been rebuilt in the past. Even if his parts are being reused in new robots, there is no reason to assume that Eggman couldn't rebuld him from new materials.
I used to like the character but Sonic Heroes fucked Metal Sonic up really badly and I'd much rather not see him return again.
Every character suffered in Heroes. Metal Sonic is a brilliantly designed character with plenty of potential. He deserves to return again, provided he appears in a story that capitalises on his strengths.

^_^
And let’s not forget Metal Sonic is no single character. Each Sonic instalment that has featured Metal has featured his upgrade, not his predecessor. However Chaotix does break with that tradition, but it could be argued that Metals upgrade/advancement in that game was the ability to transform into a giant evil red dude.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Well, all Metal Sonics could still have the same CPU, wich means, the very same character. It's impossible to prove, but why not?

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Better him then Shadow.
~Neo

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Was it ever confirmed that the Mecha Sonics were the same as Metal Sonic?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Professor Machenstein wrote:This isn't new in the Sonic universe, once you realize Mecha Sonic (STH2, S3&K, SA, SPA) has been destoryed many times and still appears in another form. Basically, same CPU, different shell.
Realistically, if he changed the body he'd have to at least slightly alter the CPU to use it. Furthermore, why would he use the same failed AI? Why not make a new one? Or at least improve on the old one, which is probably what he does. Even if he did keep the same brain it's not like Metal Sonic has a personality or a distinctive consciousness that we know of. To us he's really just a recognizable shape, not a character.

I'm glad to see that Sonic Team has held true to their tradition of not paying their writers. Metal Sonic is beaten, Shadow and Omega ominously drag him off screen, and...give him to Eggman? Their proclaimed mission through the whole game was to destroy Eggman's robots and they give him back his most dangerous one? And then he turns it into THIS!?

Amy's new outfit is interesting, though.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Wait, when it says it uses Metal Sonic's engine, do they literally mean the exact same engine salvaged from Metal Sonic, or just the same type of engine?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Wait, when it says it uses Metal Sonic's engine, do they literally mean the exact same engine salvaged from Metal Sonic, or just the same type of engine?
It's not specific at all. Metal Sonic's "engine" though, you'd think, would be his entire torso, because it pretty much appears to be a jet engine, or at least some other kind of engine that had a big hole in the front? We also so it revving up in the Sonic OVA. I guess the idea they were trying to suggest is that maybe the guy is really fast, but he's not streamlined at all so if it's built into HIM then obviously it's not being used efficiently, and what would it matter when the game is about riding on airboards anyway?

The whole thing doesn't make any sense at all.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It could be the sub-engine: the Tesla coil.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Metal Sonic: The Game. It will happen in the future, just don't screw it up.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Credibility OVAH!

GabetheEchidna

Post by GabetheEchidna »

Listen, Metal Sonic is cool, but Shadow has largely replaced him in the series. With Shadow as such a major character, it would be hard for Sonic Team to place Metal in a major role. Sonic Heroes is probably Sonic Team saying "We can't use Metal much anymore, so we killed him off." But to be honest, Sonic Heroes was pretty screwed up anyways. (Shadow returning too early, the "teamwork" based gameplay, overpowered Flight characters, etc).

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Oh lordy, a fanboy.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Del, you kill me.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I meant, "Oh lordy, a Shadow fanboy." Apparently I decided to leave an entire word out of my post.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

It's funny, because I left out the word 'never'. Hee.

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Wow, I've done that.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Me.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I doubt Metal Sonic is gone for good, but I'd like to see him in a game, he does suit shooting things more than Shadow.