Sonic's 15th Anniversary Fancomic 2006

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
EthanEmerald

Sonic's 15th Anniversary Fancomic 2006

Post by EthanEmerald »

Greetings!

For many months, I have been working on what is possibly going to be the greatest fancomic. It's in celebration of Sonic's 15th Anniversary.

The script is mostly written, and it's approximately a 60-page comic. (Yes, that is very large.) It's about Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles' adventure to Angel Island, while Patch, the Anti-Antoine plots revenge against the kingdom of Acorn. It's based from the Archie Sonic comic series. Unfortunately, my penciling talent is poor, so I need to request an artist or two.

I plan to have the comic finished by June 23, 2006 (Sonic's 15th Anniversary,) so, that only leaves about 4 months. I'm hoping the artwork can be finished in roughly 2 months. That's probably not a one-man's job.

I'll be needing about 1 or 2 pencilers, and I'll need you to ink your work. I'll also need a digital colorist to assist me with the work. I'm fairly skilled with digital coloring, but I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro, which has limited features, compared to Photoshop. Once this is done, I'll add the textbubbles. Following that, I'll print and distribute the comic to friends, as well as upload it and post it around forums, and other websites. This is being created merely for entertainment. NO profit is being made from this; it is not to be sold.

If you are interested in penciling this comic, you can reply to this topic, or email me at EthanDavis2010@hotmail.com

Be sure to include samples of your artwork, to help me make a decision.

I don't have much time to put this together, so if you're looking to apply for a position, make sure you're relatively serious and dedicated.

You can ALSO contact me by AIM'ing me. My screenname is EthanEmerald.

Thank you for your time,
Ethan

The T

Post by The T »

Hi.

Archie sucks.

Kthnxbai.

EthanEmerald

RE

Post by EthanEmerald »

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Unfortunately, It wasn't appreciated by me.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Honestly, sir, while I cannot say that I speak for all, I suspect that you will find help to be lacking on this particular board, and suggest that, should you continue to pursue your project, you try elsewhere and be sure to read through the board archives of wherever you may visit before requiring any assistance.

...is what The T was trying to say.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Ahem.

"Man, are YOU at the wrong board."

We should just rename the forum that.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Yeah. If you lurked through this board and read past threads here, you'll find that this is the wrong board to be asking assistance for an Archie-based Sonic fancomic.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Delphine wrote:Ahem.

"Man, are YOU at the wrong board."

We should just rename the forum that.
That or 'Fuck off'.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

I've seen better Family Circus comics than that thing.
That said, ideas are a dime a dozen.
"What makes my script special? Why would an artist want to work on it as opposed to something else? Why aren't I posting this on GameFAQs?"
These are questions you should have asked yourself.

Also, this topic is now about Phoenix Wright.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I object to that idea.

But hey, did you know Von Karma's daughter is in the second game? She even has a whip. It's kind of kinky.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

So, why do Sonic fans seem to love the idea of making their own "original" characters? Are they blind to the fact that most of their ideas are bland and generic?

The T

Post by The T »

Protodude wrote:But hey, did you know Von Karma's daughter is in the second game? She even has a whip. It's kind of kinky.
Too bad it's never coming here. =(

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

<a href="http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ ... m">Phoenix Wright at Hardcore Gaming 101</a>

Covers all three games. FYI.

Koosh Koosh!

Re: Sonic's 15th Anniversary Fancomic 2006

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

EthanEmerald wrote:[...] greatest fancomic. [...]

[...] It's based from the Archie Sonic comic series. [...]
Well, now.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I'm with Del. The name is giving people the impression that we're some kind of Sonic fan board.

J.E.Smith

Post by J.E.Smith »

One Classy Bloke wrote:So, why do Sonic fans seem to love the idea of making their own "original" characters? Are they blind to the fact that most of their ideas are bland and generic?
Well, to quote Bonus Stage:

Well, when a show becomes popular, it attracts people. And these people, they have no imagination or creativity, so they just create the exact same thing, you know, but change the words around. Except they don't even do that usually. Thus, the ill fated "Space Triangle"

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Unfortunately, the use of bland fancharacters distracts them from the ones with actual good character development. I don't mind fancharacters...as long as they're not uninspired.
~Neo

EthanEmerald

RE

Post by EthanEmerald »

No fancharacters are in production from me.

I thank you for your opinions and information. Have an excellent Sunday.

Ethan

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Why, you too.
Frieza2000 wrote:I'm with Del. The name is giving people the impression that we're some kind of Sonic fan board.
You know, when I think about this forum's name, the actual "Green Hill Zone" never comes to mind, only the three letters.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Kishi wrote:<a href="http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ ... m">Phoenix Wright at Hardcore Gaming 101</a>

Covers all three games. FYI.
Yeah, that's where I found out about Von Karma's daughter. I could've sworn there was a PC version of Gyakutan Saiban, but it's not covered in that article.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

One Classy Bloke wrote:So, why do Sonic fans seem to love the idea of making their own "original" characters? Are they blind to the fact that most of their ideas are bland and generic?
They are just following the example provided by Sonic Team.

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

The T wrote:Hi.

Archie sucks.

Kthnxbai.
Nothing else needed to be said after that, really. But, if you still feel the urge to make a fan-comic, I recomend you disregard what Archie has done and do your own thing.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

chriscaffee wrote:
They are just following the example provided by Sonic Team.
Nah, fan characters were stinking up the scene way before Sonic Team lost "it". Everything up to and including Sonic Adventure was cool. Shadow was acceptable in SA2 alone, but then with Chaotix coming back (ninjaz r cool lol) and Cream the Shitty Fucking Piece of Fucking Shit, it all went a bit tits-up.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Don't mind me. I'm just following Ploprus, Kishi, etc. example and hijacking this thread with more Phoenix Wright goodness.

Tokyo Gaming Show promo(subtitled)

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I thought Phoenix Wright WAS popular. It's sold out everywhere! I figured they'd really low-balled the number of copies they needed.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

j-man wrote:Nah, fan characters were stinking up the scene way before Sonic Team lost "it". Everything up to and including Sonic Adventure was cool. Shadow was acceptable in SA2 alone, but then with Chaotix coming back (ninjaz r cool lol) and Cream the Shitty Fucking Piece of Fucking Shit, it all went a bit tits-up.
Uh oh, you better watch out for j-man.