Sonic Revolution?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
tornadot

Post by tornadot »

No. It's a strategy style game where you move your fighter around and take down forts (Takes too long) and take out officers in battles. Somehow they thought this would be a fun way to unlock stuff for the character creation.

Nova

I like peas

Post by Nova »

If you are in the GHZ and you are a Nintendo fanboy, something tells me I have been playing idiot in the wrong place-_-

How can you ignore the fascist politic Nintendo had in the Nes era? If you programmed for Nintendo, you couldn’t program for anyone else.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

tornadot wrote:No. It's a strategy style game where you move your fighter around and take down forts (Takes too long) and take out officers in battles. Somehow they thought this would be a fun way to unlock stuff for the character creation.
I enjoy it, but it's too short at only 20 missions.

jenkins

Re: I like peas

Post by jenkins »

Nova wrote:If you are in the GHZ and you are a Nintendo fanboy, something tells me I have been playing idiot in the wrong place-_-

How can you ignore the fascist politic Nintendo had in the Nes era? If you programmed for Nintendo, you couldn’t program for anyone else.
Yeah, I guess...but Nintendo is pretty much the only company which still runs most of the "classic" games. Sony...well, they're still in charge of FF, so...

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

I thought the missions were too unbalanced, some were too easy and some were unfair...then again I'm not real good at Soul Calibur either so that might also be a factor.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

PBJClock

Post by PBJClock »

HOT!!!

my $ is on Miyayamoto!!! :razz:

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Miyamoto just looks pissed.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

It'd be more true to life if he were wearing a big happy grin. I don't think Miyamoto's ever been photographed with anything less than an ecstatic expression.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

He's been known to pensively reflect.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

While sort of on the subject of Nintendo

http://ds.ign.com/articles/683/683684p1.html

After tons of mockups, the real deal for the DS redesign. Not hugely aesthetically exciting, but the greatly reduced weight and the ability to change brightness levels might make me at least consider it. The biggest problem with the original design in my opinion is that it can be extremely uncomfortable to hold for long periods due to how heavy it is.
Last edited by James McGeachie on Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I'm not sure I'm going to like this. The lightened weight is nice, but it looks like hand cramp city.

It's like comparing the Game Gear to the original Gameboy Advance. The Gamegear rests flat in my hands. The sides rest in my palms, and my fingers wrap around the back for extra support. But the Gameboy Advance is way too tiny and narrow for me to wrap my full hands behind it, so I have to perch it completely between my thumb and fingertips, like I have lobster claws for hands.

The current DS is the same way. This redesign thing looks even worse for it. Look how close the a button is to the edge of the system! I don't see how that's going to be comfortable to hold, no matter how light it is. "The claw" is just not a comfortable position to hold your hands in for any length of time.... that's why console controllers aren't shaped that way. I want something that can rest in my hands, not something I have to balance between my fingernails.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

Color the buttons like that remote controller for the Rev and you'd almost think Nintendo would be thinking of connectivity for the DS with the Revolution...

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Or they are just keeping all their stuff looking similar, like the PSP and PS2. I have no doubt that the DS will somehow connect to the Revolution though.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

No analog joystick/nub/thing, and as Esrever pointed out, it looks even more uncomfortable to hold for a sustained length of time than the original design. Boo.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I think I was spoiled by the SP, but the DS.Lite looks exactly the same, just with less non-screen space. Moronic. Oh well, at least this means I don't feel cheated since I just got one for Christmas.

The T

Post by The T »

Double-S- wrote:No analog joystick/nub/thing
I'm sorry, what would that even be used for?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't think even Nintendo would be mean enough to force an upgrade by adding an entirely new button. :P

Dash

Post by Dash »

I kind of hate the PSP's analog nub. It's a little stiff stick that you slide around.. like it's on a plate or something. It just feels funny... I don't see why they couldn't have made it more like a standard thumbstick.

Size Comparisons. Woo.

The redesign is fair. Works into the iMac/Revolution style and all. I suppose that should lure in some of the people who call the current DS ugly. I'm a little suprised they did one this so soon though, especially when sales are going so well...

Eh, whatever. Hooray for planned obsolescence!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

When did the original DS come out? Wasn't it right around Christmas '04?

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Nintendo seems to be falling into the habit of releasing a new handheld system every year... I get the feeling there'll be another smaller, brighter, more wannabe-hipster friendly DS redesign before the system's life-span ends.

With that said, I think the DS Lite is pretty pointless, but I kinda like this whole Apple aesthetic that Nintendo is shooting for, and I kinda want one. I'll probably trade in my standard DS when it comes out, since my normal DS is all scratched to hell anyway. Plus, I'm a whore for new hardware.

The D-Pad and the buttons look a little too close to the edge of the system to be comfortable, but most of the games I've been playing lately are games that exclusively use the touch screen, so maybe it won't be a big deal. And the smaller size finally means I can keep my DS in my jeans pocket without looking like I have a large, rectangular boner.

Dash

Post by Dash »

And the smaller size finally means I can keep my DS in my jeans pocket without looking like I have a large, rectangular boner.
Um.. on your hip? :confused:

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

You're the last person to realize how anatomically incorrect Squirrelknight is. Now you have to touch it.

His penis really is rectangular, the DS just makes it appear to be bigger than it really is. He calls it 'Cinderblock'.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

He should call it 'CinderCOCK'. OH HOOOO!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Banned.