You guys are just silly.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
ban ME
Douche Banned

You guys are just silly.

Post by ban ME »

Don't you realize that Sonic is for kids? You guys would go watch a Barney movie and leave disappointed that it wasn't an arty criticism of 19th century railroad collusion. Of course characters like Shadow are formulaic - he was designed for young children to enjoy (who aren't nearly so discerning), not for you oh so calloused teenagers/adults! You mustn't expect everything to grow with you.

I still like Sonic, but I take it for what it is. All Yuji Naka & Co. have done in recent years is contemporize him. It's the same tripe, but now that it's been packaged for a new generation, the nostalgic factor for us fogies has been diminished. Let's be honest, most of the Sonic games in the 90's were crap. Sure, there were a couple of great early titles, and then a few decent smatterings afterwards, but those were just the hallucinogenic mushrooms growing in the heap of Naka's Floridian cow dung.

Nack/Fang isn't coming back, Espio will remain all purple, checkered hills will never dominate the Sonic landscape again, etc. Get over it. Most video games are just fodder for the bleating masses who need a constant drip feed of electronic entertainment, lest they have to wallow in reality.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Light Speed
Sexified

Re: You guys are just silly.

Post by Light Speed »

ban ME wrote:Don't you realize that Sonic is for kids? You guys would go watch a Barney movie and leave disappointed that it wasn't an arty criticism of 19th century railroad collusion. Of course characters like Shadow are formulaic - he was designed for young children to enjoy (who aren't nearly so discerning), not for you oh so calloused teenagers/adults! You mustn't expect everything to grow with you.

I still like Sonic, but I take it for what it is. All Yuji Naka & Co. have done in recent years is contemporize him. It's the same tripe, but now that it's been packaged for a new generation, the nostalgic factor for us fogies has been diminished. Let's be honest, most of the Sonic games in the 90's were crap. Sure, there were a couple of great early titles, and then a few decent smatterings afterwards, but those were just the hallucinogenic mushrooms growing in the heap of Naka's Floridian cow dung.

Nack/Fang isn't coming back, Espio will remain all purple, checkered hills will never dominate the Sonic landscape again, etc. Get over it. Most video games are just fodder for the bleating masses who need a constant drip feed of electronic entertainment, lest they have to wallow in reality.
LIES!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Don't you realize that Sonic is for kids? You guys would go watch a Barney movie and leave disappointed that it wasn't an arty criticism of 19th century railroad collusion. Of course characters like Shadow are formulaic - he was designed for young children to enjoy (who aren't nearly so discerning), not for you oh so calloused teenagers/adults! You mustn't expect everything to grow with you.

So...why are you here again?

Boobs I presume?

The T

Post by The T »

I think someone should um... ban him. I think that's what he wants.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

SegaSonic wrote:So...why are you here again?
And we all know you're one to talk.

Besides, it's not like the GHZ is about, y'know, Sonic or anything.
Last edited by Ritz on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

SONIC IS NOT FOR KIDS!
I'LL KILL YOU!

But seriouslly though, why you got to bring us down like that? :sad:

ban ME
Douche Banned

Post by ban ME »

Boobs I presume?
Your complete and utter ruination. I won't rest until you've all been downcasted to the nethermost regions of hell, where the aromatic zephyrs of life are choked by the sulfurous fumes of death! Your only companion will be misery, and you will come to understand what it is like to live my life.

Yes, I've run out of doritos! O pitiless fate! This pain in my stomach will not stop until the acid eats through the lining and kills me! How I pray for this salvation!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

This topic is indeed worthy of the abyss.
Last edited by Ritz on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

ban ME wrote:
Boobs I presume?
Your complete and utter ruination. I won't rest until you've all been downcasted to the nethermost regions of hell, where the aromatic zephyrs of life are choked by the sulfurous fumes of death! Your only companion will be misery, and you will come to understand what it is like to live my life.

Yes, I've run out of doritos! O pitiless fate! This pain in my stomach will not stop until the acid eats through the lining and kills me! How I pray for this salvation!
Take a chill pill bro.

ban ME
Douche Banned

Post by ban ME »

How I can I chill when the eternal flames of hell are constantly nipping at my bonded feet?

But seriously, how about one of you say something worthwhile?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

omgz a trol

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I think Sonic being for kids or Shadow's presence or Sonic's contemporization for the present generation of kids isn't really the issue, or at least it's not the real problem that plagues Sonic at this time- I believe it's the bad level design. The same thing that was wrong with Knuckles' Chaotix or Sonic CD.

ban ME
Douche Banned

Post by ban ME »

omgz a trol
Such witticisms. I suppose you're proud of yourself?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

oh no he made fun of me ;_;

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED THE TEST

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Of course characters like Shadow are formulaic - he was designed for young children to enjoy (who aren't nearly so discerning), not for you oh so calloused teenagers/adults! You mustn't expect everything to grow with you.
Have we really reached an age where young children enjoy a dude in black skating around while slaughtering innocent people and cursing? I mean, ten-year olds sure. But when five year olds start liking that crap . . .

ban ME
Douche Banned

Post by ban ME »

[quote[Have we really reached an age where young children enjoy a dude in black skating around while slaughtering innocent people and cursing? I mean, ten-year olds sure. But when five year olds start liking that crap . . .[/quote]
Well, I'm not saying that Sonic Team is taking the series into endorsable directions. I'm just saying that expectations should be tempered, by virtue of the intented audience.
Well, you can certainly be smug and impenetrable with such replies, but hardly interesting.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Well, as a seven year old, I'm still pissed about how sucky Sonic is. He told me he'd never suck again!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

No profanity? C'mon, guy. If you want to get banned, put some proper effort into it.

Do you realise that you're boring me? Can you live with that on your conscience? I didn't think so. Now make yourself interesting.

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

I dunno about you guys, but I'm here for the boobs.

...oh, and I guess your random insanity, too.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

ban ME wrote:
Well, you can certainly be smug and impenetrable with such replies, but hardly interesting.
And yet you keep replying.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

There is no such thing as "For Kids" unless you're talking about educational programming (which are designed to teach the non-educated). If you think Cartoons, or things like Sonic, are just for kids, you've simply become too self-conscious and shallow. You've allowed yourself to become embarassed by a label that you yourself have created. You stereotype yourself into disliking things "for kids" because you're too worried about what other people might think of you if they see you watching Cartoon Network before 8pm.

And that's just depressing. You're just fooling yourself into believing you're happy, because you're content in having protected yourself from "immaturity".

(Okay, I'm done feeding the troll now)

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

ban ME wrote:
Delphine wrote:oh no he made fun of me ;_;
Del may be many things, but impenetrable isn't one of them.

ban ME
Douche Banned

Post by ban ME »

There is no such thing as "For Kids" unless you're talking about educational programming (which are designed to teach the non-educated). If you think Cartoons, or things like Sonic, are just for kids, you've simply become too self-conscious and shallow. You've allowed yourself to become embarassed by a label that you yourself have created. You stereotype yourself into disliking things "for kids" because you're too worried about what other people might think of you if they see you watching Cartoon Network before 8pm.

And that's just depressing. You're just fooling yourself into believing you're happy, because you're content in having protected yourself from "immaturity".
If you don't think companies have you seperated into your own neat, tidy demographics, you're a fool. I'm hardly worried about what I project. I do, however, always try and admit the circumstances of nature.