Google Earth

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
jenkins

Google Earth

Post by jenkins »

I (finally) got Google Earth for my home computer, and I was thinking--does owning it automatically make you a stalker? If not, then what about when they give it live video instead of photomosaic? Assuming, of course, that the CIA doesn't choose that moment to fly in and steal it.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

The scary thing is this is the second forum I regular that has a topic called Google Earth, in 2 freakin days!
Do you e-stalk me jenkins?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

What's Google Earth? Is it just one of those programs have have satellite pictures of addresses or something?

muke

Post by muke »

Yes, but it's more than that. It's a hipnotizing program which, if you have the free version like I do, will let you zoom so far in that you can see blobs that vaguely represent your car from roughly five years ago. But you can also zoom into other things, like Paris or Rome, and see what they looked like not so long ago. I could spend days just gazing into its greatness.

CE

Post by CE »

And it also allows you to overlay other information. You can see where all the nearby ice cream stores and pizza places are.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Omni Hunter wrote:The scary thing is this is the second forum I regular that has a topic called Google Earth, in 2 freakin days!
Do you e-stalk me jenkins?
Wow, freaky. I guess it's all the stalkers celebrating the release of Google Earth for Mac.

Cars=Blobs? Depends on the city. Out where I live, the photos are from, oh, 2003 or so, and I can see our old red car in the driveway, now long gone. It is visible as a blob, not much else. But when I look at my old house in Cambridge, the resolution is so good that I can see the mirrors on the car doors and estimate how fat the people in Harvard Yard are. Those photos, however, I can't date. Yet.

Prophetic_Flame

Post by Prophetic_Flame »

Google Earth is the ultimate tool of stalkers....it's right up there with having leaks in the post offices. o.o;

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Proph, does it bother you to know that I know exactly where you are right now? In fact, that it is on screen?

It shouldn't.

Prophetic_Flame

But you already knew where I lived ^^; and I know where you live. Maybe I'll drop by later just to get back at you ^^

Starscream

Post by Starscream »

Sounds neat. But what's there to stalk with out of date pictures? A real-time satellite cam, now thát would be something. Imagine the possibilities. This could be the dawn of a new age in voyeurism.

Of course I suppose this sort of thing would be restricted by privacy laws, and come to think of it, isn't Google Earth a violation already? Can you look into everyone's back yard? Or how exactly does it work?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Post by Knuckles Dawson »

I made that in late july for an actual stalker of mine. :roll:

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

You know what that pictures missing?
A few OMI-LGBs.

Prophetic_Flame

Ritz wrote:Oho.
Somehow the picture of the target advertisement on the link just screams 'drop bomb here.'

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Relating back to Starscream's point, I don't really think that a new age in voyeurism would be the real result. This is just considering that you only get an aerial view with Google Earth. What we would get is Google recieving money from the Pentagon.

Hint: Google Earth "Area 51."

DackAttac

When I'm away she puts her make-up on the shelf

Post by DackAttac »

It's also the only internet map-thingy that shows the MBTA subway stops. Very handy for Bostonians.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

About them MBTA...have you also noticed that their Green Line is about half as wide as the Red, Blue, and Orange Lines? Might be because of the streetcars, but...

Light Of Illusion

Post by Light Of Illusion »

Prophetic_Flame wrote:Google Earth is the ultimate tool of stalkers....it's right up there with having leaks in the post offices. o.o;
It would be the ultimate tool for stalkers, but did you notice the pinpoints are always off a little?

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

If you know what you're doing, it's not too hard to correct.