You know what would be keen but never happen?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

You know what would be keen but never happen?

Post by Zeta »

A Chaotix game. Seriously. OK, so it looks like there's problably not going to be a Heroes 2. Good, I guess. But I really liked the Chaotix, and it would be nice to see aspects of the team style return in a Chaotix game. I'm invisioning a more slow-paced exploration platformer game. More like Banjo-Kazooie or Mario 64 but with aspects and styles of the Sly Cooper or Sam & Max series. It wouldn't be about getting to the goal as much as exploring and completing tasks in a "world" setting instead of a track-like action stage.

You'd have the team set-up (Flight, Power, Speed) for action set-ups but the characters could also split up and peform individual solo moves that would allow you to get through obstacles. One of the things I thought was wasted in Heroes was that the only time you could dissasemble your team was at switches. It would've been nice to see more done with it. For instance -

Espio could stick to walls and ceilings, tornado spin, become invisible, throw kunai, sneak around and pick locks. Charmy could fly around the level freely, activate teleporters, fit into small spaces, and perform a weak sting that knocks enemies out. Vector could smash into things, lift large objects, activate pressure switches, and swim/breathe underwater.

Together there would be exploration sequences where you have to split up/re-combine to navigate the world - like first using Charmy to clear a wall of enemies allowing Espio to climb up it and throw kunai at a tree allowing vector to scale it so he can smash open a rock blocking a small pipe that Charmy could fit into to collect something. Sort of like the Lost Vikings or the like in 3D.

Ah, I can dream. I just feel that if the team dynamic was revisted, it shouldn't be in a highly action oriented game and that the Chaotix are the only team that really felt right character-wise to be working so closely together.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I read the first sentence and automatically agreed.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Funny, I read the first sentence and disagreed. Not cause it was a bad idea, but because it would suck.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

It sounds exactly like what they did with Banjo-Tooie.

Not that that's a bad thing. I LIKED Banjo-Tooie.

Grant

Post by Grant »

What if the characters each had power rings, and - this is where it gets tricky - the rings were connected to each other through some sort of elastic, I don't know, thing?

SegaSonic

Re: You know what would be keen but never happen?

Post by SegaSonic »

Zeta wrote:A Chaotix game. Seriously. OK, so it looks like there's problably not going to be a Heroes 2. Good, I guess. But I really liked the Chaotix, and it would be nice to see aspects of the team style return in a Chaotix game. I'm invisioning a more slow-paced exploration platformer game. More like Banjo-Kazooie or Mario 64 but with aspects and styles of the Sly Cooper or Sam & Max series. It wouldn't be about getting to the goal as much as exploring and completing tasks in a "world" setting instead of a track-like action stage.

You'd have the team set-up (Flight, Power, Speed) for action set-ups but the characters could also split up and peform individual solo moves that would allow you to get through obstacles. One of the things I thought was wasted in Heroes was that the only time you could dissasemble your team was at switches. It would've been nice to see more done with it. For instance -

Espio could stick to walls and ceilings, tornado spin, become invisible, throw kunai, sneak around and pick locks. Charmy could fly around the level freely, activate teleporters, fit into small spaces, and perform a weak sting that knocks enemies out. Vector could smash into things, lift large objects, activate pressure switches, and swim/breathe underwater.

Together there would be exploration sequences where you have to split up/re-combine to navigate the world - like first using Charmy to clear a wall of enemies allowing Espio to climb up it and throw kunai at a tree allowing vector to scale it so he can smash open a rock blocking a small pipe that Charmy could fit into to collect something. Sort of like the Lost Vikings or the like in 3D.

Ah, I can dream. I just feel that if the team dynamic was revisted, it shouldn't be in a highly action oriented game and that the Chaotix are the only team that really felt right character-wise to be working so closely together.
Agreed! it only needs Knuckles and its complete.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Yeah, and Mighty! And Heavy and Bomb, too. And Ray the Squirrel's a Chaotix in Archie, so he should be in the game too. And Sonic and Tails should make guest appearances. And there should be a brand new enemy, but Eggman and Metal Sonic should still be behind everything. And you should be able to raise Chao to perform special tricks on the field. And Cream should be hiring the Chaotix to look for her mom, who's been kidnapped by Rouge.

IT DOESN'T STOP.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Senbei wrote:And Cream should be hiring the Chaotix to look for her mom, who's been kidnapped by Rouge.
Fucking christ, you just made me have a furry thought. Fuck you.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I'm convinced. I absolutely adored Lost Vikings.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

"Absolutely adored?" What the fuck is this? All My Children?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Delphine wrote:
Senbei wrote:And Cream should be hiring the Chaotix to look for her mom, who's been kidnapped by Rouge.
Fucking christ, you just made me have a furry thought. Fuck you.
Kinky.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

The Doc wrote:"Absolutely adored?" What the fuck is this? All My Children?
I adored Lost Vikings too, and I'll fucking fight you to the death to defend it.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I adore flannel shirts and hollowbody guitars.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Baba O'Reily wrote:I adore flannel shirts
You are now defined as the coolest person on the planet as voted by 25% of the British Empire (the UK, Jersey, Gersey and an island full of pedophilles).

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

What if we just had a good Sonic game.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Popcorn wrote:What if we just had a good Sonic game.
Now there's something that'll never happen.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Nah, that's boring. More guns!

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

Banjo-Kazooie...*sobs*

I would like to see a game centered on the Chaotix. And a game featuring the fucking Super Emeralds goddamit.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Does it redeem me if I point out that I have no idea what "All My Children" is? Is it a movie? Meh. Probably not something I'd benefit from having knowledge of.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

It's a soap opera on ABC.

So, yeah, not much of a loss.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Delphine wrote:
Nah, that's boring. More guns!
Fuck guns, we need tanks, flamethrowers, armies.

COMMAND SONIC AND CONQUER TACTICS!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

I'm pretty sure there's a tank in the last level of the Dark story arc. Probably functions like a normal car, but it looked like a tank.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Squirrelknight wrote:
Now there's something that'll never happen.
Not while Naka keeps “owningâ€￾ Sonic…

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

So far, I agree with the majority of posts. That said, the biggest breakthrough that I can think of would be if they had people who sniffed around websites like this, looking for completely untrue rumors of upcoming games, then stole the ideas and made the games. Imagine if they saw that one post where One Classy Bloke dreamed about NiGHTS for the PC, then they produced it. Hint hint, Classy Bloke.

Nova

Post by Nova »

j-man wrote:
I adored Lost Vikings too, and I'll fucking fight you to the death to defend it.
Lost Vikings “styleâ€￾ + Sonic+ 3D+ lazy programming+ crapy script + not enough time= Sonic heroes

So you see guys, is another idea that doesn’t work in 3D…