got nog?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Locit wrote:BARK AT THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

...Guitar Hero rawks.
Quite. I can actually play Thunderkiss '65 behind my head on Hard Mode with 80% accuracy. It's awesome to see.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Slick. I've done Take Me Out behind my back with some success, but that's only in normal. I've got a friend who's obsessed to the point that he's almost got Bark at the Moon (extreme) memorized.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Well, I got a computer sketchpad, Soul Calibur 3 (which rawks), recording equipment for music (working on a Plug In Baby cover), Mighty Boosh on CD but most importantly...

Absolutely fucking pissed!

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Omni Hunter wrote:most importantly...

Absolutely fucking pissed!
oh god

i got that too

what is normally a 5 minute walk home from my friends' house became a 45 minute stumble-vomit-falldown-athon

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I got Super Mario Strikers, Dragon Quest VIII, and the new Prince of Persia game.

More importantly, I got a pair of really awesome slippers that feel like walking with pillows under your feet. :D

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

The new Prince of Persia rocks! Of course I've loved the series since Sands of Time so I might be a little biased. I still think Warrior Within was kinda ick though.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I personally hated Warrior Within. It's a really good example of how gameplay alone doesn't make a game good if everything else is off putting. I couldn't stand how the Prince was written, or how thickly layed on the "mature" themes of the game (particularly the violence and sex appeal) were layered on, and don't get me started on the music.

But this just made The Two Thrones that much more enjoyable to me. It really and truly is a sequel to Sands of Time in every sense, and for that reason I'm willing to forgive Ubisoft for Warrior Within. They've redeemed themselves in my book.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I liked the story and new combat system of Warrior Within, but yeah, the music and just general attitude of the game made it a struggle to get through. I spent about a year off and on, and I finally beat it just so I'd know the story for Two Thrones. Two Thrones I beat in like three days or something, it sucked me in and never let go.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

YOU BITCH!

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

I beat Super Metroid again.
Merry Christmas!

Dash

Post by Dash »

Timestones wrote:But this just made The Two Thrones that much more enjoyable to me. It really and truly is a sequel to Sands of Time in every sense, and for that reason I'm willing to forgive Ubisoft for Warrior Within. They've redeemed themselves in my book.
Can you skip Warrior Within and still understand the story for Two Thrones? I really wanted to play this game series but WW kind of made me change my mind.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

It'd be kind of weird, but I could explain the entire thing to you in about 5 minutes if you want.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I dunno, there are some direct references to Warrior Within in Two Thrones. Nothing that'd make the story impossible for you to understand, but they might leave you scratching your head. If you really want to be completely filled in before playing Two Thrones but don't want to bother with actually playing Warrior Within, you could always just download and watch the speed run here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PrinceOfPersiaWW.html (Includes the "good" ending.)

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Light Speed wrote:The new Prince of Persia rocks!
I knew I forgot to get something. I've really been anticipating it ever since it started looking like one huge apology for Warrior Within, which I'd be happy to accept.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, the only shitty part is it sucked me in and after 3 days I had beaten it and then I was sad. Even though its longer than both the other games, I just kept saying one more save.

Dash

Post by Dash »

I kinda got the same feeling with Psychonauts. Took me about 4 days to get through. Loved every minute of it though.

*bookmarks the speed run* Much thanks! Now I just have to.. you know, play Sands of Time^^;;

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I'm tempted to get Two Thrones, but even though I have spoiled myself, I wanna at least breeze through Warrior Within. I'm aware of the crap they put in, but I'm just the type of person to just play through the whole damn thing to understand the flippin' story.
~Neo

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Dash wrote:I kinda got the same feeling with Psychonauts. Took me about 4 days to get through. Loved every minute of it though.
I started playing Psychonauts the weekend before finals week so I managed to stretch it out into over a week. I loved almost every minute of it, a few of the parts of at the end though were just a little too annoying for me. Well I guess not cause I got through them, but still, they pissed me off. Two Thrones has a boss fight that pissed me off two though, so I guess every game is gonna have something.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

One game I've been loving is viewtiful joe. Great gameplay, good music and bosses that make you cry. the sequels sucks compared to the original though.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

I got Phoenix Wright, Metroid Prme Pinball, Ouendan, Mario & Luigi 2, Tales of Symphonia (I beat it already but I just wanted to own a copy), We <3 Katamari, and Jump Superstars is coming in the mail. Also, a Japanese Red DS to replace my old one, which has broken Wi-Fi.
I also got a Mobiblu MP3 player, a JVC Digital Video Camera, a cellphone which I will never use, and a book on kanji.
And a new TV.
... And $100 on Amazon, over $150 at Best Buy, over $100 in cash.

This is including my birthday, Christmas, and Chanukah by the way.

Yeah you can tell I'm Jewish.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

How do you manage to get presents for Christmas <i>and</i> Hannukah?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

My relatives got me PoPoLoCrois. Bizarre, adorable, excellent gameplay.

Also, I committed the last 5 hours of my life to learning Bark at the Moon on an actual guitar in the hopes that it would aid me in Guitar Hero.

It did not.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Plorpus III wrote:Yeah you can tell I'm Jewish.
You're Jewish and you celebrate Christmas? That's... Odd. Happy birthday Jesus.

The T

Post by The T »

Plorpus III wrote:which has broken Wi-Fi.
How do you determine something like this?