Good 2 Player Games

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Good 2 Player Games

Post by Cuckooguy »

So, are there like, <i>any</i> good games on the PS2 that anyone can recommend that allow for more than one player (besides fighting games, racing, sports, and FPSs)? I'm somewhat curious about Shining Tears, but I hear it's not that great.

Recommendations?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Star Wars Lego.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND

Post by Cuckooguy »

I have never watched Star Wars in my life.

I have made many people gasp after stating that.

Anyway, anyone know anything about Kuri Kuri Mix (The Adventures of Cookie and Cream)? Or what Dynasty Warrior is like? Or ObsCure?

Any good PS1 2-player game recommendations are also welcome.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Poison Eggroll wrote:Anyway, anyone know anything about Kuri Kuri Mix (The Adventures of Cookie and Cream)
Apparently it isn't that good, but a full review is here if you are interested.
Poison Eggroll wrote:Any good PS1 2-player game recommendations are also welcome.
Although I'm certain there are other games that fit your criteria, but straight off the top of my head, Bishi Bashi Special and Point Blank. There's also Crash Team Racing if you don't mind kart racing games.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Gitaroo Man

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Has anyone tried Guitar Hero yet? Is it as good as Gitaroo Man? Is the guitar shaped controller as fun as it sounds?

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I saw someone playing Guitar Hero in Best Buy. It looked like fun and the guitar controller looked easy to use (five buttons on the fingerboard and a button as a pick that you have to hold down to hit the notes), but I can't say much for the song selection -- I'm more of a classic rock fan. Still, can't go wrong with Killer Queen or Edgar Winter's Frankenstein.

Never played Gitaroo Man, though.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Poison Eggroll wrote:I have never watched Star Wars in my life.

I have made many people gasp after stating that.
*GASP*

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Everyone seems to rag on Neo Contra, but it's two players and generally enjoyable, and the cut scenes are absolutely hilarious (Two words: Animal Contra), which, especially with a friend, makes all the difference.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND

Post by Cuckooguy »

Well, I already have Gitaroo Man, but that's not the kind of game I'm looking... that is to say, I was actually hoping for a game that offers more in terms of cooperation rather than competition, but it seems there aren't any of important note.

A bit off-topic, but because I'm such a cheapskate, I'm gonna go to Toys 'R Us on Thursday because it seems a healthy sum of games are going on clearance for $10.

Since I only own a PS2, I've decided to copy and paste the list of games for the PS2 that are going on sale:

Agent Under Fire
Alien Hominid
Ape Escape Pumped and Primed
ATV Offroad Fury 1
Bad Boys
Bard's Tale
Batman Begins w/ticket
Beatdown
Blood Rayne 2
Champions of Norrath
Cold Winter
Crazy Taxi
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme with Free CD(game only)
Dark Cloud 2
DBZ Budokai 3
DBZ Budokai 3 LE
Death by Degrees
Def Jam Vendetta
Delta Force Blackhawk Down
Digital Devil Saga 1
Dynasty Warriors 5
ESPN College Hoops 2K5
ESPN NBA 2K5
Euro 2004
FIFA 05
Fight Club
Ford Racing
Ghost in the Shell
Haunted Mansion
Haunting Ground
Hitman Contracts
Hot Shots Golf 3
HP Chamber of Secrets
Inellivision Lives
Jeopardy
Killer 7
Killzone
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Collector's Edition
Life Line
LOTR ROTK
Max Payne
Metal Slug 4&5
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Mortal Kombat Deception
MX vs ATV Unleashed
MX World Tour
NBA Live 05
NBA Live 05
NCAA Football 05
NCAA March Madness 05
Neo Contra
NHL 05
Outlaw Golf 2
Pinball HOF
Predator
Project Snowblind
Psychonauts
Ratchet and Clank
Rise to Honor
Rocky Legends
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
Rumble Roses
Samurai Western
Shaman King: Power of Spirit
Silent Hill 4
Sims
Socom 1(game only)
SRS Street Racing Syndicate
SSX 3
Star Ocean
Tak and Power of JuJu
Tekken 5
Tenchu FS
The Getaway
THUG 2
Tiger Woods 05
TimeSplitters 2
Transformers
True Crime Streets of LA
Viewtiful Joe 2
Winning Eleven 8
World Champ Poker
World Tour Soccer 06

I'm thinking of getting Dark Cloud 2 and definitely Psychonauts (I don't own an X-Box, so I'm getting whatever version I can), but are there any other games I should be aware of? I'm thinking that <i>maybe</i> I should get Viewtiful Joe 2 since I've never played that (or the first one), but I could probably find that for a pretty low price anywhere.

So, can anyone tell me about Dark Cloud 2? I've read that there are randomized dungeons, so that kinda turned me off... but if that's not as bad as I think that sounds, could anyone shed some light on if it's any good or not?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Don't get Joe 2, the original is the far superior game, the sequel is nothing but everything all over again, but worse.

Dark Cloud 2...well, it's a really nice game that has a lot going for it, good visuals, characters and voice acting, interesting story, lots of item customization, a ton of shit to do....

...but FUCK random dungeons, seriously. I understand how people could praise the game for everything else, but I can't see how anyone could think that constantly fighting through around fucking 20 identical looking randomized floors doing the exact same shit everytime isn't a major flaw. I don't care how much golf I get to play.

If you manage to look past that, I suppose the game does have a lot to offer. The fact you can build your own robot and zoom around in the random dungeons shooting shit with cannons does help ever so slightly to make it less boring, but certainly not enough for my liking.

Then again, this is all one man's opinion and I've seen a ton of people who think it's fantastic, so don't let this completely change your mind.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Having just said Neo Contra (it is so worth $10!), it should be obvious that I'm also going to suggest Metal Slug 4&5 and also Alien Hominid.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

^ Agreed.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Dark Cloud 2 is a dungeon crawl, with all the tedium and repetition associated, but with that in mind, understand that it is the best dungeon crawl ever. I never even played beyond the forest dungeon (which is only the second dungeon in the game, and the first major dungeon), but the 15 or so hours I spent with it constitute, I think, some of the wisest 15 hours I've ever devoted to a videogame. The characters and setting are great, there's ASSLOADS of shit to do, you build your own towns, and there's hours worth of stuff just to mess around with. It's definitely worth 10 bucks, at the very least.

The only other game on that list I'd recommend for the price (hell, any price) would be Psychonauts, but that's only if you absolutely can't get the Xbox version.

I would probably get Samurai Western for myself, though I'm sure I wouldn't be able to recommend it to anybody else.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You spent 15 hours on the first two dungeons? What the hell?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Actually, it was probably more than that, closer to 30 or 40. Only a fraction of it was actually spent in the dungeons, I spent most of it Shenmuing the (huge) central town and messing around with mini games and village construction and shit.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It's hard to get anywhere in Dark Cloud 2, what with the town building. How exactly was Samurai Western, anyways?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Wow. I started Dark Cloud 2 during Thanksgiving Break and was thinking about continuing it, but now I've decided not to.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

DC2 is hella fun, and not even remotely difficult. There's something wrong with you people.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND

Post by Cuckooguy »

So, I went to three Toys 'R' Us today (two were on the way from school, and one's ten minutes from my house), and they all ran out of PS2 copies of Psychonauts.

It probably didn't help that it was around 9:00 pm when I came to the store, though.

If I was a fan of the game, I might've been happy about this development; but I haven't played it to form an opinion yet, so I guess I'll find some other means of obtaining a copy.

I also imagine a good number of the games have been traded in to other gaming stores or sold on EBay for a profit.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Delphine wrote:DC2 is hella
ARREST THIS WOMAN SHE TALKS IN MATHS