Polychromatic Animals

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Polychromatic Animals

Post by Zeta »

Just wondering - what do you think of the coloring for the Sonic characters? I mean, do you think the kaleidoscopic choices were good, or what? You think any would look better as a different color?

I just don't like that every female has to be colored a variation of pink or purple. Ugh. Also, is it me - or does Tails' color change from game to game? He started off orange, then dark orange, then light brown, then yellow. I don't think they can settle on one color for him.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

While I'm not huge on the stereotypical-ness of girls being pinks and lavenders, it's something I'm not really complaining about.
I generally like the colors for the Sonic characters, especially when they're together to give it a nice eye candy.
~Neo

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

I like the colours, but I'd agree that some more variety is needed in regards to the female characters.

Actually, I just remembered Cream and Vanilla, so they're not all pinks and purples. I'd still like a bit more imagination though.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Still Blaze and Wave have me worried, they resemble Rouge and Now the official most popular color of Sonic Characters is Purple or shades of it.Wave shouldve been bluish/greyish/indigo with Red/fushia trims instead of dark purple. MAN! Espio used to have both Green and purple! but now hes an all purple retard. And Vector used to have Bluish shoes and stuff...but now hes goth with bling. Its like their brains are useless, and all they can do is crap..But you know why? because all that theres now is people who just care about money and mix stupid ideas into the Sonic universe. Simply because they dont have the spirit, most of the team is gone so most of the Sonic spirit is gone aswell. To me Oshima was the MOST pivital force behing Sonic, Not Naka. Thus..We see the slow downfall.

And Tails has always been orange, though the new games hes a yellowish orange.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, I just remembered Cream and Vanilla, so they're not all pinks and purples. I'd still like a bit more imagination though.
You can tell the difference between cream and pink?

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

SegaSonic...shut the hell up.

Tails isn't the only character with fluctuating shades. Sonic himself has gone through a dozen different blues throughout the series. I'm less fond of the gaudy bright blue used in Heroes. To me Sonic Adventure 2 was the game that got Sonic's colours exactly right.

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

Who the heck is Vanilla...?

I hadn't actually noticed that most of the females tend to be pink or purple. I do like the way each character is a distinctive hue. It doesn't make sense or anything, but it is neat.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Dunjohn wrote:Who the heck is Vanilla...?
Cream's mother. See Sonic Advance 2.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Vanilla is a bit of a freak. It's the only sign of anyone having parents anywhere in the series!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Zeta wrote:Vanilla is a bit of a freak. It's the only sign of anyone having parents anywhere in the series!
You know Vanilla has been around that track quite a few times.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

SegaSonic wrote:And Vector used to have Bluish shoes and stuff...but now hes goth with bling.
Bling is the manifest antithesis of Goth. The chain just raises his Street Cred by +4.

So, uh... Yeah, stfu

Nova

Post by Nova »

For some reason, primary colors rule for kids, see power rangers(Or Super Sentai, the original Japanese version).

The T

Post by The T »

The fact Nova knows what Super Sentai is scares and befuddles me.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Hehheh, I used to have some Super Sentai magazines....

No, Sentai, Sentai! Get your mind out of the gutter.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Rouge is white--though I guess white was(is still?) considered a stereotypical female character color. In the past, female cartoon animal characters were usually colored white for some reason. I don't really care how most of the female colored(I have a theory that they are all in a lighter tint to represent feminity). Probably because I don't see it as a big deal or it could be because I like pink and lavender. =P

*shrugs* I like how all the animal characters are not 100% 'naturally' colored like brown, gray, black, etc. It makes the characters pop-out more visually and tells the viewer that they are quite unusual animals.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I wish that Tails would go back to his original reddish-orange color, but that's really just part of a larger fantasy in which the series never moved away from the Ohshima/Watanabe/Nakamura formula.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Am I the only person who prefers Uekawa Yuji's (early) Sonic Adventure designs to anything in the past? In-game sprites aside, I thought everyone except Knuckles and Eggman were too cutesy in the early days.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I agree. I liked how Sonic seemed so. . . energetic in the art for SA and SA2. Like he really was ready to just speed off at any second.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I'm just waiting for Sega to rip the new animal that's been discovered recently, in FUSCHIA!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Here's the newest member of Sonic's friends:

Zoomer the Tragic Taxidermy Experiment!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

What is that? Neopets?