DackAttac

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

DackAttac

Post by plasticwingsband »

is a surprisingly good poster. I like the cut of his jib.

He can spell.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I'm gonna start calling Dache Dache Attache! :D

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

plasticwingsband wrote:"It stinks!"
Fuck that guy, once again!

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

G.Silver wrote:I'm gonna start calling Dache Dache Attache! :D
this should advance Dache from the world of regular rad into the realm of kickin' rad

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Dack has good taste in shows based on his avatar.

Too bad said show is getting canned because idiot Neilsen families would rather watch sitcom trash like The War at Home.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Too bad said show is getting canned because idiot Neilsen families would rather watch sitcom trash like The War at Home.
Is it my fault I think the eldest son is cute?! ;_;

Dache

Post by Dache »

WHO IS THIS IMPOSTOR

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Is The War at Home seriously getting good ratings? I was hoping it would be one of thosFox shows that bombs out after two weeks. :(

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

It's probably because the show is wedged between the Simpsons and Family Guy, so the audience doesn't bother to leave the couch for that one half hour.

That's why I watch it anyway.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

FUCK YOU NIELSEN RATINGS.

Massive <3 Arrested Development.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Fox is stupid and flung Arrested Development all over its schedule this year. Of course nobody's going to watch the show if they can't even find out when it's on.

And yeah... having The War at Home on Sunday instead of Arrested Development makes you question the mental stability of whoever's in charge of scheduling.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I have never even heard of The War at Home. Sounds gay though.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I have never even heard of The War at Home. Sounds gay though.
Bitchy annoying Jew with thick New York accent tries to act like a modern Archie bunker by bitching about gays, blacks, political correctness, and basically anything else on the Republican party's hitlist. Has wife with no personality, slutty daughter who likes black men, oversexed video gamer younger son, and effeminate undersexed crossdressing possibly gay chubby chasing older son.

Basically, it's an idiotic attempt at trying to get humor from straining to be controversial.

But dammit, Kyle Sullivan is a cutie.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Ohh, I saw one episode of that. The dad was having cyber sex at night on his computer, and when his wife found out he blamed it on the son, then bought him new shoes to keep his mouth shut or some shit. Then the mom got pissed at the dad for rewarding the kid instead of punishing him.

IS THAT NOT THE DEFINITION OF HILARITY?

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Senbei wrote:It's probably because the show is wedged between the Simpsons and Family Guy, so the audience doesn't bother to leave the couch for that one half hour.

That's why I watch it anyway.
But it is getting higher ratings than AD did in the same timeslot.
Double-S- wrote:Fox is stupid and flung Arrested Development all over its schedule this year. Of course nobody's going to watch the show if they can't even find out when it's on.

And yeah... having The War at Home on Sunday instead of Arrested Development makes you question the mental stability of whoever's in charge of scheduling.
The schedule flinging started when the show didn't get high ratings as it should have gotten(and that's bad news for a show that is expensive like AD). Fox, promoted the heck out of the show with internet campaigns, joke internet sites(ex. imoscar.com), and your basic TV commercials that mentioned it was an Emmy award winning show. Fox actually liked an excellent show for once, but I guess the public didn't.

Also, I assume that Fox placed AD on Mondays in the new season to test if it can really stand up on its own to justify spending tons of money to continue the show. But I guess that didn't work out.
Light Speed wrote:Ohh, I saw one episode of that. The dad was having cyber sex at night on his computer, and when his wife found out he blamed it on the son, then bought him new shoes to keep his mouth shut or some shit. Then the mom got pissed at the dad for rewarding the kid instead of punishing him.

IS THAT NOT THE DEFINITION OF HILARITY?
THE LAUGH TRACK ON THE SHOW TELLS ME WHEN IT IS OKAY TO LAUGH!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Ngangbius wrote:but I guess the public didn't.
Shock. Amazement.

DackAttac

Fag of the year; who could beat up your man?

Post by DackAttac »

Just to update the AD fans out there, it would seem both Showtime and ABC are interested when (if?) Fox finalizes the cancellation.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

ABC having some interest in AD is surprising. I was expecting NBC to be one of the first networks to snatch up the rights since they seem to appreciate the same kind of humor format based on the shows like Scrubs and My Name is Earl. Showtime, however I saw coming.

C'mon Showtime! C'mon Showtime! No limits!

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

No Showtime! I don't get that channel.

ABC does seem a bit surprising, but I guess they've been trying to skew a little older with their programming, what with that Desperate Housewives crap and stuff.

DackAttac

The workers are going home

Post by DackAttac »

I don't have Showtime either, but I do have a fast internet connection and some web sites I can't link to in some forums.

Grant

Post by Grant »

The nice thing about Arrested going to Showtime is that on a premium cable network, Hurwitz and co. won't have to worry about the threat of cancellation hanging over their heads every day.

One thing that concerns me is that Arrested has been on a slow downward spiral in terms of quality. Sure, it's still the best program on TV right now, but watching Prison Break-In on Monday with a repeat of Key Decisions from Season 1 right after showed me how much the show has dropped. This is almost certainly a result of FOX demanding that the writers "dumb down" the show and to "stop trying so hard."

But on Showtime, they would have more freedom to go back to writing Season 1 quality episodes and maybe even get back some of the Season 1 and Season 2 writers that ended up leaving the show. On ABC, I could potentially see the powers-that-be demanding further insanities from the creative staff.