Sonic Riders animé stuff?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Adamis

Sonic Riders animé stuff?

Post by Adamis »

A friend on Sonic Online found this:

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

It's from the intro. Apparently you can download the movie from Sega Europe's homepage though you must sign up first. Personelly I can't be arsed to do that but for those who can here is the adress.

http://www.sega-europe.com/en/MediaPlay ... __5327.htm

Is it me or is that the most feminime image of Sonic yet?

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I usually find it peculiar how those who wear goggles on their heads rarely use them.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

TMS (who animated Sonic X) are 51% owned by SEGA now, so this isn't really that big a surprise. I'm just wondering why everyone except Tails looks exactly the same in the video.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Looks decent. I've been pretty excited about this game since day one. *crosses fingers*

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

The albatross fella looks pretty shifty.

And yes, I am so so tired of people with goggles. It's just stupid now. I actually know a girl who wears goggles on her head all the time to keep her hair back, and it's the most frustrating thing in the world. I just thought she really like swimming.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

At least the style is closer to the anime into in Sonic CD, or at least it seems so in the bottom/center image.
Notice how Knuckles wears no goggles as he is totally badass!

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

I just hope this doesn't develop into a TV series...

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

If it does, then I at least hope for something independant to the Sonic X universe.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Video was pretty boring and the music isn't exactly to my tastes, but thankfully so far the game itself looks fairly decently, so I'll let them off with not having a perfect opening. Or at least I will if the game actually turns out good, which I'm hoping it might.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

for a second i thought the guy in the upper left hand corner glaring at tails was big

i was like WTF?

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Unless you're into hentai, I'd reccomend against a Google saearch for "Sonic Riders anime"...

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Omni Hunter wrote: Notice how Knuckles wears no goggles as he is totally badass!
Which is funny because prior to this game, he was the only Sonic character besides Charmy to be ever depicted wearing googles.
James McGeachie wrote:Video was pretty boring and the music isn't exactly to my tastes, but thankfully so far the game itself looks fairly decently, so I'll let them off with not having a perfect opening. Or at least I will if the game actually turns out good, which I'm hoping it might.
Wait, you downloaded the video and never bothered to share with the rest of us(or at least to the ones who don't want to sign up on SoE's site)? Upload it to yousendit, rapidshare, or any other file hosting place, please.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

The video is streamed in-browser. I suppose someone, if they really wanted to could hunt and peck through the HTML source to find the actual file and then download it, and then afterwards upload it.

Or you could just heed my warning and don't watch it because it isn't at all interesting.

Oh and it takes all of two minutes to sign up with the website. That includes checking your email for the link to activate your account.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

HyperFox wrote:Unless you're into hentai, I'd reccomend against a Google saearch for "Sonic Riders anime"...
Google wrote:Your search - "Sonic Riders anime" - did not match any documents.
:cry:

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

G.Silver wrote:
HyperFox wrote:Unless you're into hentai, I'd reccomend against a Google saearch for "Sonic Riders anime"...
Google wrote:Your search - "Sonic Riders anime" - did not match any documents.
:cry:
It was a joke perv, but they do havve some good MSN Groups, search for Amy Hentai Club or something similar...

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Well, Mailinator screws up the registration link, and I'm not giving out my real e-mail, and I'm NOT going to sign up another e-mail just for the shitty French version (was that redundant?) of SEGA.

Those escargot eating bastards can kiss my ass...nah, scratch that, they'd probably take it further than I'd want...

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

HYPERFOX IS THE BURN MASTER

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well it seems like IGN has uploaded the the anime trailer in the video section and features new illustrations of the charaters in the images section.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/770/770348/imgs_1.html

I seemed to be fond of Storm's design the most as it looks the most sinister of the three birds. I really, really hope that they stay villians because it would be weaksauce if they had a change of heart. :x

Tails is really cute in his illustration but that's expected.

And hey, Knuckles is wearing googles after all.

I've just noticed that Wave is topless.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

No boobies, though.

I do dig these character designs, if only because the art style is a refreshing change of pace from the now-typical Adventure-derived one. To quote Mitch Hedberg, though, "Hey, man, you have a lot of shit on your head."

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Yeah, I definately like the Xtreme shading deal. Kind of reminds me of Sonic Battle.
Looking at IGN's images, the new characters are cool, but they look like copies of previous characters. Jet is even in the exact same pose as Sonic, but is being viewed from a different angle.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I love the tone and feel this game is going for - making Sonic genuinely cool and all-ages again.

Between the bland, darker than usual "realistic" images of SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog and the cutesier than usual images of the other games (featuring Cream the Rabbit, Toy Kingdom, the power of teamwork, the power of friendship etc) it's nice to see some sanity return to the series.

Instead of trying to aim the games specifically for older or younger audiences it looks like Sega may be gonig back to making Sonic for EVERYONE again.
I really, really hope that they stay villians because it would be weaksauce if they had a change of heart. :x
Damn straight. The villain-turns-good schtick has become as tired as hell.

I can hardly believe it's taken nearly 15 years for Sonic to get some street-punk villains. I hope these guys stick around and stay bad. They're everything Shadow should have been (since day one I've thought that Shadow's character design was totally at odds with his characterisation and plot, as though the two were created indepently).
I've just noticed that Wave is topless.
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/770/770 ... 49073.html

She looks to be wearing some kind of white crop-top (though it does look a bit feathery).

(...)

Post by (...) »

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, that was TEH R0xx0RZ!! :)

The artstyle was somewhere between Sonic Battle and Sonic CD, which is a great place to be.

If only the whole game looked like this....

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Birds don't have boobies. They're not mammals.
So it doesn't matter if Wave has a top or not, right?

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

lololol!