The Future Of Sonic?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
HyperFox

The Future Of Sonic?

Post by HyperFox »

Since nearly every other Sonic "community" is a 2000 Geocities-hosted page heralding Sonic Adventure as the best game ever along with a cheesy MIDI of "Unknown from M.E.", I thought this would be probably the most appropriate place to ask.

Although what I am about to say is the Internet equalvalent of walking into an NBA stadium in full KKK garb and shouting "Whassup, muh niggaz!?", I wanted to hear this from Sonic fanboys.

You guys can't seriously think Sonic is going to last for another decade, right? I mean, more and more it slips up over it's own feet. This Shadow the Hedgehog was supposed to be "edgy", the only thing I see is Sonic Adventure 2 with a gun, and all the edginess of Spyro The Dragon.

And this new Sonic, which I've been referring to as Sonic360 is basically going to be "Sonic Adventure - With Better Graphics!â„¢"

And Sonic Riders? More like SSX Tricky, but with SONIC!!!

Yes, I know I've just said everything that's already been said. I know I'm proabably preaching to the choir, but I'm asking you. Are you all seriously eating your Sonic ring cereal while watching Sonic X in your Sonic underwear next to your Sonic piggy bank that's filled with money for the next Sonic games?

I think the world said "OK" to SEGA's choice of becoming a software developer simply for the fact that now they would have time to work on their products and make them the best damn games available.

Only they haven't been. Sure there's been some stand-out titles, but if you look at the "New SEGA" as a whole, you'll see a disturbing similarity to Acclaim.

They're raping Sonic, and the world just doesn't care anymore, either that or even he doesn't care anymore, and he just bent over.

The short of the matter: SEGA is taking a slippery slide down the slopes of Satan's anus, and they're taking their formerly beloved franchise with them.

How long do you think Sonic will last? I say three years.

OK, I'm done, you can lynch me now.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Are you all seriously eating your Sonic ring cereal while watching Sonic X in your Sonic underwear next to your Sonic piggy bank that's filled with money for the next Sonic games?
I think you misunderstand the kind of place we run here.

I say we; I mean Tsui. lol rhymes

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

See, this is why you should familiarise yourself with a forum before you post this kind of topic.

This is the one where the majority think the series has been on it's death bed for a while now and are bewailing the current level of mediocrity coming from Sega and having perhaps only the tiniest glimmer of hope that future Sonic titles will revive the awesomeness of ages past.

Wrong audience. Seriously.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

. . . are you some kind of idiot? Have you even read anything here? These forums are nothing but sex jokes and bitching about how the new sonic games suck.

Someone slap this guy.

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Zeta wrote:. . . are you some kind of idiot? Have you even read anything here? These forums are nothing but sex jokes and bitching about how the new sonic games suck.

Someone slap this guy.
I know there's sex jokes here...I'm the guy who wanted to fuck Blaze up the ass...

My bad, my bad... I just thought you guys would get pissed at me for kicking Sonc while he's down...just a joke that backfired really...

And actually, I really think Sonic360 will be good, is it going to go make me buy a 360, NO, but it will be good...

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

1.) It's very apparent you're not familiar with our general opinion here. See, we too think that the Sonic series is going in a crappy direction, with the likes of Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and the 4Kids dubbed Sonic X. We created the notion that this direction sucks, and it's spread out all over cyberspace as well.

2.) Does Sonic Rush not count for anything these days?

3.) About Sonic the Hedgehog (360/PS3)... Yeah, I'm not sure how you can prove your point that it's basically Sonic Adventure with better graphics when we've only seen -- Hmm, I don't know -- THREE FUCKING MINUTES WORTH OF DEBUG MODE FOOTAGE. Wait for more footage. Besides, there aren't any apparent gimmicks like treasure-hunting/fishing/mech-shooting/team-action/weapondry, so I'm sold already.

4.) Sonic Riders. Spin-off. F-Zero GX engine. AiAi playable. Nothing bad here.

5.) All this Sonic X/Sonic Heroes/Shadow the Hedgehog nonsense has been going on for only two years now, in comparison to the fifteen years of life the entire franchise has had. It's too soon to determine the lifespan of the Sonic franchise. Besides, with Shadow out of the way, this experimental era of things is over. It's all back to Sonic and Eggman now. I won't deny, SONICTEAM's artistic talent has been on the wayside these past few years, but I'm nothing but hopeful for the team to stop this experimenting and show us the SONICTEAM we knew.

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

I wasn't being serious guys...I thought that I established that...this was just to piss people off, and I guess I succeeded....

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

You haven't pissed anyone off. Just don't make posts like this again.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

HyperFox wrote:I wasn't being serious guys...I thought that I established that...this was just to piss people off, and I guess I succeeded....
The pissing people off part wasn't that succesful, but you certainly pulled off a record effort of making a fool out of yourself. Personally I've never quite understood the widespread desire to accomplish the latter in Internet discussion forums, but hey, each to their own.

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Professor Machenstein wrote:You haven't pissed anyone off. Just don't make posts like this again.
Alright, sorry. My bad.

Looshi

Post by Looshi »

It brings up a good point though. 95% of this forum gave up on Sonic after Heroes. I don't know if anything could change that now save the second coming of Sonic CD.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Q: What do you call someone who posts on a forum solely to piss people off?

A: TROLL.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Hey, speaking of Trolls, remember that troll figurine fad in the early 90s? I have no idea why there were a fad in the first place, because I found them to be <i>really</i> ugly. There are still four trolls in the this house.

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Poison Eggroll wrote:Hey, speaking of Trolls, remember that troll figurine fad in the early 90s? I have no idea why there were a fad in the first place, because I found them to be <i>really</i> ugly. There are still four trolls in the this house.
They even had a TV show, that starred a Troll in a leather jacket. Seriously a butt-fugly troll with a leather jacket, and NO PANTS.

God, the things that were popular in the 90's... :roll:

Grant

Post by Grant »

HyperFox wrote:
Zeta wrote:These forums are nothing but sex jokes
I know there's sex jokes here...I'm the guy who wanted to fuck Blaze up the ass...
I don't think that's what Zeta meant in regards to "sex jokes." Generally, sex jokes should be funny - not creepy. At least not that creepy.

Also, you should have like 8 or 9 random numbers at the end of your net handle, shouldn't you, uh, HyperFox?

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Amazing Grant wrote: Also, you should have like 8 or 9 random numbers at the end of your net handle, shouldn't you, uh, HyperFox?
Umm no, why? That just makes it more of a pain to type in...

Spazz

Re: The Future Of Sonic?

Post by Spazz »

HyperFox wrote:Are you all seriously eating your Sonic ring cereal while watching Sonic X in your Sonic underwear next to your Sonic piggy bank that's filled with money for the next Sonic games?
So?! I mean-NO!!

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

I would seriously buy Sonic ring cereal if they made it.

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Plorpus III wrote:I would seriously buy Sonic ring cereal if they made it.
Yeah, I started thinking the same thing after I said that... Ithink that's about 35% of what made this thread backfire...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hey, speaking of Trolls, remember that troll figurine fad in the early 90s? I have no idea why there were a fad in the first place, because I found them to be really ugly. There are still four trolls in the this house.
They're trying to bring them back.

As slutty fashion dolls.

Called "Trollz"

Make them die, Ted.

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

Zeta wrote:
Hey, speaking of Trolls, remember that troll figurine fad in the early 90s? I have no idea why there were a fad in the first place, because I found them to be really ugly. There are still four trolls in the this house.

As slutty fashion dolls.

Called "Trollz"

Make them die, Ted.
LOL.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Zeta wrote:

As slutty fashion dolls.

Called "Trollz"

Make them die, Ted.
What.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Best Friends For Life!!!1!

They successfully covered all the cliches here--even got a GOTH!Troll. :x

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I like how BBFL is supposed to be an acronym for Best Friends For Life.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Fuck no. I did not want to see that.