Please buy a BILLION copies of Shadow the hedgehog.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Baba O'Reily wrote:EXTREME SONIC ITEM CREATION MINI-GAME
Sonic Ocean 2

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

For the record I wrote that post at midnight after carrying heavy furniture around and it was the first night I played the game. Now having completed one of the storylines I rather like the game now and will own it, just not for $49.99

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

How can any human like Shadow the Hedgehog. I loved Heroes and can't find anything to like about Shadow. I spent £30 on it and don't have the will to finish one story. Maybe when I've finished Sonic Rush. Damn that game is good...

CM August

Post by CM August »

So... can anybody tell me why Japan is not getting Shadow until December 15? Not even Australia is getting it that late.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

It's a game more tailed to western audiences. Maybe that as something to do with it. Maybe Sega know the Japanese will hate the idea of a 'Sonic' game with guns and won't be fobbed off with such a crappy game.

After all that I'm waiting for STH to be number 1 in the game charts tomorrow :roll: It's worse because I’m to blame too, I bought it.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Sonic's really isn't popular in Japan in the first place let alone 'Dark Sonic with guns'.

I'll be surprised if the game breaks 10,000 copies sold at the end of the month there--especially with the upcoming Kingdom Hearts II looming over the horizion.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

And I wouldn't be surprised if if breaks 1,000,000 over here in the west.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Heroes still manages to appear in the UK top 40 charts almost every single week, so it's probably likely. That being said I'm not sure how it sold in the US though.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Brilliant. Shadow storms the UK charts at number 25. Hahahaha! Meanwhile, Heroes which is nearing 2 years of age is at number 35 in the top 40, selling more copies last week than the newly released Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for consoles.

James McGeachie

Heroes also managed to outsell Rush by a fair margin, as Rush didn't even enter the overall system top 40. In fact, it only entered 4th in the DS charts, behind The Sims 2.

People suck.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Why does the UK like Sonic Heroes so much? It did all right over here, but nothing like that!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I thought it did pretty damn good over here, way better than it should have anyway. Then again, anything over 200 copies is way better than it should have.

James McGeachie

The Gamecube is far less popular in the UK than in the US, the same goes for Nintendo as a whole. Since next to no one here bought a Dreamcast, Heroes on the PS2 and Xbox was the first chance for the legions of UK Sonic fans turned PS2 fanboys to play a Sonic title in years, hence amazing sales.

Well, actually that's all just assumption on my part, but it does seems to make sense.

Interestingly a few weeks ago I actually saw Sonic 3D for the PC get back into charts, which was extremely odd to say the least.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Back into the top 10 wasnt it? I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a new game I'd somehow managed to not know about. In reality it was the game released on budget for PC.

Rush not selling that well on the all format chart doesn't surprise me. As witht he Gamecube the DS is seen as more of a toy compared to the PSP. It's unfrtunate but not many people in the UK own a DS and even less would buy a Sonic game for it, despite how great it is.

James McGeachie

That's sort of a misconception actually. So far in the UK from the sales figures I've seen elsewhere, the DS has amazingly still been selling more than the PSP, but it's entirely contributed to a lack of PSP stock I think.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

James McGeachie wrote:Heroes still manages to appear in the UK top 40 charts almost every single week, so it's probably likely. That being said I'm not sure how it sold in the US though.
IIRC, I remember it seeing Sega's latesets sales chart that SH sold 500,000+ on the GCN, around 350,000-400,000 on the PS2 and somewhere aroung 250,000 on the Xbox. I maybe off on some numbers but I remember it was pretty close to that.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

In one region or everywhere?

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

I assuming it was North American sales.