Shadow and Rush, Opinions and General Bitching

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Crazy Penguin wrote:
One Classy Bloke wrote:Because all other series are consistant brillance.
The Legend of Zelda series has done well so far and remained strong both in terms of critical and fan acclaim and sales and marketability.
Adventure of Link? (I would cite the CD-i Zeldas too, but they don't really count.) And no one really seems to about those Ages/Seasons and Minish Cap games, despite the good reviews.
jenkins wrote:What happened to beta testing?... To cut to the chase, they should test Sonic games before releasing them. And not on a bunch of pre-middle schoolers.
I work as a games tester for Sega, and while i don't work on any Sonic game right now, i can assure you that there is a beta version of all Sonic games, which are extensively tested. Hell, the copy of Shadow in the SOE lobby is a beta version.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

You should leak stuff.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Adventure of Link? (I would cite the CD-i Zeldas too, but they don't really count.) And no one really seems to about those Ages/Seasons and Minish Cap games, despite the good reviews.
Adventure of Link, like most games of that era, hasn't aged very well and certainly isn't a patch on the original, but I wouldn't say it was a bad game. Ages and Seasons are fantastic. The Minish Cap is mediocre (for a Zelda game), a lot of which is down to the "been there, done that" feel and how small it is.

The Zelda series has been really damn strong thus far, with only small misfires.

I think we'd all agree that cannot be said of the Sonic series.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

One Classy Bloke wrote: I work as a games tester for Sega, and while i don't work on any Sonic game right now, i can assure you that there is a beta version of all Sonic games, which are extensively tested. Hell, the copy of Shadow in the SOE lobby is a beta version.
Did you ever get a chance play Shadow's scrapped 2-player racing mode? Or am I thinking of something else completely?
Were there any interesting things in the betas you've played that were left out of the final?

One Classy Bloke

Crazy Penguin wrote:The Zelda series has been really damn strong thus far, with only small misfires.
Can't really debate anymore on this. Unless i bring up the cartoon, which was pretty lame.
Plorpus III wrote:Did you ever get a chance play Shadow's scrapped 2-player racing mode? Or am I thinking of something else completely?
Were there any interesting things in the betas you've played that were left out of the final?
Sadly, I didn't start working there until the weekend after Shadow was released. I did manage to find a video that i'm sure everyone will find humourous, if anyone can provide a place to upload it which is not Google Video.
Light Speed wrote:You should leak stuff.
Already have for Sonic Riders. I'm a little against revealing some of the more surprising stuff, for fear of ruining the surprise. So i'm gonna make you play mind games. For example:

Some of Sonic Team games are being ported to the PC.

Something interesting happened yesterday, now that i think about it. An FPS called Raven was tested by a few people. While they couldn't give any details about it, they were completely amazed by what they played.

When my project is announced, i'll give out more details. But i tell you now, this game has one fucking awesome level.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

One Classy Bloke wrote:
Plorpus III wrote:Did you ever get a chance play Shadow's scrapped 2-player racing mode? Or am I thinking of something else completely?
Sadly, I didn't start working there until the weekend after Shadow was released. I did manage to find a video that i'm sure everyone will find humourous, if anyone can provide a place to upload it which is not Google Video.
http://transferbigfiles.com
http://yousendit.com
http://www.putfile.com/

Egore

Post by Egore »

Some of those games only have a small degree of shit in them, specifically the Advance games. Heh, I still can't believe Sonic Battle is "meh" when Advance 2 is "shit", but sure...
Well that's personal preference, I suppose. I have a softspot for Sonic Battle, and I hate Sonic Advance 2.
What I imply is that, yes, you should bash SEGA for making crappy games. But when they make a good one, encourage them to make more. Otherwise, SEGA will continue to sit on their thumbs going, "WHADAREWE DOIN WRONG????" then pump out the next gimmick.

Sonic Rush is the closest to what we have ever got to a game worthy enough to live up to the Sonic name since Sonic & Knuckles. You should encourage SEGA to make more like it. Let's just see to it that they fix the flaws that inherited the first game. (Unlikely)
I'll have to agree with you that Sonic Rush is the closest thing to Sonic & Knuckes so far, but encouraging Sega is pointless. Sometimes I don't think Sonic Team has any intention of improving, they just change it up enough so that they can put out another game. If Sonic Team was really listening to fans, then we wouldn't have Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Riders. Or, maybe they are listening to their fans, the little kids who don't know any better.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

So they do have beta versions...do you know who they tested them on?

Interesting opinions from Egore. I've never played Battle, and everyone keeps talking about how cool it is and using the sprites in sprite comics (as opposed to Genesis or other Advance sprites). As for Sonic Advance 2 being shit...you're probably right. At least Advance 1 got a "meh," that's enough to placate me.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Egore wrote:If Sonic Team was really listening to fans, then we wouldn't have Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Riders. Or, maybe they are listening to their fans, the little kids who don't know any better.
Sad, but true.
Egore wrote:I have a softspot for Sonic Battle,
So do I.

I've gotten so much use out of that topic.

One Classy Bloke

jenkins wrote:So they do have beta versions...do you know who they tested them on?
Cockney Londoners.

Egore

Post by Egore »

So do I.

Oh god, the story is trash, I know. I kind of like Battle for the actual fighting. Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to beat the shit out of Amy, Shadow, and Cream?

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Egore wrote:
So do I.

Oh god, the story is trash, I know. I kind of like Battle for the actual fighting. Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to beat the shit out of Amy, Shadow, and Cream?
No I don't. But you know what's really satisfying?

Sex.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Owen Axel wrote:
Egore wrote:
So do I.

No I don't. But you know what's really satisfying?

Sex.
How would you know?

One Classy Bloke

Fucking hell, i've fucking decided to fucking upload it to fucking rapidshare. Fucking here is the fucking link. http://rapidshare.de/files/10607508/Sha ... n.avi.html
If any fucking one wants to fucking upload it to another fucking website, feel fucking free. This fucking video is from a fucking Shadow beta. You all better fucking enjoy fucking it.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

. . . I think I just saw my vision of Hell.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Baba O'Reily wrote:How would you know?
I was infering that sexual intercourse is a more satisfying pursuit than tormenting fictional characters in a video game.

Granted, it is a broad term. I was speaking of the act of putting a penis in a vagina. Repeatedly. But certainly there are other actions that would fall underneath the category of having sex.

In other news, One Classy Bloke just scarred me for life. Thanks.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I haven't played Shadow the Hedgehog (I will probably wait until it goes down to $20), but is there really a Maria model in the game? What happens? You play as Shadow reliving some flashbacks, and have to keep Maria safe, or what?

By the way, thanks for scarring us.

Dash

Post by Dash »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Fucking hell, i've fucking decided to fucking upload it to fucking rapidshare. Fucking here is the fucking link. http://rapidshare.de/files/10607508/Sha ... n.avi.html
If any fucking one wants to fucking upload it to another fucking website, feel fucking free. This fucking video is from a fucking Shadow beta. You all better fucking enjoy fucking it.
Umm.... did you have to set that up or was it a spontaneous glitch?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Owen Axel wrote:
Baba O'Reily wrote:How would you know?
I was infering that sexual intercourse is a more satisfying pursuit than tormenting fictional characters in a video game.

Granted, it is a broad term. I was speaking of the act of putting a penis in a vagina. Repeatedly. But certainly there are other actions that would fall underneath the category of having sex.

In other news, One Classy Bloke just scarred me for life. Thanks.
Joke: -------------------------------->
Owen Axel's Head: O

One Classy Bloke

Dash wrote:Umm.... did you have to set that up or was it a spontaneous glitch?
It's a combo of two bugs, each of the two characters get stuck into those positions after something specific (hit by an enemy for Maria, falling off a platform for Shadow). Shadow was moveable and SOE chose to create this. There is a second video showing the lead up to this one, but it's nothing interesting really.

Incidently, there is a similar one involving some of the chao in Cryptic Castle. But it's not as comical, and doesn't involve Shadow.
I haven't played Shadow the Hedgehog (I will probably wait until it goes down to $20), but is there really a Maria model in the game? What happens? You play as Shadow reliving some flashbacks, and have to keep Maria safe, or what?
Yea, there are two stages set in the past and can do missons with Maria. One has you healing researchers during the GUN attack (which is pointless considering what happened in the end), the second has you destroying Artifical Chaos who have gone nuts (Bizarrely, Maria thinks they are "cute". Just more evidence that Maria was a furry.)

Come to think of it, didn't anyone notice that Maria kinda humped a small boy in one of the cutscenes?

Finally, please call me 'OCB' in your posts, or "THE LORD AND MASTER WHOM PROVIDES US WITH ALL THE SMUTTY AND AWESOME DETAILS DIRECT FROM SEGA!!!" Typing "One Classy Bloke" is far too long.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

No, I insinuated that the notion that I'd not know about sex is so preposterious that you must therefore have phrased your question wrong.

Forget it. This whole exchance was a dud from the get-go.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Sez you.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Possibly sez somebody else who had possessed his body for the duration of the post. The plot thickens!

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

What?

(too lazy to find the thread)

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

How come whenever a topic goes on for long enough it boils down to sex or boobies?