Shadow and Rush, Opinions and General Bitching

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

SegaSonic wrote:Oh and Eggrobo<Eggpawns
. . . I thought even you were above that.

Your picture is broken, by the way.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I thought even you were above that.
what do you mean?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

If you right click his picture and hit View Image or Show Picture, pending on your browser, it'll work.
Last edited by Light Speed on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Machenstein

I see it now. Not bad. The gun looks nice too.

SegaSonic: As for what I mean, your "Eggrobo < Eggpawn" statement indicates that you favor Eggpawns over Eggrobos. As a classic fanboy, I find that to be pretty low. You know one of the major rules of being a classic fanboy is that everything associated with Heroes sucks. This includes Eggpawns, the glossy character models, Omega, teamwork, friendship, Renderware, Crush 40, the new Chaotix, the Shadow clones, BOTTOMLESS PITS, Metal Overlord, and so fourth.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I liked Crush 40. However I hardly even consider myself a fanboy anymore. I just post here cause we still talk about video games. Sonic's pretty much dead to me, even though I'm still gonna buy that new Sonic game for the next gen on launch day.

There was a time where I'd buy Shadow the Hedgehog just because it had the Sonic Team logo, hell I the original reason I bought a GameCube was cause Sonic was supposedly going there exclusively. Those days are over now though.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Yes, we are all getting old and will leave the gaming community forever.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Professor Machenstein wrote:I see it now. Not bad. The gun looks nice too.

SegaSonic: As for what I mean, your "Eggrobo < Eggpawn" statement indicates that you favor Eggpawns over Eggrobos. As a classic fanboy, I find that to be pretty low. You know one of the major rules of being a classic fanboy is that everything associated with Heroes sucks. This includes Eggpawns, the glossy character models, Omega, teamwork, friendship, Renderware, Crush 40, the new Chaotix, the Shadow clones, BOTTOMLESS PITS, Metal Overlord, and so fourth.
NO NO NO!!! The other way around! :mad: (stupid typo)

Eggrobo>Eggpawns

Much better.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Omni Hunter wrote:Yes, we are all getting old and will leave the gaming community forever.
Hey now, I said nothing about the gamer world. I just lost interest in Sonic because the whole series blows at the moment. I'll be a gamer forever, at least until I acquire a girlfriend of some sort anyway. Actually, I'd probably leave her for video games.

Professor Machenstein

Well, from my experience, I was about to go down the same road you did after playing Shadow the Hedgehog on that fateful day in November 2005. But I heard good things of Sonic Rush, and I thought I'd give Sonic one last chance. I waited until Christmas to get my DS and a copy of Sonic Rush, to experience the proper Sonic game on the proper day. Why, about twelve years back on Christmas I got a Genesis and a copy Sonic the Hedgehog 2, so I thought, "Hey, for old time's sake..."

Sonic Rush did more than to reenact my first encounter with Sonic. It renewed my love for the series while simultaneously clearing my memory of its recent failures (Sonic Heroes, Sonic Advance 3, Shadow the Hedgehog, etcetera...). I cannot even remember their boot-up screen.

Sonic Rush, to me, is Sonic the Hedgehog 2's parallel dimensional sister. Think about it; they both came out on November, but was experienced by many on Christmas. They both have two playable characters that play exactly the same. They both introduce a convenient new feature that allows you to plow through enemies (Spindash is to Sonic 2, as the Rush Meter is to Sonic Rush). They even have the same special stages.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, but I don't have a DS since I've found every handheld I buy ends up getting little to no use. In fact most of the ones I bought were just to play the Sonic games on them, like that 100 bucks I blew on a Neo Geo Pocket Color just to have it discontinued after I only bought one game. :(

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Well, from my experience, I was about to go down the same road you did after playing Shadow the Hedgehog on that fateful day in November 2005. But I heard good things of Sonic Rush, and I thought I'd give Sonic one last chance. I waited until Christmas to get my DS and a copy of Sonic Rush, to experience the proper Sonic game on the proper day. Why, about twelve years back on Christmas I got a Genesis and a copy Sonic the Hedgehog 2, so I thought, "Hey, for old time's sake..."

Sonic Rush did more than to reenact my first encounter with Sonic. It renewed my love for the series while simultaneously clearing my memory of its recent failures (Sonic Heroes, Sonic Advance 3, Shadow the Hedgehog, etcetera...). I cannot even remember their boot-up screen.

Sonic Rush, to me, is Sonic the Hedgehog 2's parallel dimensional sister. Think about it; they both came out on November, but was experienced by many on Christmas. They both have two playable characters that play exactly the same. They both introduce a convenient new feature that allows you to plow through enemies (Spindash is to Sonic 2, as the Rush Meter is to Sonic Rush). They even have the same special stages.
Ditto.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

What a useful post.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Just about as useful as yours... and mine.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

you win

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Sonic Rush wasn't nearly that good.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

shadow is tho lol

DackAttac

Your sister's gone out. She's on a date.

Post by DackAttac »

I think I can safely say, on behalf of everyone else in the world, to everyone who has "cut Sonic out of their lives": No one gives a rat's ass.

Either you're not buying decent titles, in which case you're just screwing yourself while the rest of us laugh at you. Or you're not buying crappy titles, in which case you're just exercising common sense, which is nothing to brag about. Or you're going to do research and buy the titles that interest you, which is really not outside the realm of Sonic fandom in the first place and is, once again common sense you shouldn't be bragging about.

And if you think boycotting the series is going to improve its quality, just know that more than enough people bought Shadow. If your solution is to not buy Sonic Rush to drive those sales into the dirt, you're hardly setting them on the right track.
Segaholic2 wrote:Sonic Rush wasn't nearly that good.
My initial thought, but it has grown on me immensely. Definitely suffered from the hype backlash.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Hey, I'm not boycotting or anything. It's just that Sonic has gotten so bad as of late that my blind fanboyism is gone. Plus I don't care about handheld games so thats why I didn't get Rush. It may be good, but from what I've heard it isn't worth buying a DS for.

By the way, I think I can safely say on behalf of everyone else in the world, to everyone that hasn't "cut Sonic out of their lives": No one gives a rat's ass.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

The two guys on the left are trying to hard.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Seems a bit contradictory if you have to actually TELL someone that you don't give a rat's ass. That alone is showing interest and concern.

I care just about enough to state that I don't care who doesn't care about whatever we were talking about again.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Nah, I was clarifying how I felt about the Sonic universe. I thought I said I didn't completely not care, I mean I still have every intention of buying the new next gen Sonic game. Either way I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up, this isn't going anywhere.

Professor Machenstein

Segaholic2 wrote:Sonic Rush wasn't nearly that good.
Explain. I mean, so what if it doesn't have Ohshima's character designs, Nakamura's 16-BIT composition, or the surrealism of a Miyazaki film. It may not have the Ristar/Chaotix template we've been starving for since '95, but it doesn't feel like Sonic Advance either. It's Sonic Rush, and it has a charm I look forward to seeing more of. Just give it some time for the nostalgia to sink in. Soon, maybe around year's end, message boards around the 'Net will start raving, "WHY WONT SEGA MAKE A SONIC RUSH 2????"

Now, if it's design that's bothering you, that's something I can partially agree with. SEGA and Dimps desperately need to reduce the amount of bottomless pit deaths in the game. Just got done playing a round of Altitude Limit? I can understand. But the rest, all it takes is some memorization to avoid those pesky pits. Same case with Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
Light Speed wrote:Plus I don't care about handheld games so thats why I didn't get Rush. It may be good, but from what I've heard it isn't worth buying a DS for.
Hmm. . . Even though it is likely it will never happen, SEGA should make a 2D Sonic game for consoles, but with the same gameplay mechanics as Rush and S3&K (You know, with the W Kaiten and the Fire/Electric/Bubble sheilds), and instead of 3D models and a 2D plane, it should be 2D sprites with 3D backgrounds and foregrounds. Somewhat like Paper Mario, but all on a 2D plane. It's a dream. Sigh... ♥

EDIT: If there is any bottomless pits, make it so they lead to an underground portion of the stage so you can work your way up.
Last edited by Professor Machenstein on Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Wing Fortress was a bitch.
That's not really so much a spoiler as it is common knowledge. Incidentally, though, I seem to remember that Wing fortress made up for its plethora of falling deaths with excellent platforming action elsewhere. Frankly, I thought it was exhilarating back then since it was only one zone with bottomless pits as opposed to a whole game. I always kind of thought the fact that you had to jump off the Tornado was a bit cheap, if only for the first time where you had no clue you were supposed to.

Professor Machenstein

Locit wrote:
Wing Fortress was a bitch.
That's not really so much a spoiler as it is common knowledge. Incidentally, though, I seem to remember that Wing fortress made up for its plethora of falling deaths with excellent platforming action elsewhere. Frankly, I thought it was exhilarating back then since it was only one zone with bottomless pits as opposed to a whole game. I always kind of thought the fact that you had to jump off the Tornado was a bit cheap, if only for the first time where you had no clue you were supposed to.
I also recall a lot of falling deaths in Metropolis Zone and Hill Top Zone, but I rarely fall into them since I got to know the levels so much. Precisely why I made that comparison with Sonic Rush.

Oh, and I erased that spoiler part. I should not have misused the spoiler tag like that.