Shadow and Rush, Opinions and General Bitching

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Shadow actually seems alright, apart from the fact that there's over 200 different "stories".

Seeing Shodow ride a flying suacer over purple goop with a something like an aircraft vulcan gun that's 3 times the length of his body in one hand is way more fun than it sould be.

It also gives reasons why the most badass badnik ever is so badass.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Dimps made Rush.

Dache

Post by Dache »

I downloaded Shadow and I still felt cheated. I think it gave me cancer.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Esrever wrote:Dimps made Rush.
Oh good. Then I can ignore all of PM's hope and stay comfortably on the verge of abandoning the franchise.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

the Shadow game was only a brain fart to make money off of stupid kids.

I only rented it to see how horrible it really was, The only interesting thing was SA2 elements and the Vaccum Egg, but all that new story seemed made up to suck more noobs in, like what you said Classy Bloke.

Theres a Beta Game the Cult or someone MUST research! and that is none other than SONIC RUSH! Im interested to know how its BETA level Music sounded like.

So far we've heard the Leaf Storm Beta music on an early video footage, as well as the early title screen and boss music.

The Beta LeafStorm music was left in the game but a short version, its called "Blaze Appear" look it up on your sound test...I have a gut feeling that "a flicker of hope" was the level music for water palace! Just listen to it on your soundtest!!

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Frieza2000 wrote:
Oh good. Then I can ignore all of PM's hope and stay comfortably on the verge of abandoning the franchise.
The only similarities to the Advance games lie in a few aspects of the level design. It's a different kind of beast altogether.

Also, I think Dimps' last game before Rush was DBZ Budokai 3, which believe it or not is actually an incredibly solid title, so I think they've been drastically improving lately.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Seems the Cult noticed it too!
The video below shows several differences between the final version of Rush and development versions: http://www.sega-europe.com/en/MediaPlay ... __2926.htm - Sonic used the Dash thingy when jumping... You can't do that in the final - The dash gauge fills up all by itself over time... - Level layout different - Music for Leaf Storm is still in the game called "Blaze Appear" but the track is very short compared to the video's version. - Sonic uses his old, better voice rather than the helium fueled 4kids shit. Boss music looked like it would have been indervidual stage by stage, since the boss music for Leaf Storm was originally a slightly altered version of Blaze Appear...
So there was more than meets the eye!...well sorta. I didnt notice all that stuff until NOW!

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Also, I think Dimps' last game before Rush was DBZ Budokai 3, which believe it or not is actually an incredibly solid title, so I think they've been drastically improving lately.
I dunno about Budokai 3... The combo system is very basic and every character plays almost exactly the same, it didn't impress me but then again I only played it for about half an hour.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

It's all about the teleport counter system to me, though the point was more that it was great for a game based on DBZ, it's easily the best attempt anyway.

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

I was alluding to the fact that this is Dimps's achievement, not Sonic Team's. The only part of the game that Sonic Team may have had any involvement in, the story, sounds as gay as ever. So no new hope in the general sense. We'll just get some decent 2d games.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Frieza2000 wrote:
Actually, Sonic Rush is a SONICTEAM and Dimps production. Look at the credits yourself. Also notice it says, "In cooperation with Dimps."

If you are truely confortable with abandoning the franchise, what's stopping you? There's more things than just Sonic. You don't have to aboard the ship if you feel its really sinking. Of course, you are free to ignore my "usual optimism" whenever you desire. That is to be expected. You can continue to stress that my opinion does not matter and there is no hope for Sonic and SEGA and all that bullshit. Associate the Sonic name with misfires like Heroes, Shadow, Shuffle, Labyrinth, Blast, or Schoolhouse if you please. Why? Because otherwise, you'll just be too "sunny honey" to listen to.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

"In cooperation" means, basically, Sonic Team peeked over in Dimp's building every couple of weeks and asked "How's it going?". Once in a while saying "do this" or "don't do that".

And that's about it.

Professor Machenstein

I decided to look over the credits again. It appears SONICTEAM supervised it as Dimps did the programming and etcetera. It is somewhat like SONICTEAM's involvement with Sonic R. I do recall Carol Yas being the course designer for that game. Anywho, Double -S- is right. I'm surprised SONICTEAM knew what they were doing supervising Rush. If their previous games were any indication, it could've been an eXXtreme bob-sleding racer where you roll a dice to get weapons using the touch screen.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Dimps aren’t completely without merit. They were supposedly responsible for the excellent Sonic Pocket Adventure, which I’d personally rate over Sonic 1 & 2 (although, that’s a bit of unfair comparison, as the first 2 Mega Drive Sonic games were innovators for their time, whereas SPA mostly copies what went before it).

^_^

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

If you really want to know, the reason I haven't jumped ship yet (which amounts to me being <i>totally</i> detached to the fate of the series as opposed to the partial detachment I've been nurturing since Heroes) is because, as much as I disagree with it, I admit that your analysis of Sonic Team's recent misadventures isn't completely impossible. So I'm waiting until Sonic Next to decide. If that game doesn't do it for me, I doubt any future games will unless there's a major coup-d'etat within the team. I prefer to think that, anyway. It's easier for me to walk away from something that's conclusively dead than to constantly look over my shoulder to see if it's gotten back up. I realize how stupid it sounds that I need to "abandon" a game rather than just playing the good ones and ignoring the bad, but Sonic's given me nothing but frustration for years and unfinished things weigh heavily on my mind. In any case, I'm going to stop complaining pretty soon. That's always good.

Professor Machenstein

Hmm... I am not sure what to say. I understand your fustration and why you have been nurturing this partial detachment to the series and all. You should really try Sonic Rush though, reguardless who made it. And don't worry about that "power of friendship" nonsense. That's only said in one line of the game, and it's really not as corney as "the REAL SUPER POWER of TEAMWORK" as Heroes emphasized it.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Youre right Prof, I too felt like Frieza until I got Sonic RUSH! Japanese BTW!

Im boycotting American Sonic. Damn You 4KIDS!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

SegaSonic wrote:Im boycotting American Sonic. Damn You 4KIDS!
How many times are you going to repeat that until you realise that nobody gives a fuck?

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

SegaSonic wrote:Youre right Prof, I too felt like Frieza until I got Sonic RUSH! Japanese BTW!

You know SegaSonic, the voice actors actually aren't part of 4KIDS.

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

Oh, I definatly intend to play it. How could I not with all that's been said? If I had a DS, I would've already. And I didn't mean to suggest that Dimps can't make a good game. I meant that Dimps getting better doesn't mean that Sonic Team is getting better.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

OK, I got really pissed at the game at one point. The level 7 boss is the other player character, and it's a fight where, I shit you not - can only be won by tapping the A and B buttons almost faster than humanly possible. I don't think I'll ever play that section of the game again, but I have to if I want to get through Sonic's story. Dammit. That just sucked. They want me to rip apart my DS because they couldn't think of a better boss? I mean, goddamnit, I hope I didn't break the damn thing - I've noticed my top screen slides left and right a little now. I'm just really pissed that such a shitty idea even got put in the game.

Oh, and the last Eggman boss is a bitch. I've tried beating it about 30 times now and it owns me every single damn time.

Also, while the double screens don't add a lot of innovation, they make the bottomless pits a tad fairer - since now you can usually differentiate them from regular dropoffs in the land scape.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Timestones wrote:
SegaSonic wrote:Youre right Prof, I too felt like Frieza until I got Sonic RUSH! Japanese BTW!

Then what are they then? all I know is that 4KIDS has used them on all the shows the destroy, so their voices are boring to hear and annoying. And Ill shut up now, I dont want to bother the Mr.Idontgiveadamns even more.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

None of us give a damn.

You should leave.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Tough crowd.

J.E.Smith

Post by J.E.Smith »

SegaSonic wrote:
Timestones wrote:

Then what are they then? all I know is that 4KIDS has used them on all the shows the destroy, so their voices are boring to hear and annoying. And Ill shut up now, I dont want to bother the Mr.Idontgiveadamns even more.
He's right, the actors don't soley belong to 4KIDS. The reason I know is that 4KIDS lost the rights to the Pokemon anime. Nintendo's own in-house studio, Pokemon USA, will be doing the dubbing of the future episodes starting with the Battle Froniter arc . However, the voices will remain the same, Nintendo will just have them record at a different studio than 4KIDS.

Though to be fair, the only voice in Shadow that I think is better than the original is Tails. Well, I prefer Conner(SA-SA2 voice) the best, but the 4KIDS Tails is better than the Sonic Heroes Tails at least.