So who's going to martyr themselves and buy the Shadow game?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

firemario1001 wrote:
BlazeHedgehog wrote:If anyone has a Gamecube copy of Shadow the Hedgehog they don't want, I'll take it :-D
You going to have a bonfire are something?
No. Curiosity is overtaking me, and considering I only have six Gamecube games at the moment, I'll take just about anything at this point in time.
Zeta wrote:See, I almost wish Jazz could be turned into a 3D game now to specifically show the developers what they did wrong here.

o rly. (That image is from the unreleased leaked alpha of Jazz Jackrabbit 3, which began, and ended production in 1999; it was for the Unreal '99 engine, obviously, and was being created by four members of the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 team. Epic liked the concept, but had trouble finding a publisher)

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:
firemario1001 wrote:
BlazeHedgehog wrote:If anyone has a Gamecube copy of Shadow the Hedgehog they don't want, I'll take it :-D
No. Curiosity is overtaking me, and considering I only have six Gamecube games at the moment, I'll take just about anything at this point in time.
No curiousity or love for Resident Evil 4 or Fire Emblem:PoR?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

To answer my own question, here's what happened to Shadow after SA2.

If you survive as Super Shadow for <i>8 and a half minutes</i>, you'll hear this:

From EGGMAN at 8:30
Shadow... Can you hear me...? This might be the last chance I have to speak with you, so... What I said...about having created you... It was all a lie... Everyone thought you'd died... during that horrible incident.... But I rescued you... With one of my robots... You'd lost your memory thats all. You really are the Ultimate Lifeform my grandfather created!

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Ngangbius wrote:
BlazeHedgehog wrote:
firemario1001 wrote:
No curiousity or love for Resident Evil 4 or Fire Emblem:PoR?
Well, yeah, of course. Maybe not Fire Emblem; played one of the GBA versions awhile ago and it really bored me (strategy RPGs are not my thing). But nobody is going to be so willing to give away a copy of Resident Evil 4 as they would be Shadow the Hedgehog.

Menander

Post by Menander »

This game fills me with a terrible rage. Just like in heroes this game has these little moments that work wonderfully, where it really is fun to beat up a mech, grab its freakishly huge chain gun and rip through gun's finest without mercy, and I can see the game's potential just beyond my grasp. But then I find out I missed one alien and have to go back to the beggining of the entire level. Kinda ruins the experience.

And you know those missions where you have to chase some ship and kill it? I can't beat those. At all. Ever. No matter how many times I shoot the damn president's escape pod it won't blow up. Same with that manta ray alien tank thing. Can everybody else beat those? Am I just missing something?

The plot is pretty entertaining though. I rather enjoyed the ending when I got to beat up Sonic and Shadow went completely evil out of his mind. It's also interesting that we can tell there is an actual sonic game, starring sonic, that's going on just outside Shadow's plot, with the heroes going to the ark and such. But I hate what Robotink has become post heroes. Why can't he ever build anything that actually looks evil anymore? Why is he building theme parks in his spare time? And I hate the whole Egg Pawn series. Bring back the badniks, I say.

I'll buy this game when it costs 20 dollars, but not before.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

CM August wrote:Heh. Angst? In SatAM? Hmm. Well, I do recall Sally often worried about Sonic, which isn't really the same thing... nobody was actually depressed. I remember a couple of sad moments though, which is fine every now and then. Even SA has its sad/poignant scenes.
Um, Sonic cried on more than one occasion, if memory serves.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Once out of joy when he's reunited with Uncle Chuck (I don't think he had seen him in 10 years), and later when his uncle's mind reverted back into a 'bot so they had to leave him behind. There was also an ep set in the past where a 5 year-old Sonic watches Chuck get roboticized. I think they're the only instances where he sheds tears, all involving his surrogate father. None are particularly angsty.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

What a pussy.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Totally. He, like, should've, like, just stood there, like, like a statue or something. That's what cool people do.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I know I would.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Finished the game yesterday. Dreadful game, but I had fun with it. So...they pretty much met my expectations dead on. That's not a compliment because I had very low expectations of this game.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

You had fun with a craptastic game?

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

That's the thing, though. The game's pretty bad, but I find myself having fun with it. I keep saying "Wow, what a piece of crap." but then I come back for more, and I enjoy it. I have no idea why.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Shadow is actually fun to play, you just have to wait 'til it grows on you.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Like crack. Sweet, moreish crack.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I will give it this much; it's more fun to play than Sonic Heroes ever was. For what little that's worth.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Hey, look! What's that in my wallet?

It's $50 that I still have!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Bet you fifty dollars that you won't spend it on Shadow the Hedgehog.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Ha ha! I have news everyone! Shadow made Awful Link of the Day on Something Awful. It's basically a link to the offical site on Sega.com. Anyway, here's what Zack had to say.
Zack wrote:I haven't really cared about Sonic the Hedgehog since I stopped playing my Genesis, but I realize that a lot of people have clung desperately to Sonic through mediocre 3D versions and horrible adventure games. I think those diehards might finally consider relegating Sonic to the past with the hilarious misfire "Shadow the Hedgehog". It's so retarded that if you can't tell it's retarded from watching the trailer then you're retarded. No, if you can't figure that out from a single screenshot then you're retarded.

Shadow was once a part of a secret military project, but he has since lost all memory of his past and he's being pulled in two very different directions. He is allied with no one and desperate to figure out who to trust.

Haha! On the plus side, if you somehow ran out of horrible industrial/metal shit music then I'm sure SHADOW has enough to fill your blackened heart with all the looped guitars you could ever hope for.
Be absolutely sure you watch the trailer and then check out the screenshots where I think you can see SHADOW carjacking someone. I'm not kidding.
I can certainly relate to that second sentence, "I think those diehards might finally consider relegating Sonic to the past." Hell, the Shadow game was so bad that even I am under the impression that the series ended on Knuckles Chaotix (Yeah, I like Chaotix, shut the fuck up).

I'm going to deny the existence of every 3D Sonic game ever made (Yes, even SA1), and pretend the first 3D Sonic game will be Sonic the Hedgehog for the next-gen consoles, just as Mario 64 was for the Super Mario series, or Ocarina of Time was for the Zelda series.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

10 years of shitty Sonic games. Can you believe it?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Anything using Heroes Models is Crap.

Seriously, Shadow wouldve had more apeal if it had another model. The Heroes Model looks all distorted and cartoony.

Now if the SA2 model was used...Well look for yourselves.

Last edited by SegaSonic on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

firemario1001 wrote:10 years of shitty Sonic games. Can you believe it?
NUH UH

We have Chaotix, Sonic & Tails 2, Tails Adventures, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Sonic Advance (Shut up, I like those too, though they do, undeniably, lack the depth and overall charm of the classic games), Sonic Rush, and any Sonic hack you would find on the SWS2B forums (Points to StephanUK's Project Chaos).

PS: Fan-game, shman-game, Sonic hacks rule.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Professor Machenstein wrote:
firemario1001 wrote:10 years of shitty Sonic games. Can you believe it?
NUH UH

We have Chaotix, Sonic & Tails 2, Tails Adventures, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Sonic Advance (Shut up, I like those too, though they do, undeniably, lack the depth and overall charm of the classic games), Sonic Rush, and any Sonic hack you would find on the SWS2B forums (Points to StephanUK's Project Chaos).

PS: Fan-game, shman-game, Sonic hacks rule.
YEAH! CHAOTIX! WOOHOO!!

Last good game was SA2 in my list, the Dreamcast ver because we didnt have all the Shadow Fans backthen. it was until SA2:Battle came to Nintendo Gamecube (arguably the console mainly for kids) that the Shadow fandom boomed.

Sonic Hacks! any new Hax around?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

For awhile I thought I might at least rent Shadow. I don't normally rent games becaues I play through them so slowly and sporadically, but now that Blockbuster has no late fees, I figured I could have it for a couple of weeks.

But even as of today, there isn't a single place in town renting copies of this game. Weird!

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

God, I hate Chaotix. They should of make real 32x Sonic game instead. The levels were just one half pipe after another, with random shaded polygons for graphics. Only good level was BB, it looked like something right out of Sonic CD.