So who's going to martyr themselves and buy the Shadow game?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The T

Post by The T »

I always kind of assumed he hit the atmosphere and survived. And the amount of damage done to him from that would have given him amnesia.

But then, what about the Shadow clones in Heroes. Is he one of them?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

On the neutral path, yes.

The T

Post by The T »

So some of the storylines directly contradict each other like that?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

That's what <i>Shadow</i> decided, but we don't know. We've seen 2 endings so far, and in both of them Shadow gathers all 7 emeralds around him and walks off screen. That seems to suggest that the casual time travel rumors are true, which means all the endings actually happen.

The T

Post by The T »

I wonder if I should get the games just to see the endings.

I don't know. I just played Heroes again and didn't hate it. Maybe my tastes are loosening up enough that I won't care.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

I'm thinking about it....first of all I'd like to know the difference between the GCN and PS2 versions. I don't wanna be stuck with shitty english va's. >>

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

If you just want to see the cinema scenes, those'll no doubt be posted here in torrents within a week or so. User: GHZ Pass: sarcasm

Zaranth

Post by Zaranth »

Ngangbius wrote:But aren't there any other games that interest you? There are games beyond the Sonic franchise--better games--games that are worthy of Game of the Year.

I mean why settle for coal when you can have a diamond?
of course i like other franchises (Starfox and Harvest Moon, for example). the point i was making was that i seem to have lower standards (at least when compared to other people). again, for all i know, i'll like the game and wonder what everyone's bitching about. or i'll agree or i'll just forget it ever existed.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Hey, you know TeamXBOX, that site that gave Shadow the Hedgehog platformer of E3 2005.

Well...

WAH HA HA! Shadow's going to Hell. Even the only source that gave the game a pity award hates Shadow. Although I do owe the black hedgie for taking the blow instead of Sonic. I pray to Jesus, Allah, Budda, Confucius, and NiGHTS that this will teach SEGA to stop fucking with their legendary properties.

WHAT?! It worked with Virtua Quest. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting a Virtua Fighter 5.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

...If there was a God, she wouldn't have allowed Shadow the Hedgehog to exist in the first place.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

But what kind of God wouldn't allow free will?

& LOL @ "SHE" BECAUSE GOD IS A SPIRITUAL BEING AND THEREFORE DOESN'T HAVE A PENIS NOR A VAGINA

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

If anyone has a Gamecube copy of Shadow the Hedgehog they don't want, I'll take it :-D

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

This discussion isn't nearly as humorous as I pictured it being back in March.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

How humorous do you want it? do you want an advertisement for an Eggman instant omelette?

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:If anyone has a Gamecube copy of Shadow the Hedgehog they don't want, I'll take it :-D
You going to have a bonfire are something?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

You know, there are so many things wrong with this game, I don't know where to begin. But the gameplay COULD have been decent. Even if the atmosphere wasn't.

Because having a Sonic-styled game with guns isn't TOTALLY insane. I mean, Gamma's portions of the game in SA1 were downright decent since they focused so much on speed and that little eggbot could motor. Eggman and Tails' stages on the other hand, were a total snoozefest.

Plus, there was a whole other videogame franchise whose entire being was just "Sonic with guns" and it was pretty decent - anyone remember Jazz Jackrabbit?

See, I almost wish Jazz could be turned into a 3D game now to specifically show the developers what they did wrong here. First of all, adorable furries and angst never mix. See ArchieSonic issues #60 to current date for more examples. Or even SatAM. Realistic guns? Stupid. If they had gone the way of space-age, more cartoony guns that would've fit the design more - like Ratchet and Clank or Jazz or Fur Fighters - seeing a fuzzy animal wielding powerful firearms wouldn't be such a non-siquitur. Or even if they didn't take the scenario so damn seriously like Fur Fighters or Conker - it could've been downright funny.

Secondly, they need to get rid of the goddamned bottomless pits.

Third, a lockon system would be nice, you fucking idiots. Actually, I think the lockon system from the Devil May Cry series would work best here.

Bring back the funny gun-toting bunny to kill the bitchy gun-toting hedgehog.

That is all.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Zeta wrote:First of all, adorable furries and angst never mix. See ArchieSonic issues #60 to current date for more examples.
Monkey Khan? He wasn't angsty until they messed him up in issue #92. Even then, Sonic's allusion to Star Trek II took away any sincere seriousness.

I too found the use of real guns bizarre. It's been pointed out before that even a simple handgun is the half the size of his body. Wouldn't it have been enough to have just given him some cool chaos powerz?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Gamespot finally reviewed this game:

4.8--BOMBA

The high scores the Sonic fans are giving it proves that Sonic Team doesn't need to really care about actually fixing the series since their crazy, loyal fans will accept Naka's actual fecal matter as long the Sonic(or characters related to him) name is attact to it.

And the people passing over Fire Emblem: Path of Radience, Shadow of the Colossus, Psychonauts, Resident Evil 4, Dragon Quest VIII, or even Sonic Rush. *shakes head sadly*

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Hehe, sadly I haven't played any of those, and Psychonauts is the only one I really have any intention of playing. I'd pick up Colossus if I had a PS2 or RE4 if I wasn't such a wuss.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Ngangbius wrote:Gamespot finally reviewed this game:

4.8--BOMBA

The high scores the Sonic fans are giving it proves that Sonic Team doesn't need to really care about actually fixing the series since their crazy, loyal fans will accept Naka's actual fecal matter as long the Sonic(or characters related to him) name is attact to it.
Wow. Gamespot gives it a 5, while players give it a 9. I don't think I've ever seen such a difference between published and fan review scores.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

That's how most games on Gamespot are.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well to be fair there are some people in the reader reviews who are giving the game mediocre scores like 6's or 5's. But you can easily tell who are the blind fanchildren there. XD

CM August

Post by CM August »

Zeta wrote:First of all, adorable furries and angst never mix. See ArchieSonic issues #60 to current date for more examples. Or even SatAM.
Heh. Angst? In SatAM? Hmm. Well, I do recall Sally often worried about Sonic, which isn't really the same thing... nobody was actually depressed. I remember a couple of sad moments though, which is fine every now and then. Even SA has its sad/poignant scenes.

I'm amazed the reader reviews give Shadow such high scores. Blind loyalty, I know, but come on! Isn't there a limit?

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

I'm not going to buy it.