Kingdom Hearts 2 = Fandom Wank of the Year

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Kingdom Hearts 2 = Fandom Wank of the Year

Post by Ngangbius »

Okay so some of you may have remembered seeing previews of Pirates of the Carribean, Lion King, Mulan, and Steamboat Willie worlds for Kingdom Hearts 2. Well now Disney and Squeenix decided to take it up a notch which I didn't see coming:

Tron

I think this game could very well out fan wank Namco X Capcom.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Cool! This just keeps getting better and better!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Words escape me.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I admit I never got around to seeing this film, but now I better just so I get the main gist of it.
~Neo

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that in a video rental store or someplace. But what should really be included is a Song of the South level; that or Mary Poppins.

And is that Merlin I spy near the bottom of that page? Can we look forward to seeing the Fox and the Hound, too?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

The most exciting thing in that scan is the Children of Mana logo on the top corner.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I'm really digging Yuffie's new costume.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Senbei wrote:Song of the South level
YES. I would buy the game PURELY to perpetuate the wank <i>that</i> would generate.
Senbei wrote:And is that Merlin I spy near the bottom of that page?
He was in the first one.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 = Fandom Wank of the Year

Post by Ritz »

Ngangbius wrote:Okay so some of you may have remembered seeing previews of Pirates of the Carribean, Lion King, Mulan, and Steamboat Willie worlds for Kingdom Hearts 2. Well now Disney and Squeenix decided to take it up a notch which I didn't see coming:

Tron

I think this game could very well out fan wank Namco X Capcom.
Seeing as how you used "Tron" and "Capcom" in the same post, I had assumed you were referring to Tron Bonne of Megaman Legends.

I am very, very sad now.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Senbei wrote:Oh yeah, I remember seeing that in a video rental store or someplace. But what should really be included is a Song of the South level; that or Mary Poppins.
Too bad Song of the South is banned from US shores.

Unsurprisingly, people who hated the first KH and/or had zero interest in this sequel are now planning on getting KH2 because of this news.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Okay, Tron is actually a very cool world if you think about it.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I thought they were finally supposed to release Song of the South on DVD with padded introductions by some contemporary black celebrity to put it into historical context? I was told by a friend of mine a while back that Disney actually had plans to do this for a number of previously banned animated shorts from the 30's and 40's, apparently even those from other studios. I hope these weren't just rumors?

By the way, Tron sucks.

And Kingdom Hearts sucks.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Cloud-ripoff vs. Brer Fox + Uncle Remus narration = hilarity.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

By the way, Tron sucks.
That deserves a fuck you.

I have just decided that KHII will be the best videogame ever.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Mind over matter.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Didn't Tron inspire Reboot?

If so, it's earned my respect.

This is weird, though - how KHI basically had one non-traditional Disney animated stage (Halloweentown) while the sequel is going to have four and only two Disney cartoon movie stages that we know of.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Halloweentown being the most popular stage might have something to do with that. I think a lot more of the older kids played the game than they anticipated.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

This might be old news, but Halloweentown will make a return in KH2. This time, following the events from the movie (the whole Santa kidnaping thing and stuff).

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

That was one of the first bits of information released about KH2.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

This might be old news, but Halloweentown will make a return in KH2. This time, following the events from the movie (the whole Santa kidnaping thing and stuff)
Really? I had heard it was just Christmastown with Jack.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

I'm too lazy to make a new KH2 thread, but just in case anyone was interested, the theme of the game has been leaked:

<a href="http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=277I ... C0F">Utada Hikaru - Passion</a>

It's pretty different from Hikari/Simple and Clean, but I guess that reflects the shift in mood from the original KH. Like all of her recent songs, it's pretty weird, but it grows on you. Well... I like it at least, but then again, I'm kinda biased on this subject.

...Oh yeah, almost forgot:
It's like a reunion of characters from 8 and 9 that I never really cared about.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

I'll take Vivi over the other FF characters we've seen so far.

I see Neo has already found out about the good news. =D

Also, I'm not sure what to think of Passion. I mean I kind of like it but it seems so...I don't know, unexpected. Maybe I just need to listen to it more. I guess we can expect an English version of the song sometime in the future also.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I thought they were finally supposed to release Song of the South on DVD with padded introductions by some contemporary black celebrity to put it into historical context? I was told by a friend of mine a while back that Disney actually had plans to do this for a number of previously banned animated shorts from the 30's and 40's, apparently even those from other studios. I hope these weren't just rumors?

By the way, Tron sucks.

And Kingdom Hearts sucks.
That is like saying old movies suck just because they don’t look so great as they did in they time. And yeah the makers of Tron really wanted to do something like Reboot, but technology wasn’t very advanced back then^_-.

But a level based on Tron..yeah that sucks.

Got songs of wario ware by any chance?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Actually, I think it's more like saying that movies that used to suck still suck, and will continue to suck on into eternity.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I'll take Vivi over the other FF characters we've seen so far.

I see Neo has already found out about the good news. =D
Yea, heard about Vivi 2 days ago. Let me just say, my reaction towards Vivi being in KH2 when I first heard it...well, I fangirl'ed. Yes, I fangirl'ed as much as I hate to say it. As in shouting stuff like "OH...MY...GOD!" mulitple times and basically praising Tetsuya Nomura like he was some sort of God. I mean, I couldn't believe it, honest to God couldn't believe it half the time. With all the waves of Nomura based characters and the game so close to it's Japanese release date, I thought that was it, then BAM! Nomura pulls Vivi out of his arse and left me stunned.

I'm relatively calm now, but still, it's Vivi.

This is what I have been BEGGING for since KH2 was still nothing but rumors, during when the first KH was still new. God only knows how many times I cried, shouted, whined, yelled, monkey'd for Vivi wherever my voice could be hear in this here internet. The other stuff in KH2 are awesome, but it was Vivi, nothing but Vivi I wanted, so I got my wish, now I can die happy. Story of my life...
Also, I'm not sure what to think of Passion. I mean I kind of like it but it seems so...I don't know, unexpected. Maybe I just need to listen to it more. I guess we can expect an English version of the song sometime in the future also.
I had to listen to the song maybe about three times before I decided, in general, I like it. It doesn't have that emotional feel that Simple and Clean had, but I mostly like Passion for it's unique, weird, surreal, and somewhat creepy tone.
~Neo