Shadow of the Colossus

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Well, I know I'm colossi in MY own unique area!

Dache

Post by Dache »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

"Colossi" is PLURAL GODDAMMIT

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

FUCKING WITH YOOOOOOOOOOO

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Dache wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

"Colossi" is PLURAL GODDAMMIT
Welcome to my world.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Esrever wrote:FUCKING WITH YOOOOOOOOOOO
Well, it worked.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

...anyhow, in a semi-related piece of news ICO's getting a re-release(in Europe anyway).

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Why? Europe already got the version of ICO with the original Chirico-esque cover art and all the bonus features. We're the ones who got cheated with Suikoden-caliber American cover art and a lightsaber-less game.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I figured I might as well revive this topic rather than start a new one but they've confirmed the extras in the European PAL version of Shadow of the Colossus now.
Shadow's PAL packaging will adopt a similar approach to the limited edition ICO pack of several years ago, shipping with a postcard set featuring still images of iconic scenes from the game.

What's more, there'll also be some extra content on the disc - interviews with creative directors Fumito Ueda and Kenji Kaido, unseen concept sketches and in-game stills, and the original trailer for ICO. Which you all totally have to buy this time okay?

The official site will also run a competition asking people to design their own colossus, with the winner hand-chosen by Ueda and in for a "once in a lifetime trip for two to a surprise destination".

On top of all that, SCEUK is going to be doing nationwide promos using building projection tech so that people can play Shadow on 16-metre-wide projection.
Nice to see they're doing something to make up for the later release!

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

hooray for postcards and interviews

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

The damn game's expected in at 40 squid on it's release though, but I need a new game to play before the new Zelda game comes out.

Egore

Post by Egore »

I got Shadow of the Colossus on Christmas and only have just now got around to playing it. I think I'm on the 10th or 11th Colossus. This truly is a fantastic game, just the way it tears at your heart strings. Has anyone else felt bad after killing the first few Colossi? They would just wander around an open plain, and there you go to slay them. And while you clinging to one, all it did was try to shake you off; it didn't even try to attack. I've never had a game make me feel like this before. I felt like I was killing a majestic, innocent creature. I think that's why Shadow of the Colossus is so brilliant.

At the point I'm at now, I'm don't feel the same though. I don't know whether it's that I have grown numb, or that the Colossi have begun attacking, and so I feel the need to kill them to survive.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Egore wrote:I got Shadow of the Colossus on Christmas and only have just now got around to playing it. I think I'm on the 10th or 11th Colossus. This truly is a fantastic game, just the way it tears at your heart strings. Has anyone else felt bad after killing the first few Colossi?
Fuck no. The first one knocked me off of a cliff before I could even get my sword out.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Omni Hunter wrote:The damn game's expected in at 40 squid on it's release though, but I need a new game to play before the new Zelda game comes out.
Squid=Quid? Dorset and Scotland are pretty far apart, so that would account for any difference...unless you just mistyped.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

No, I use squid for currency, or jellyfish, 100 jellyfish to a squid.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

And five squid to a scuba diver.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Shit, 4000 jellyfish for a freaking video game?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Gaz wrote:The official site will also run a competition asking people to design their own colossus, with the winner hand-chosen by Ueda and in for a "once in a lifetime trip for two to a surprise destination".
The surprise location: Ueda's cock.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I heard that they pit you against the colossus you created!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I can't beleieve the fuckers been delayed [i[again[/i] over here. I wish the UK would actually get agood game on the first release date for once.