Kuwabara and stuff.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Kuwabara and stuff.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

So, last night there was a storm in the city/town I live. During it, some lightning hit the power source of the house and we had no energy for 2 hours. Until then, everything was ok, except for some roof damage. But then, some hours later, I tried to play my gamecube, just to see it wasn't turning on. A few tries and experimentations later, I got to the following conclusion: the videogame was freaking fried.

I already sent it to repairs, and, in the worst possibility, I'll have to buy another one. Sure, the Revolution runs GC games, but I'm not very interested in waiting 1-2 years to buy one just to play Shadow and Megaman X Collection (and, if it interests me enough, the new Zelda).

So the whole point of this topic is...no, I'm not pissed because of a frickin' videogame (not anymore, at least), so I guess this is the moment I ask you if anyone here has already gone trough this kind of thing.

By the way, does anyone here have music mp3 files of "Death Egg Hangar" and "North Wind" from Sonic the Fighters and feel like sharing them? Thanks in advance.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Don't you mean the console was fried?

And I'm going to assume you had the GameCube hooked up to either no surge protector, or a crappy surge protector, or something. But having electronic devices get fried during a lightning strike is nothing new to humanity. Sucks, but there's nothing you can do now.

Anyways, didn't Nintendo release the retail price requirements on the GameCube? So you should be able to find some really cheap somewhere if you really want to play... Shadow the Hedgehog.

Brazillian Cara

Yeah, It was straight on the plug. I live next to Pagaguay, so it MIGHT be easy to find it...and yes, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Looshi

Post by Looshi »

I had that happen to me, but it was actually just the powercord that fried and not the system itself.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Generally if there's a storm nearby I turn off my consoles in-case this happens.

Brazillian Cara

Yeah, I'll start doing that too... now, seriously, does anyone have those music files?

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Brazillian Cara

Thanks, but I'm not willing to pay $7 per month just to get two musics- and maybe more, but that's not the point. Specially due to the fact I don't even live in the U.S.

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Um, I'm pretty sure that having a gamespy account (no subscription needed) is free as long as you only want to use the public servers. I haven't paid a dime plus I'm a swede, thereby disproving both your points. Yay!

But seriously. Go Here. Register. Conglaturation! You now have a Gamespy account. For Free!!

Brazillian Cara

...ok, I'll try.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Re: Kuwabara and stuff.

Post by Squirrelknight »

Brazillian Cara wrote: I already sent it to repairs, and, in the worst possibility, I'll have to buy another one. Sure, the Revolution runs GC games, but I'm not very interested in waiting 1-2 years to buy one just to play Shadow and Megaman X Collection (and, if it interests me enough, the new Zelda).
... You're interested in picking up Shadow the fuckin' Hedgehog and a collection of old Megaman X games, but you're not sure about the new Zelda?

Riiiiight.

Anyway, Gamecubes are cheap now anyway. It's not a big deal. A used Gamecube should cost you less than a Game Boy Advance SP.

Brazillian Cara

Anyway, time for a major change of topic ('cause I don't feel like starting a new thread just because of my remaining internet amateurism). Does anyone knows a good text hosting site that isn't directly related to fanfictions? You know, something like photobucket... only with Word files.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

... Geocities.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Brazillian Cara wrote:Does anyone knows a good text hosting site
The internet.