How to stimulate a woman, Gunstar stlye.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Silv, I dont suppose you could email me a few of the tracks if you ever get the time?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I want that Seven Force theme.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

The belts bother me the most. There's a fine line between clever and stupid. Using something like a belt to showcase the amount of darkness the person has as a character is rather stupid. Why not use watches instead?

Picture it. Lulu can walk around with a dress made out of swatches. Leon/Squall can check the time with his jet black pocketwatch as he broods. Cloud can finally balance out his unusual shoulderpad with something equally out of place: A stopwatch!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I think brooms are darker. Now, how to add brooms in the costumes?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Obviously, feature it as a weapon.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Umbrellas are better.
~Neo

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Why thank you Mr. Tsui. =)

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Of course! BROOM EARRINGS!!!

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

<3 @ Tsui

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

So, Gunstar Super Heroes is out in the US. Has anyone here besides me bought it yet? I find it equally as enjoyable as the original; yes, even through you cannot fuse weapons or throw enemies, you get so much more in exchange.

You are equipped with three different weapons which you can select with the L Button. Each of your three weapons has a Supercharge Gauge which you can charge up by killing a lot of enemies. You can fire your Supercharge when the gauge flashes. Doing so will result in unleashing a powerful blast that kills enemies much more efficiently than normal weapons. Depending on the weapon you charged up, you will get a different Supercharge. For instance, when using Homing-Force, your Supercharge will become a gigantic fireball of doom that will home into any enemy on the screen. Be sure to try it out. Oh, and for close range combat, you are equipped with a laser sword that you can use by tapping B. You can also uppercut, drop-kick and slide-kick. I'm sure you'll like the new combat system. It really gives you the feeling that this is a new take on an old favorite, as opposed to just another rehash.

While there is no cooperative two-player mode, this game provides a spectacular single-player mode with only the story in mind. You get to learn the origins of the four Treasure Gems, why Green joined the Empire and how he survived (Yes, he's alive), and the reason the Empire is trying to awaken Golden Silver. Interesting enough, some of the stages have references of old SEGA games such as AfterBurner or Flicky. Oh, and just in case you're playing Normal Mode and you feel you are having deja vu, the story changes depending on the difficulty and character you select. If you select Normal Mode, the story flows just as the original Gunster Heroes. But select Hard Mode and things start to get really, really bizarre. Be sure to add Gunstar Super Heroes to your collection. Play it on GameBoy Player for maximum results.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

No throwing... that was half the fun.

No two player... that was the other half.

Seriously, who gives a what about the story?

Professor Machenstein

Just play it. The new combat system is equally as orgasmic. You might not believe me now, but once you experience the feel of it, you won't miss throwing enemies so much. It's hard to describe. I like this new take. I never played Gunstar Heroes with two-player mode, so it wasn't really a huge loss to me, seeing how engaging the single-player mode is in Super Heroes. Honestly, could you imagine how awkward those rotating ship stages would be in two-player mode?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Double-S- wrote:No throwing... that was half the fun.

No two player... that was the other half.
Looks like a PASS to me.

Professor Machenstein

*Holds cross*

FUN ENJOYMENT AND HAPPINESS SHALL POSSESS THEE AND CONSUMETH THINE DEMON WITHIN

CE

Post by CE »

I'm with Tsui. Besides, I'm disappointed that Treasure has decided to start making sequels and I'd like to show that. Treasure used to know how to make new games that were even more awesome then a sequel could ever be.

Professor Machenstein

I'm not going to continue lecturing you all as to how splendid the game really is. Just look at some gameplay videos, read some reviews, or get it off GameFly and decide the purchase for yourself since you're so cautious of this new take.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Professor Machenstein wrote:I'm not going to continue lecturing you all as to how splendid the game really is.
I'll pick up the slack, here.
Ritz wrote:First off, I was a bit dissapointed by the fact that this game is a remake and not a sequel. I wouldn't know if this is common knowledge by now, as I haven't been paying much attention to the game.
Gunstar Super Heroes is a sequel. That is, its story is a continuation of that of the first game, taking place many generations later. It just so happens that the "history repeats itself" device is used to the extent that all the characters and scenarios closely resemble those of the first game. Maegawa said that one of the team's biggest goals was to please fans of the original, so I guess you can chalk it up to gratuitous fan service. I'm not complaining, though.
Also, a great deal of stuff was left out. Smash Daisaku, for example, only appears once during the actual game; During the train scene in the mines.
Not quite. In addition to the train in Moon 3, Daisaku puts in appearances in Moon 4 (his most substantial appearance, where you battle him in his office and in the background is that famous painting of Napoleon on the horse, with Napoleon replaced by Daisaku--pretty hilarious) and Moon 5 (where he doesn't say or do much except excuse himself when he finds himself in danger).
And while I haven't finished the game yet, I've been told that Green whores the Seven Forces again instead of busting out his totally sweet ninja moves. Lame. I mean, yeah, the Forces are some of the coolest bosses ever, but you can only do so much with them before they get stale.
It's true that Green calls upon Seven Force again the second time you fight him, but the forms all behave entirely differently from how they did in the first Seven Force battle, so it hardly seems stale. Green's sweet ninja moves are intact in the form of a slide kick and throwing kunai/shuriken/whatever in between Seven Force forms.
Also, I've heard that the ending has been cut. No idea how this'll work out, especially since the game seems to have a much more elaborate story this time around.
The game has six paths (two characters with three difficulty settings), and each path has its own dialogue, plot twists, and ending. (Red's Normal dialogue consists of the villains making vague allusions to the Megalith, Blue's Normal dialogue focuses on the characters' motivations, etc.) Naturally, you'll need to complete the game on Hard to get the real story.
Professor Machenstein wrote:You get to learn the origins of the four Treasure Gems, why Green joined the Empire and how he survived (Yes, he's alive)
It's not the same Green from the first game.
Double-S- wrote:No two player... that was the other half.
If they'd have included multiplayer, it would have compromised the technical quality of the game. They chose to leave it out so they could squeeze every last drop of power out of the GBA. Sounds like a cop-out, maybe, but once I played the game, it was totally justified in my mind. This game does things a GBA game should not be able to do. Treasure has pushed the handheld's limits just like how it pushed the limits of the Genesis with GH, Dynamite Headdy, and Alien Soldier.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Maybe I'm just not playing Gunstar Super Heroes right, because it seems pretty generic to me so far.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Kishi wrote:Gunstar Super Heroes is a sequel. That is, its story is a continuation of that of the first game, taking place many generations later.
Yeah, I noticed that not too long ago. But really, can you blame me? Almost everything was exactly the same, save a few plot twists, and all of the dialogue was in Japanese.

Anyway, yeah, whoops. :(