How to stimulate a woman, Gunstar stlye.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

I just cannot take this thing seriously when there is a picture of bambi and Donal Duck right next to some ominous cloaked figure of death.

And the hair. The fucking hair.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

^Well that's Nomura for you.

And the only sequels I'm look forward to are Grandia III, Dragon Quest VIII, Fire Embelm: Path of Radiance, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario and Luigi II: Partners in Time, and I guess Kingdom Hearts II(screw you, haters XD)--though it is on the lower priority end compared other sequels mentioned.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I really, really, really fucking hate Kingdom Hearts and even moreso its inexplicable popularity. How is the fact that the Lion King is an excellent movie supposed to make its appearance in the sequel to a shitty videogame appealing? God damn it. The difference between a dog and a fanboy is that a dog learns not to stick its nose in an anthill after the first time.

On a lighter note, I am kind of looking forward to Zettai Zetsumei 2.
I haven't even played Kingdom Hearts.

But I like The Lion King enough to play through KHII at least once, considering that at the very least several people I know will be picking up the game.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The span of ignorance in this forum is so vast it echoes.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I know several people picking up Madden 2006. Guess I should go get it. Oh wait.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Green Gibbon! wrote:The span of ignorance in this forum is so vast it echoes.
I guess we're all humans.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I, too am looking forward to KHII (even with the lack of Vivi), as well as Zelda: TP, the next Jak game, We Love Katamari (which is already out, but I need to get it), and I guess Crash Bandicoot, although nowadays, I approach his games with caution and a 10 foot pole.
~Neo

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Green Gibbon! wrote:The span of ignorance in this forum is so vast it echoes.
It must be hard being so much better than everyone else.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I am cautious about Kingdom Hearts 2. I didn't like the original Kingdom Hearts, and, because this is from Square Enix (who hasn't made a great game in a long while), the sequel is probably not going to be good either. However, I will probably end up playing it anyway, except I'll borrow it from a friend (who I know will buy it).

As for upcoming sequels, I really like how Suikoden V looks, because I think it looks pretty. My only complaint that I've seen from the trailer is the top-down camera angle that is seen while the hero is running around; I mean, it's in 3D, so they should take advantage of the camera for some cool camera angles, or at least be given the option to be able to see things up close.

I can't seem to get excited about anything else, though. Grandia III looks like it's going to take itself too seriously judging from the trailers, and Lunar: Dragon Song doesn't look very hot either; I've also played Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and while I thought that was a solid game, I don't think I'm going to check out the sequel; I think once was enough for me.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I really, really, really fucking hate Kingdom Hearts and even moreso its inexplicable popularity. How is the fact that the Lion King is an excellent movie supposed to make its appearance in the sequel to a shitty videogame appealing? God damn it. The difference between a dog and a fanboy is that a dog learns not to stick its nose in an anthill after the first time.
This post made me laugh out loud at the internet.

I also don't understand the appeal in Kingdom Hearts. I actually tried to play it and was bored within thirty minutes, and stuck it out for another hour before I stopped. The real-time battle system is terrible, and the lack of control over your supporting characters is confounding. Why are they even there?

I like the classic Disney movies as much as anyone else (the current Disney is dead to me), but having The Lion King show up in Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't going to make me try the game. Hey, I stayed the hell away from The Lion King 2 and 1/2 and whatever other horrible sequels/spinoffs they made.

Damn Disney.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Double-S- wrote:I know several people picking up Madden 2006. Guess I should go get it. Oh wait.
k

What I meant for my post to imply was that I'm not going to have to pay any money to play the game.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

ASSMAN U R NOT HARDXXXCORE

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Delphine wrote:ASSMAN U R NOT HARDXXXCORE
OH NOSE!

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

On KH:
I liked the game, but when I tried to play it again, I found it had absolutly zero replay value for me. It was so bland, I had a hard time getting out of the first stage. Yet, I'd still like to play the sequel. I'm not really sure why I like the game, but I have a feeling that it has something to do with the fact that nearly every game series I had been enjoying at the time of KH's release had killed themselves with stupidity. It's like comparing quality crap with honest to God tripe.

On the other hand, I wish they'd release Saiken Densetsu 3 for the GBA or something.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

If you can't see the sarcasm, you lose the GHZ

Post by Frieza2000 »

The idea is that the award winning story and characters make it worth sitting through the horrible gameplay. Like Sonic Heroes!

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Green Gibbon! wrote:How is the fact that the Lion King is an excellent movie supposed to make its appearance in the sequel to a shitty videogame appealing? God damn it. The difference between a dog and a fanboy is that a dog learns not to stick its nose in an anthill after the first time.
Oh, I'm still very weary of playing this game (much less the idea of giving Nomura and co. money in general). I'm still pissed about Star Ocean 3 and how it was THE worst RPG I have ever played in my goddamn life, and I don't even care about Final Fantasy XII anymore. But honestly, compared to the horrors of Chain of Memories, this looks like a Godsend. Now that was a repetitive, clunky, poor looking/sounding/playing piece of garbage.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I'd have to agree about Chain of Memories, the only KH game I've played, lacking anything more advanced than a Dreamcast as I do.

Nonetheless, the story, minus the repetative Disney levels, was pretty interesting. Namine was an interesting concept as was Riku's "in the twilight" story.

Honestly, I'd be excited if Axel made a reappearance in KHII. I think he was the best character in the GBA game (or, maybe, the only good one).

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Senbei wrote:Honestly, I'd be excited if Axel made a reappearance in KHII.
He does.

The T

Post by The T »

Senbei wrote:I'd have to agree about Chain of Memories, the only KH game I've played, lacking anything more advanced than a Dreamcast as I do.
But you just implied you had a GBA.

*runs*

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Axel who? For a moment I forgot what the topic at hand was and thought someone was talking about Streets of Rage. Mmm...

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

The T wrote: But you just implied you had a GBA.

*runs*
*chases*
Hardly implied. My GBA is my life. The GBA kicks ass. The GBA owns all other consoles, hands down.
...Spare my life for a gibe.

Axel was one of the black-robed guys in KH:CoM. He was kind of an independent player, neither good nor bad guy, but the puppet master, controlling both sides of the chessboard.
A fully cliche description for a character with a fully cliche name.

Oh, and he had the spikiest hair in the game. Making him automatically the most badass.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

The T wrote:*runs*
Senbei wrote:*chases*
Oh my.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

Who am I to ignore a challenge?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

The same person I would be if I ignored the subtext.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

...?
Over my head. ^^; Subtext of what, running and chasing?