What's the opinion on Nights?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

You know what would be a cool piece of merchandise? A NiGHTs dreamcatcher . . .

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

It's so obvious I wonder if it was made and we just don't know it.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Ngangbius wrote:Sorry, Charlie. But the site doesn't contain the OST to the game. Nice try, though.
Well, they do at least have the remix CD. I know that they used to have the OST, because I remember that's where I got it from. I still have it on my harddrive, if you want me to send it to you. RARed, it's around 50 MB. Depending on your connection, I guess I could send it to you over AIM or something or e-mail it to you if you have a lot of account space.

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by daytonafathead »

I wasn't nessasarily a poor child. I had a genesis, all the sonic games on it, and I even had the Sega Channel (Best invention ever made in the history of time!). But the problem was I had only one tv (other than the one I couldn't have a game system on because it was for watching tv only) and, well...Sega Saturn was out and...my dad didn't get free game stuff anymore since he quit his old job. We could either keep Sega Channel or get the internet. I made a foolish mistake (going off topic, i wonder what would happen if you had a sega channel now and you played it, what would happen? Would you have all the games from the last month they had sega channel or would have all the games or would it just not work anymore?) and picked the internet instead. But considering my dad didn't get free game stuff, i never even played a saturn game and...

I have never played NiGHTS...DO NOT WEEP FOR ME! IT IS POINTLESS! I AM A HOPLESS, LOST CAUSE! I THINK THIS POST MAY TIE IN SADNESS TO THE THREAD ABOUT THE GIRL AND SONIC X.

One more confession: I have never played Sonic CD either.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Dude, you can get Sonic CD for the PC for like 3 bucks. I got two copies of the thing. I dunno where either of them are, but I got two.

So do you guys know of any place to get DC games besides eBay? Cause after reading the last couple of threads I decided I needed to get Rez, Seaman, Ico, Ikaruga, and Ecco.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I've found a lot of DC games at the two pawn shops we have in town.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Really, I'll have to go down to Salt Lake and see what they have. Just driving for 2 miles down State Street you'll see about 10 pawn shops.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

It's odd, I never really had trouble playing NiGHTS with the standard US Saturn gamepad. (I bought an Analog stick anyway, though, just for the hell of it) My fingers hurt just as much after a particularly intense NiGHTS session from the analog stick as they do with the standard pad.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Ive never even tried it with a regular pad. Mine came with the Analog controller.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

If anyone still wants OSTs or game MP3s, you can try IMing me and see if I'll reply or not. I've got the NiGHTS OST, NiGHTS Remix CD, and a Christmas NiGHTS rip with all the tracks from that game... Plus the full vocal versions of the theme song that weren't included with any of the soundtracks. Also the other Sonic Team music compilations (Power Play and such) that have the full version of the a capella (or however you spell it) version of Dreams Dreams.

My MP3 collection is currently approaching 30GB, and is 97% game music.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Light Speed wrote:Ive never even tried it with a regular pad. Mine came with the Analog controller.
Heh. I still had the demo when my generic second controller broke, and my mom bought me a standard Saturn d-pad, and an analog pad, saying that she was going to take one back. Guess which one I chose? :D

I actually got NiGHTS for free because this guy from middle school said that he had another copy somewhere; all I had to do was let him borrow Sonic Jam. (Sadly, said NiGHTS disc is sctratched, and doesn't play the "complete" ending. Ah well.)

aso

Post by aso »

I play Nights with the regular pad all the time. Never have a problem. Well, except for the bosses. I keep getting below 2.0 on those bastards.

I suppose I should sniff out a 3D pad on eBay. They're pretty cheap, from what I've seen.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Most of the bosses are pretty easy, once you figure them out; the only one I never mastered was Gillwing. Fscking dragon thing.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Rez, Seaman, Ico, Ikaruga, and Ecco
You do need all of those games (except maybe Ecco), but the only one you need a Dreamcast for is Seaman.
the only one I never mastered was Gillwing
That's because the only way to get a good score on Gillwing is to Paraloop around all of him at once. I was only able to achieve that, like, twice.

Anon

Post by Anon »

That's because the only way to get a good score on Gillwing is to Paraloop around all of him at once. I was only able to achieve that, like, twice.
For some reason I never got a 2.0 on Clawz... did I miss something?

Segata

Post by Segata »

Green Gibbon! wrote:That's because the only way to get a good score on Gillwing is to Paraloop around all of him at once. I was only able to achieve that, like, twice.
Damn, that's impressive. I'll have to give it a try.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I've attempted to loop around Gillwing before, but it's pretty damn hard.

Usually I just set the boss to Gulpo, because he seems to be the easiest to get a high multiplier on.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
Rez, Seaman, Ico, Ikaruga, and Ecco
You do need all of those games (except maybe Ecco), but the only one you need a Dreamcast for is Seaman.
Yeah, but I don't have a PS2. The only game in my list that comes out on the Cube or Xbox is Ikaruga as far as I know. Correct me if I am wrong.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Segaholic wrote:My MP3 collection is currently approaching 30GB, and is 97% game music
This is where I'd make this a pissing contest if I could even remotely stack up. 11gb here. Of course, not all mine is MP3. I have a very large collection of SPCs and PSFs. (My MP3 folder, which contains everything from MP3s, OGGs, SPCs and PSFs, equates to 8,466 files in 316 folders, it tells me, half of which make up the "megalist", my giant playlist, about 4300 songs big)

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

~10,000 files here. 400+ folders. All MP3s.

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

Personally, i never really understood why everybody loved NiGHTS as much as they say they do. However i do admit it is brilliant for it's dreamy atmosphere. I do love the final level, and the one where the landscape is all dreamy (i forget the name). I could play them forever. The music is lovely too - i still love Dreams, Dreams. Never really got into the A-Life thing though.

I agree a sequel should never happen, but a remake would be nice - as a limited edition set. That would be cool.

aso

Post by aso »

The only boss you people have trouble with is Gillwing? Help me out on Jackal, then... I almost always lose out to this guy. Dodging his cards has proven to be hell for me.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

You have to do like a big triangle paraloop for Gillwing. I did it by accident once, and then was able to repeat it. I love that game.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Seeing as we're comparing our collections, I have 11.4 GB total, composed of 2543 files and 182 folders. A little less than a fourth of it is game music that I never listen to.

Dache

Post by Dache »

18.8 GB. 4,499 files, 194 folders. It used to mostly be game music -- now it's something like 35% game music and the rest is other stuff.