Whatever happened to that Reala fellow?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Whatever happened to that Reala fellow?

Post by The Doc »

Reala, the former head of the Sonic CulT. I was just wondering what happened to him from those sexual harrassment charges. Was he indicted? Convicted? Ass-raped by his cellmate, Bubba? Gotten Bubba's cell number for Zeta?

HA! "Cell" number! I kill me.

I wish.

No, no, seriously. What happened to him?

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

The girl admitted she said she was 18, and the charges were dropped. He doesn't want the site, though, so he just seems to idle in Sonic-Cult's irc channel.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Damn. I kinda hoped he got the chair.

Psychobob2

Post by Psychobob2 »

Plorpus III wrote:The girl admitted she said she was 18, and the charges were dropped. He doesn't want the site, though, so he just seems to idle in Sonic-Cult's irc channel.
Funny, I thought the charge was rape, what diffrence does it make if she was above the legal age?

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

I believe it was "Statutory Rape", sex with a minor.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Statutory Rape is the Fungi of the legal world.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Don't eat the wrong kinds?

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

I would have thought regardless on what the girl claimed her age was, he'd still get in trouble?

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

For fucking? No.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Ah.
The issue of statutory rape may be further complicated by minors who, for whatever reason (early development, use of clothing and makeup, et cetera) appear to be of consenting age, and/or lie about their age, in order to persue sexual relationships with older persons. While it may seem reasonable enough to expect an adult to get to know someone enough to know his or her true age before engaging in sexual activities, the reality is that in a world where anonymous sexual encounters and other indiscretions are commonplace, someone above the age of consent might find himself or herself in violation of statutory rape laws without having knowingly engaged in sex with a minor. Often these cases boil down to the adult's word against the minor's, and which of the two a judge or jury chooses to believe. It is therefore inevitable that, in at least a handful of cases, adults have occasionally been "set up" by minors. To complicate the matter even more, the "adults" in such cases may be only a year or two above the age of consent, and local laws may or may not have provisions for cases in which the "adult" and "minor" are nearly the same age.

In the past, sex involving an adult female and an underage male were often ignored by the law, as many believed that this was not a bad experience for teenage boys. However, in recent years, the situation has changed, and there have now been a number of high profile cases (Mary Kay Letourneau, Debra Lafave, Tammy Imre, Kevin Burke, Pamela Rogers Turner, Matthew Koso) where adult women have been prosecuted for establishing sexual relationships with younger boys.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_rape

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

Of course, the parents of the minor in question could always waive that law in the case of their child. That way, the kid can have sex with legal persons. Normally, this only occurs when an adult and a minor wish to get married.

Watch Law & Order: SVU. You'll learn some shit.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

In the past, sex involving an adult female and an underage male were often ignored by the law, as many believed that this was not a bad experience for teenage boys.
Hee hee.

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

I wouldn't recommend that you take legal advice from a TV show.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

Well, it's not like they make laws up.

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

I figured I'd actually register here to clear some stuff up (and bump this topic in the process, appologies in advance).

Yes PACHUKA/Reala was arrested for having "consentual" sexual relations with a minor, who apparently when and blabbed to her friends/police. He plead not guilty, but the prosecution started to question actual members of the Cult that Pach had any sort of relationship with, and in a plea bargain, changed his plea to guilty. Last I heard he got 5 years in the county jail, but was recently moved to a state prison that does not disclose release dates, so its unclear if this sentence was changed. From what I gathered, the girl lied about her age and pretty muched used him in order to get a case and possibly get a settlement. And I've seen the girl, and she doesnt even look CLOSE to 15. A lot of people question why I got the Cult. Well, the answer to that is that back in December of last year, Pachuka and I made a deal that he would help support the Cult until I could support it myself financially, then he'd hand it over to me. So the deal stayed even after Pach got arrested.

Any other questions?

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Can I get unbanned from the forums? :PB: :PB:

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Sazpaimon wrote:Any other questions?
Can you give me a detailed explanation of the live rig of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez from The Mars Volta?

Sazpaimon

Post by Sazpaimon »

Rlan wrote:Can I get unbanned from the forums? :PB: :PB:
Never
Baba O'Reily wrote:Can you give me a detailed explanation of the live rig of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez from The Mars Volta?
No

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

So... He's still in jail?

Also, apparently you guys delete zero-posters, because I registered an account several years ago, never posted, and one day discovered that my account didn't exist. Since then I've never bothered re-registering, but sometimes I wonder what you guys talk about.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Strange and sinister things. The kind, you might say, that men should never speak of.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

What about women?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Women usually talk about starnge and sinister things, take Delphine for example.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Omni Hunter wrote:Women usually talk about starnge and sinister things, take Delphine for example.
I talk about starnge things all the time.

chriscaffee

I like to look at naked pictures of my mother.

Post by chriscaffee »

That's alright.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Yup.