That didn't last long at all.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

That didn't last long at all.

Post by Zeta »

I always tried to defend Sonic X. Despite the horrible cesspool of suck that is Chris, the series was always the closest to the games compared to Sonic's other animated incarnations. The situations, characters, and storylines would have always been pretty damn true to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 if they had downplayed the human characters and just showed Sonic and Co as always being part of the world as part of some slighly less creepy furry race.

But I don't know what the fuck happened. Today I watched the first episode I had in a while. It featured Chris, of all people, making Sonic rip-offs of Shadow's hover shoes so that he could fight alien sharks that looked like they got lost on the way to Transformers: The Movie. Oh, and Sonic put on the shoes by having his feet shot at.

What the fuck happend? Did the DIC writing staff somehow take over somewhere along the way?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Sonic X is still on the air?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It is.

The "third" season is a very different animal from the first 52 episodes. I think this is what happens when they don't have any games to tie into...

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

So, are the new eps still on Fox, or are they sticking with Toon Disney?

manaleak34

Post by manaleak34 »

It could be good, but it was dubbed by 4kids and 4Kids is pure evil...plain and simple...

The best sonic animated Series in my opinion is the one where Eggman has already taken over the world. (the name of the show is Sonic The Hedgehog if anyone realy cares...but obviously that title's not realy unique)

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Ritz wrote:So, are the new eps still on Fox, or are they sticking with Toon Disney?
It still airs on Fo--er, 4KidsTV. If Sonic X would ever air on another station, then most likely it would air on Cartoon Network than any of the Disney channels--at least in the U.S.

Also the best animated incarnation of Sonic in my opinion is the Sonic CD intro and outro which is concentrated "Sonic-ness" followed by the Sonic OAV and then Sonic X.

And the third season is odd. It's darker than the first 52 episodes and many people consider it better than the first 52 episodes. Also, I think a whole lot of people like Cosmo more than Chris--though Chris isn't really a pain and he's more useful this season.

I usually avoid any show(even shows I liked before they were dubbed) that is attached to 4Kids on the account that I'm nearly sick of Taj Productions voices.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Aww... no one likes AoSTH? I mean, you can't go wrong with a main cast of 5 characters, and that includes the villians.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

Ngangbius wrote:
Ritz wrote:So, are the new eps still on Fox, or are they sticking with Toon Disney?
It still airs on Fo--er, 4KidsTV. If Sonic X would ever air on another station, then most likely it would air on Cartoon Network than any of the Disney channels--at least in the U.S.
From what I've heard, Toon Disney's been running some Sonic X reruns already, in it's Jetix lineup.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

I was JUST about to post that. But from what I gather, it's rather old, so I didn't quite think it was worth the risk.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Sonic X seems to be the only anime I seem to watch nowadays, but from the episodes I've seen of the "third" season, I think it's pretty decent. I can't make a full judgement since it's like only three episodes into the new season, but it does fix a problem the first 52 episodes didn't fix: Chris isn't as friggin' annoying as he's suppose to be.

And surprisingly, for such corny actors, 4kids actually gave Cosmo a decent voice actress. Last time I was convinced of above average voice acting was Tikal.
~Neo

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Ritz wrote:
Ngangbius wrote:
From what I've heard, Toon Disney's been running some Sonic X reruns already, in it's Jetix lineup.
Odd, I haven't seen it listed and advertised on the U.S. version of Jetix. It's true that the show aired on the Jetix block but in the U.K. and other European countries.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I downloaded the whole third season in French (it's weird that they got it first), and it was surprisingly good. Say what you like about the French - they provide much better voice actors than their American counterparts.

I'd say it's better once they gave up their failed effort to leetch off the games.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

Ngangbius wrote:Odd, I haven't seen it listed and advertised on the U.S. version of Jetix. It's true that the show aired on the Jetix block but in the U.K. and other European countries.
Huh, I could have sworn I'd seen a Sonic X commercial on Jetix at one time... Don't quote me on that, though.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Could have been the French Sonic X Jetix commercial you have seen that Solly put up ages ago.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Owen Axel wrote:I downloaded the whole third season in French (it's weird that they got it first), and it was surprisingly good. Say what you like about the French - they provide much better voice actors than their American counterparts.

I'd say it's better once they gave up their failed effort to leetch off the games.
I'm pretty sure Taiwan got them first.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Sonic walking over water in the third “French made/financedâ€￾ season, if you still like the third season after that, just tell me why. I only want the 3 chaotic episodes, just to see if they also screwed the Chaotic.
Last edited by Nova on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

firemario1001 wrote:
Owen Axel wrote:I downloaded the whole third season in French (it's weird that they got it first), and it was surprisingly good. Say what you like about the French - they provide much better voice actors than their American counterparts.

I'm pretty sure Taiwan got them first.
Still pretty weird. I would've expected Japan to have top priority, but I've later been told that the show didn't do as well in Japan as elsewhere. Which is surprising. I'd have thought Sonic would be huge Over There.

EDIT: After Sonic Heroes, I doubt it's possible to screw up the Chaotix. In the show as in the game, they're mainly comic-relief. I dunno. I thought I'd dislike the crew in the show, but they're oddly endearing.

Zaranth

Re: That didn't last long at all.

Post by Zaranth »

Zeta wrote:I always tried to defend Sonic X. Despite the horrible cesspool of suck that is Chris, the series was always the closest to the games compared to Sonic's other animated incarnations.
Sonic X always seemed sorta "blah" to me, but maybe it's because it only loosely followed the games. either that or it was adding more humans to the mix (don't know why, but every video game i ever really liked had little to do with humans; animals were always the main characters. sonic, starfox, godzilla:destroy all monsters melee, etc.).

though i do agree that Chris is the worst human added. he truely is the cesspool of suck, as you put it. if you ask why, i'd say the voice 4kids gave him. if you want more details, then i'd say because he came off as such a little wimp-ass, spoiled pussy. i remember in one of the episodes, there was a fighting tournement that everybody seemed to be in, including Chris. i didn't get to see the part where he fought, but i did see the part where he was talking to sonic about it, saying how bad he felt. he had tricked the opponent or something, because he wanted to see what it felt like to be evil or some bullshit. give me a freaking break. that kid is the definition of lame.

and that he seems to be awfully attached to sonic (remember the episode where they all get sent back to their world? just watch that one for like five minutes). forgive me, but the only groupie i'd ever want sonic to have would be amy.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

(don't know why, but every video game i ever really liked had little to do with humans; animals were always the main characters. sonic, starfox, godzilla:destroy all monsters melee, etc.).
Furry!

Zaranth

Post by Zaranth »

Zeta wrote:
(don't know why, but every video game i ever really liked had little to do with humans; animals were always the main characters. sonic, starfox, godzilla:destroy all monsters melee, etc.).
Furry!
is there a problem with that?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

By the way, I kinda liked the "human-only" parts in the SA2 adaptation (I actually tought it was the best part of the adaptation). In fact, if Sonic X ever did something for the Sonic series, it was giving a reasonable fixing of plotholes (I know there's a lot of those, but the only one I remember now is when it showed how Rouge stealed the Master Emerald and got that blue chaos emerald in the first place).

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Zaranth wrote:is there a problem with that?
ohnos another one!!1

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

WHOADAMN

Psychobob2

Re: That didn't last long at all.

Post by Psychobob2 »

Zaranth wrote:Sonic X always seemed sorta "blah" to me, but maybe it's because it only loosely followed the games.
As opposed to what, Sonic Underground, which followed the games more so?