Shadow:Glyphic Canyon stage video/Level System

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
J.E.Smith

Shadow:Glyphic Canyon stage video/Level System

Post by J.E.Smith »

Bendlin from the DKU forums managed to obatin a camcorder shot video of someone playing the Glyphic Canyon level of the Shadow game. I've uploaded it on Yousendit(Yeah, I know, meaning it'll only last a week and have a limited number of downloads, but I don't want to suck Bendlin's bandwith):

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0C2Q ... WPHD6CHEEO

And also, here's the level select screen:

Sonic Team's pulled a Star Fox 64. Twenty-two stages total, but you only go through six per playthrough. Which path you take depends on you decide to side with(Either Sonic and the gang, Eggman, G.U.N., or the Black Doom gang of demon aliens from Hell. There's also the Netrual path where you don't side with anyone at all). For example, in Glyphic Canyon, you can choose to side with either Black Doom or with Sonic's team. To side with Doom, you have to locate five of these jewel beacon things and activate them. To side with Sonic's team, you have to help either Sonic or someone else(In this case Knuckles) kill a certain number of Doom's aliens. To take the Netural path, you just clear the stage without completing either task.

Also, there's multiple ending, two(Good and Bad) for each side. However, I hear that the true ending is the Netrual path's good ending. The rest are just fanservice(Which may mean Sonic could actually die if you're on Doom or Eggman's side).

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Heh, clever. I saw that. The canyon stage in the footage seems to be a mixture of Windy Valley and Red Mountain. Knuckles talks in the footage too, though his voice sounds neither like his Sonic Adventure voice nor his Sonic X voice. The dialouge was what I expected though.

As for the level design, I could only spot two bottomless-pit deaths, the player only falling in one. I also noticed SONICTEAM added blur motion, which can be easily noticed when Shadow flies off one of those boost ramps.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Or Sonic Team pulled an OutRun.

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

This game also seems to have a bad case of characters not being able to shut the hell up. On the other hand, the voice for Doom's eye is actually a little bit eerie as opposed to just stupid.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

How do they know the neutral is the real ending?

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Characters talking are okay as long as they don't repeat the same phrase over and over... n Sonic Heroes it was bearable because they only muttered different things at different parts of the level.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I'm not impressed. It seems "Sonic the Hedgehog" is my only hope for the series, which is good because a month ago I had pretty much abandoned it.

J.E.Smith

Post by J.E.Smith »

Frieza2000 wrote:How do they know the neutral is the real ending?
I spoke with him, and he said that the Neutral good ending isn't the true ending itself, but it leads into the true ending. He says he gets it from a realible source who's been giving him Sonic info for years, and that he's yet to be wrong of any of it.(He even gave him a Sonic Advance 3 beta ROM). As far as he knows, the Chaos Emeralds are earned throughout the Neutral stages, but he doesn't know if there's Special Stages or if they're earned through the story.

For the other sides, to get the good ending you simply complete your partner's mission.(For example, if you're Eggman, the last mission is appearantly to kill Sonic. If you do so, you get Eggman's good ending)

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

You mean it leads on after there to a 'final ending' bit?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

So there's an 11th ending, or is the neutral path just the only one that involves the emeralds?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

J.E.Smith wrote:Sonic Team's pulled a Star Fox 64.
Best thing I've heard all week.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Gwilym wrote:This game also seems to have a bad case of characters not being able to shut the hell up. On the other hand, the voice for Doom's eye is actually a little bit eerie as opposed to just stupid.
Only if you were terrified of Dr. Claw.

I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME GADGET

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

I'm not scared of Dr. Claw. Much.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I am ever so slightly excited about this game now.

The Egg Hornet

Post by The Egg Hornet »

Thats just weird... WtF is libary anyway???

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

It's where Shadow takes a break from his unethical romp to indulge himself in the works of reknown poets such as Edgar Allen Poe. Also, there's an optional minigame where you and a Harvard professor discuss the wonders of physics in a civil manner.

And if you play your cards right, Shadow impales him with a motorcycle. "The General Equation does NOT equal 5, suckah!"