X-Box 360 out November 22nd US, December 2nd UK.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
PSMad

X-Box 360 out November 22nd US, December 2nd UK.

Post by PSMad »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... 33265.html
In its pre-Tokyo Games Show conference on Thursday afternoon, Microsoft announced that it is shipping the Xbox 360 in North America on Tuesday, November 22, two days before Thanksgiving. The company also said the console is already being manufactured en masse, with "state-of-the-art facilities producing millions of units."

As previously revealed this week, Microsoft will stagger the release of the Xbox 360 by territory. Europe will get the console second on Friday, December 2, while it will hit Japanese store shelves on Saturday, December 10...
Oh, and also being shown off at the TGS for 360:

· (eM)-eNCHANT-arM (FromSoftware Inc.)
· Bomberman -- Act Zero (Hudson Soft Co. Ltd.)
· Call of Duty 2 (Activision Inc.)
· Chromehounds (Sega)
· Dead Rising (Capcom)
· Dynasty Warriors 5 Special (Koei Co. Ltd.)
· Everyparty (Microsoft Game Studios)
· Far East of Eden -- Ziria (Hudson Soft)
· Final Fantasy XI (Square Enix Co. Ltd.)
· Frame City Killer (Namco)
· Gears of War (Microsoft Game Studios)
· Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios)
· Mobile Suit Gundam (tentative title) (Bandai Co. Ltd.)
· Need for Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
· Ninety-Nine Nights (Microsoft Game Studios)
· The Outfit (THQ)
· Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
· Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) · Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
· Rumble Roses XX (tentative title) (Konami)
· Shutoku Battle (tentative title) (Genki Co. Ltd.)
· Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
· Saint’s Row (THQ)
· Test Drive Unlimited (Atari Inc.)
· Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft Entertainment)
· World Air Force (tentative title) (Taito Corp.)
· Wrestle Kingdom (Yuke’s Co. Ltd.)

Now I kow when it's supposed to be out I might go pre-order it and start saving pennies... this is going to be one expensive Christmas

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

You forgot to bold "Chrome Hounds."

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

That one does look kinda neat!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Chromehounds is pretty, but the developer is From Software. In a word: forget it.

I also don't think Resident Evil 5 needed to be highlighted.

Out of that list, the only one I'm kind of curious to hear more about (other than Sonic) is Ninety-Nine Nights. Isn't that the one from Q Entertainment?

Also, what was the final price? I've hardly been paying attention, but I remember hearing something about there being two packages, a pretend kit for something like $300 and the real system for something like $400. Was that right?

And what was with the backward compatability? First they said it wasn't, then they said it was, then didn't they go back on that again and say it wasn't?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Chromehounds is pretty, but the developer is From Software. In a word: forget it.
GIANT ROBOTS

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Just trying to save you some disappointment down the line. I've followed From's candy trails before...

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Green Gibbon! wrote: Also, what was the final price? I've hardly been paying attention, but I remember hearing something about there being two packages, a pretend kit for something like $300 and the real system for something like $400. Was that right?
Pardon the expression, but you're on the money.
Green Gibbon! wrote:And what was with the backward compatibility? First they said it wasn't, then they said it was, then didn't they go back on that again and say it wasn't?
Apparently only the premium system with the 20GB hard drive included will be completely backwards compatible by the use of an Xbox emulator file installed on the hard drive (supposedly the emulator is pre-installed, but that remains unconfirmed). However, specific grade-A Xbox games are also going to be reprogrammed so they contain Xbox 360 code to be allowed to run on both 360 systems. That's what I've heard, anyway.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

So I presume you guys have seen the scans for Metal Gear Solid 4: So Very Tired?

http://kth.cx/view.php?i=MGS401.jpg
http://kth.cx/view.php?i=MGS402.jpg
http://kth.cx/view.php?i=MGS403.jpg

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Is that the Metal Gear MkII I see in most of those pics? Please don't tell me that I not only have to sneak around in a cardboard box to save the world from the threat of nuclear-equipped robots, but also have to hold up people to check if they are carrying sunscreen in MGS4.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Not sure what MGS4 has to do with the Xbox 360.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Kishi wrote:Not sure what MGS4 has to do with the Xbox 360.
I didn't want to start a new thread about it, assuming most people have already seen the pictures, and this is a nextgen topic.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Gamespot has now uploaded a movie demonstrating the various Xbox 360 games shown at the Tokyo Game Show, including the next-gen Sonic the Hedgehog game. I honestly have no idea if this trailer shows new footage of the Sonic game (as it's only possible for me to stream the movie at 56k speed), but I thought it would at least be worth mentioning here.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Nope, no new footage for us.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Chromehounds is pretty
Man, <a href="http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5543">I'll say</a>.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Just trying to save you some disappointment down the line. I've followed From's candy trails before...
It's going to be a long time down the road. I'm going to wait for the first, if not the second price drop before I even get another console. Four-hundred is a bit much right now.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I am super intrigued by MGS4. Although from what I've been reading online, it looks like I am the only person who is excited about playing as Senior Snake.

Of course, I'll never actually play it. Like every other Metal Gear game, I'll be attracted by the storyline and style and setting, but then immediately pushed away as soon as I pick up the controller. Unless, of course, they're planning a RE4-level gameplay overhaul. Otherwise there is no hope for me!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I think Snake Eater was the last one for me.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'll buy it, play it, love it, beat it, then abandon it for two years and come back and beat it again.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Esrever wrote:I am super intrigued by MGS4. Although from what I've been reading online, it looks like I am the only person who is excited about playing as Senior Snake.
No, I'm with you.
Of course, I'll never actually play it. Like every other Metal Gear game, I'll be attracted by the storyline and style and setting, but then immediately pushed away as soon as I pick up the controller. Unless, of course, they're planning a RE4-level gameplay overhaul. Otherwise there is no hope for me!
Kojima has talked about revamping the general gameplay of the series since last year; when MGS3 was coming out, he explained that the reason he didn't change certain aspects was in the interest of keeping MGS1-3 a cohesive trilogy. Now that he's beyond that boundary, he'll allow himself to switch stuff up as he pleases. For example, it's already known that the "top-down, can't see anything ahead of you unless you have radar or use the first-person perspective" camera has been done away with. He's also mentioned that the enemy soldiers may no longer get huge exclamation marks over their heads when they spot you, which is such sacrilege that it's obvious he's serious about making changes.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Is Kojima even still involved? I thought he handed the reigns over to someone else?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

That was a fake-out. Around E3, Kojima Productions was revealed, and to some tremendous canned applause he announced that he's basically in the same position he ever was.

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

Hey, did anyone see that Bomberman Act Zero thing? They've actually done one of those annoying update things involving totally redesigning Bomberman into a new menacing chain-wielding... thing.

EDGY

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It ultimately doesn't matter since even the original Bomberman wasn't interesting. But yes, the design change I disagree with, if only because it was unrecognizeable as Bomberman without the subtitle labeling it as such.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I expect it to totally fail in every way and force Hudson to reverse the change, like when Konami suddenly decided to make Goemon a futuristic anime-styled affair taking in place in Cyber-Edo (or whatever).

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I think Snake Eater was the last one for me.
In one respect I'm with you. I wasn't as bowled over with MGS3 as everyone else was; I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the series was, I think, being worn a bit thin by that point, overlong cut scenes and all. I also didn't think too highly of the new features; the camo stuff was kind of clunky and arbitrary, and the stamina concept would have worked better in a more continuous sort of game envrionment, like a MMORPG. I am still one of the very few who felt that MGS2 was an excellent game, and a tighter, more cohesive experience than its successor.

I have a lot of interest in MGS4, however. I think Kojima is more than capable of kicking the next generation into gear like he did with this one, and I like what little we've heard of the design changes so far. If nothing else, those graphics are incredible.

Of course, none of that excuses the moustache.