Game Gear Games. (Collections)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
LOUD-TREE

Game Gear Games. (Collections)

Post by LOUD-TREE »

You think maybe the Game Gear games would have had more value/meaning to them if Sega would stop whoring them out? I mean, Mega Collection Plus, Sonic Adventure DX, AND Sonic Gems? After getting Sonic Adventure DX and unlocking the GG titles, I find it very redundant that they come out with Plus and Gems to slut up their collections with the same shit. Gems would have been better off with Chaotix, Segasonic Arcade and maybe Sonic Pocket Adventure. Hell, Maybe even Sonic shuffle, just not the same crap that I have no desire to play because i've played it all on another game I own.

I've never even tried Chaotix or Segasonic Arcade before. But now I have to wait for another collection, or even worse, they might not even come out with another collection because of the lack of Sonic titles left.

Your thoughts?

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Emulation is my friend. It should be yours too.

LOUD-TREE

Post by LOUD-TREE »

Dark Crow wrote:Emulation is my friend. It should be yours too.
On a Mac, their ain't an emulator out there for a 32X I'm affraid. I have MacMAME, but I can't find SegaSonic Arcade.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

You'll probably be disappointed when you eventually play Chaotix as the game is definately one of the worst in the series (thankfully you don't have to relate it to the series though).

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Sorry for the double post but I still can't get my Segasonic to work. I open the command prompt, direct it to my mame folder, tell it to open "mame sonic," it then attempts to load the neccassry file and finally tells me that I don't have them even though the Segasonic zip is in my roms folder. Surely some of you can help me!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Did you point MAME to your ROMS folder? That's how it works with Nebula, should be the same.

Mouthfullofjoy

Post by Mouthfullofjoy »

Chaotix was better than sonic 3D blast or sonic R

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Sonic R is miles better than Chaotix: it may be short but it plays quite well and has an entertaining multiplayer. I dunno about Sonic 3D but I heard that that the special stages are excellent on the Saturn version.
Did you point MAME to your ROMS folder? That's how it works with Nebula, should be the same.
Sorry to sound like an idiot, but, how do I do that?

JessicaPadkin

Post by JessicaPadkin »

smiths32 wrote:Sorry for the double post but I still can't get my Segasonic to work. I open the command prompt, direct it to my mame folder, tell it to open "mame sonic," it then attempts to load the neccassry file and finally tells me that I don't have them even though the Segasonic zip is in my roms folder. Surely some of you can help me!
Did you actually read my reply in the other topic? As I said, I'm pretty sure it'll work if you drag the icon for the ROM zip file into the icon for MAME... or forget all that and use MAME32 instead: http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

That doesn't work, I've already tried it, just makes a black screen come up for about a second and then it disappears.