Batman Begins = Awesome

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
chix0rgirl
Awesome Girl

Post by chix0rgirl »

That last scene with Rachel - is the focus "rebuilding Wayne Manor" or "look at my shirt: do you see what I see?"

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Well, I know I'm a bit late on this, but I finally saw it, and yeah, it was a good movie. Bale makes a great Batman, and Murphy is an excellent Scarecrow. Actually, pretty much everyone in that movie was perfectly cast, with the exception of Katie Holmes, but that's ok, cause she has boobs.

The fight scenes were pretty horrible, but the rest of the movie more than makes up for the disorienting action scenes. It's kind of weird for a superhero movie to have it's dramatic scenes be more memorable than it's action scenes, but the story was just so interesting and well executed that I really didn't care that the fight scenes gave me seizures.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I really don't have any complaints. It's the best interpretation of the character I've seen in film or animation.

And if you want to mention plotholes...

If the MASER has the capability to boil water in a several hundred meter sphere that surrounds it, then it would have killed anyone in that sphere by superheating them as well. Including Batman and the main villian. Come to think of it, it would probably have melted the track and destroyed or disabled the train car before it even got going. To make it believable, they should have had it turned off, until it reached the city center.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

But then you wouldn't have popping manholes and SUSPENSE

Grant

Post by Grant »

The doomsday device was completely a MacGuffin and the film basically treated it as such.

Also, I'm hoping the reports that Katie Holmes isn't returning for the sequel are false. Even though a lot of people didn't like her, I still want her back for continuity sake. I hated how the old franchise had really worthless love interests that came and went with the wind, like Vicki Vale and Chase Meridian.

Maybe the Joker could kill Rachel in the first few minutes of the sequel. Then, to complete her character arc, Batman could nearly kill him but remember what Rachel taught him about revenge and stuff.

But she should definitely be back, even just for a cameo.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I thought Goyer was saying how the second movie would deal with Joker, and Batman working with Harvey Dent to bring him to justice, and then the third movie having Harvey Dent's transformation to Two-Face.

I personally don't care if Katie Holmes is back or not, but WB's comment about how they want a "stronger female lead" bugs me. Batman doesn't need a romantic interest, damn it!

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I agree, but if you didn't have her or Catwoman then it'd just be a huge sausage-fest. Of course the best solution would be to make Robin a thirteen-year-old girl like in The Dark Knight Returns.

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

I hear Nolan hates Robin.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Batman needs no one but his left hand.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

At least have Nightwing or Azreal in the later films.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Batman needs no one but his left hand.
And the warm inviting mouth of Tim Drake . . .
At least have Nightwing or Azreal in the later films.
Azreal? The last thing we need is an evil, French version of Batman in a movie.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Between Gordon and Dent, Batman isn't going to need a crime fighting partner. Especially not a cheesy one like Robin.

They do need to keep Katie, though, just to ensure that it's not a sausage fest, like Kishi said. Just keep her as THE FRIEND and she's fine. I can't stress how stupid it would be to have her be this important figure in Bruce's life in Begins and then in the sequel she just disappears. That'd be extremely retarded and cheapens Begins' impact as a result.

For romantic subplots, have Gordon cheat on his wife with Sgt Essen like in Year One; it'd appeal to the Desparate Housewives crowd.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I wouldn't mind Barbra Gordon being brought in, but only as Oracle, not Batgirl.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Yeah well, when you see her in Begins she's a baby.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Amazing Grant wrote:They do need to keep Katie, though, just to ensure that it's not a sausage fest, like Kishi said. Just keep her as THE FRIEND and she's fine. I can't stress how stupid it would be to have her be this important figure in Bruce's life in Begins and then in the sequel she just disappears. That'd be extremely retarded and cheapens Begins' impact as a result.
Not necessarily. As some people have said, the ending of Begins could be interpreted that Katie's character is leaving Gotham, so... Maybe she's gone.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Ok, wait, they're making a sequel?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

1. They're making at least two, from what I've heard.

2. Why wouldn't they?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Well I'm just afraid they'd screw it up is all.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Yeah, I have my doubts about the quality of any potential sequals. I'm sure they will be good, but I don't know if they will be on the same level as Begins in terms of the story.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Double-S- wrote:Yeah well, when you see her in Begins she's a baby.
Except the baby looked like a boy, and is more likely to be Jim Jr., who was his son with his first wife Barbara.
Segaholic2 wrote:Not necessarily. As some people have said, the ending of Begins could be interpreted that Katie's character is leaving Gotham, so... Maybe she's gone.
Throughout the movie, Rachel is all about cleaning up Gotham even before Bruce is about cleaning up Gotham. She's shown to have just as much resolve and willpower as Bruce in terms of her commitment to the city, so for her to just skip town because she discovers Bruce is Batman (which made her respect him more) is not at all plausible.

It would be positively retarded to start another Bondian "here's the girl, but there's no need to care because she's only here for one picture" trend. What the hell would be the point of kicking her out of the damn sequels? Katie Holmes was not bad at all in the movie, nevermind what the He-Man Woman's Haters Club says. If anything, it's a backlash to the TomKat bullshit, but her actual performance was fine. The character did serve a purpose besides being The Girl, as I said, and she wasn't even really a love interest. She was just very plainly his friend.

To have Rachel be this important figure in Bruce's transformation into Batman and then just, POOF, disappear like she was meaningless cheapens any effect she might've had.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Hey, do not diss James Bond for loving and dumping. If he can get away with it, more power to him.