Chocobos can go rot in hell. (Another anecdote.)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
CM August

Post by CM August »

Death Gazer, Magic Master, Master Tonberry, the eight legendary dragons and more don't count? There are tons of bosses and side-quests that aren't necesarry to beat FF6 - more so than any other Final Fantasy, in fact. After you obtain the Falcon everything else is optional.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I can't believe that some of you never heard of TelStar and some of the other optional bosses. Getting some of the characters again before facing Kefka is optional with some coming with a boss like Shadow or Relm. The Hidoon is also optional if I remember correctly and you can face it as many times as you like.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Ancient wrote:Speaks through his anal cavity

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I thought I smelt something.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Actually, on that note, who's been able to refine a "Dark Matter" in 8. I can't seem to do so.
Don't you get 10 for refining one of the GF cards? I believe it was Diablo's or one of the Minotaur brothers, but I'm certain it's one you get automatically and not won from a player or found.

I'm surprised that people missed out on fighting Telstar. He <b>is</b> pretty tough considering you'd only have Sabin and Shadow (if you're lucky) at that point. But with Shadow's shurikens you can make quick work of it. Gives a Green Beret when it dies, too (in fact, the bastard keeps coming back on the Veldt.... Green Beret's all round). On that note, was anyone aware of the rear tent you can only access by jumping over the wall? Nothing too impressive in the chest inside, but I must of wondered how to get in there over a dozen times and completely ignored stepping on the ground tile that would send you jumping over to it.

Anyone find the second Memento Ring?

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

There are two Memento Rings? I never knew that...hold up Telstar gives you a Green beret? Now I think I remember facing that boss in the camp, and I think I died more often than I liked...

As for tough as a boss, annyone remember the Dinosaur Forest and the Brachosaur and the Tyranosaur? The former completely wiped me out with Ultima...o_O

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

God, I probably would've found at least half of the list you guys made if I still had FF6 (I only borrowed it from a friend cuz' I was too lazy to buy one). I heard FF6 had so much crap to do, but I never expected that much.
~neo

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

Yeah, the hardest thing to find was the limit breaks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that FFVI was the first one in the series to have limit breaks. Not like it matters, they were almost impossible to pull off. I've only ever seen one: Sabin's Tiger Break. Poor little random encounter weenies that got hit with that. Made me feel sorry for 'em.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

It was the first...though I never saw one of them...since it's like a 1 in 20 chance when you are near death to maybe get a slimmer of a shot at seeing one...

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Want a challenge? Try beating a LandEater on Triangle Island before it swallows you.

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

It's a bad habit of mine to assume that all the extra side-quests at the end of VI are the main game. I mean, what idiot fights Kefka after they get the airship anyway?

And some of those bosses are not overly easy, true. But they aren't the same as the Weapons, which serve only one purpose. To be hard! FFVI is probably the easiest FF I've played taking all the side-quests into account.

And Baba, using a quote to say that doesn't work. I'm not retarded enough to speak about myself in the 3rd person (although I should be considering the forum I'm on).

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Ancient wrote: I'm not retarded enough to speak about myself in the 3rd person (although I should be considering the forum I'm on).
Muh?

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

Moo...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

I thought a pretty cruel monster was the Intagir in the WOB...it killed my party with Meteo...though it was invisible at first so maybe if I had cast Doom on it...

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Casting Doom on the Intagir will indeed kill it, however he will cast meteor on the caster (the attack misses often though). Doing this will reward you with fuck all experience but a hefty 10 Magic Points which makes learning magic a piece of piss.

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

Omni Hunter wrote:Want a challenge? Try beating a LandEater on Triangle Island before it swallows you.
That's not hard. I had to not do anything just to get GoGo. No, the level in the Zone Eater was tougher than he was.