Episode III premiere, anyone?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

Because you're psychic.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

tornadot wrote:Why do I have this feeling that Sidious=Palpatine?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

tornadot wrote: Why do I have this feeling that Sidious=Palpatine?
No idea.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I've never watched a Star Wars movie in my entire life.

Anon

Post by Anon »

I'll be seeing Ep. III eventually. Although, I can't say that I'm too excited after seeing the first two prequels. Ick.

I can't recall the original trilogy, but I've at least seen the first movie before.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I agree with Penguin, the only part of Episode 1 I liked was the Darth Maul fight scene, and the damn thing kept getting interrupted by that little fag flying a ship and destroying a massive space station by accident.

And was it just me or when Obi Wan flipped outa the pit and force pulled the lightsaber, was there a good 2 seconds when Darth Maul just stood there before he got chopped in half?

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

Don't you just love how Anakin basically saves everybodys asses by accident?

I could kill that little bastard, he's almost as bad as jar jar

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I'm tempted to send Darth Jackson after the little fucker.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I'll be seeing Star Wars III. I didn't like Episode II, but something is compelling me to watch Episode III. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan or nothing either.
~Neo

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

My boss is a Star Wars geek, I am also. Tomorrow my boss is closing down the office and taking everyone to see it at a huge theater out-of-town.

He's awesome.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I don't like Episode I that much but I really like Episode II. It's true that the old trilogy has a different feel, but I'm really enjoying how everything is linking from one trilogy to another.

Anyway, the Pod racer thing explains why Obi Wan tells Luke that, when he met Anakin, he was already a good pilot, not that I have never slept in that racing scene. The game's awesome though.

And the clones rule. I'm seeing Episode III tonight.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

The Pod racing could easily have been cut down to about 20 minutes, and the reference couls still work.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Meh. The problem with the prequels is are three things - firstly, the dialogue is awful. Secondly, Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiansen are shitty actors. But the worst problem is that the characters are unlikable and poorly defined.

The original cast were all lovable archetypes with more detail to make them more distinct. Luke was the annoying wanabee hero who made it. Han was the dashing rogue with the heart of gold. Leia was both a damsel in distress and a kick-ass heroine.

In the prequels, who do we have to cheer on? Qui-gon? An idiotic Jedi who gets cut in half during the movie? Obi-wan? Who spends half of his time being a whiny stick in the mud and the other half being a waffling idiot? Amidala, who invokes as much sympathy as a plank of wood? ANAKIN? Who is annoying, whiny, dislikable, and bitchy all at the same time? Yurgh.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

This just in:
A friend of mine actually got tickets for the midnight show at 6<b>PM</b>, and the news said it had been sold out everywhere for the next three days. :3
So yeah, I'll be seeing tonight after all.
-and in the best surround sound theatre in the state!

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Secondly, Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiansen are shitty actors.
I don't think it is so much has to do with them being awful actors(I heard that Natalie Portman was great in Closer). I think the bigger problem has to do with is the awful script and directing.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Speaking of which, I just saw Closer the other day. I'd heard it was fantastic. I thought it was balls awful.

Portman was decent in it, I guess. But nothing special.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Watched it. Best of the 3 prequels. The evolution to the state of the original films was handled quite nicely.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

It was pretty awesome.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Just came back from it. I was surprised, but I went in with zero expectations anyway. It's definitely better than Episodes 1 and 2, but that's not really saying anything at all. It was a decent movie.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Just got back from it awhile ago, my experience wasn't bad:
1.) My friend didn't go to get tickets until 6pm the evening before, no waiting required. Even after the news reported all theatres in the area being sold out for the next three days.
2.) Didn't see any people dressed up, but someone did bring one of those "uber"-expensive lightsaber replicas. It was bright.
3.) No lines getting in, decent seats.
4.) We saw it in one of the best THX surround-sound theatres in the state.

As for the movie itself, I must say, <b><i>"Most impressive."</b></i>
Very funny, and great fight scenes. Some of R2-D2's best scenes yet.
Did anyone else notice the transition of how the sophistication of the technology from episode I to the 4-6 trilogy gradually decreased?

Anyways, great movie, go see it.

Best line in the movie: "Not if anything to say about it, do I."

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

<I>Real</I> best line in the movie: "3PO will protect me."

Cue collective snicker from the entire audience.

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

Best one out of the new Trilogy. A couple of technical goofs, but otherwise quite good.

Carl with a K

Post by Carl with a K »

Spazz wrote:
Best line in the movie: "Not if anything to say about it, I HAVE"
Fixed. Because I have no life.
Last edited by Carl with a K on Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Real best line in the movie:

Darth Vader: *clunk**clunk* "NOOOOOOOO!!!"

(random spoilers throughout) I saw it last night. It was good. Not as good as any of the movies in the original trilogy, obviously, but it wasn't the disaster it could've been. Chewbacca's cameo seemed like pointless fan service, they should've just left him out of it entirely. He's supposed to be a sidekick, not some hero from the Clone Wars. Mace Windu and Gen. Grievous were cool, but both of them died like bitches. Anakin was alright, if you could get past his wooden acting, and I didn't think Natalie Portman was <i>that</i> bad, and I didn't expect her to die, especially since Leia said she remembered her mother in Return of the Jedi . The Sidious and Yoda fight was awesome, especially when Sidious was flinging all that shit around in the Senate chamber and Yoda deflected his lightning back at him. It was also really cool when Obi-Wan and Anakin fought on Mustafar and Obi-Wan fuckin' cuts off Anakin's legs and arm with a single strike. Before I thought Obi-Wan wasn't all that interesting, but now I see he's fucking awesome and I'd <i>so</i> bone him.

Oh, and the part when all the jedi die was pretty cool. I felt bad, cause I let out a chuckle when Anakin killed all those little kids.

I expected alot of nerds like me to be there, but strangely, my theatre was filled with cute women. So maybe that's why I have such positive feelings about this movie.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Squirrelknight wrote:Real best line in the movie:

Darth Vader: *clunk**clunk* "NOOOOOOOO!!!"
Yeah, definately. That was one of my favorites too, because up until now you had NEVER heard him talk with any sort of expression in his voice, so that made it hilarious.

"Brendan wait!"