So, yeah, E3 and stuff.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Protodude

Post by Protodude »

-They're realeasing a sequel to the .hack games entitled .Hack//G.U.

-A new Lunar game for the DS called Lunar Genesis

-Also, two new Guilty Gear games. Guilty Gear Judgement for the PSP and Guilty Gear Dust Strikers for the DS.

-Also, Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 was announced, but no screens have appeared yet.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I think everyone saw the DOA Volleyball sequel coming.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I think everyone saw the DOA Volleyball sequel coming.
It's hard to come until we actually see it.

Wow, that was ridiculously bad. Somebody ban me, even if it's just for a little while.

Assuming that Lunar Genesis is the mysterious "LUNAR" game that MMV's had listed on their website for a while, it obviously isn't the remake of Silver Star that I predicted. I wonder if it's related to the Lunar series at all.

How about that Final Fight shit? If Capcom didn't have Okami on the way, I'd just set fire to the whole company.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

It's related to the Lunar franchise but supposedly takes place before Silver Star...thankfully it hopefully won't be another port...

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

How can it be a port when it hardly resembles any of the previous Lunar games at all? Also, the origin of this game according to Magicbox says it was developed in the US. Wait, wasn't all the Lunar games developed by Game Arts or was that GBA Lunar game developed by Marvelous?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It's also not being developed by Game Arts, though. Marvelous doesn't exactly have a stunning track record... A remake they may have been able to handle, and it's true that I've played as many different versions of Silver Star as I care to, but that would've been easier to ignore than a bad handheld prequel.

Have they shown that Urusei Yatsura game yet? I figured that was going to be a port of the Sega CD version along with Lunar, but I guess maybe not.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Also, the origin of this game according to Magicbox says it was developed in the US.
I think it's referring to Ubi Soft's localization. Ubi Soft is showing it at E3, but I don't think Marvelous has unveiled it themselves yet... I rather doubt they're showing at E3 at all.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Protodude wrote: -Also, two new Guilty Gear games. Guilty Gear Judgement for the PSP and Guilty Gear Dust Strikers for the DS.
As I am the only one who really cares about Guilty Gear on this board, awesome.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

You're not the only Guilty Gear fan in these parts, though I don't find the prospect of another handheld version to be particularly exciting.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Eh, I'm willing to give it a shot. Gender confusion on the go? How could I resist?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Is Isuka any good? I still haven't played that one. I'm waiting for them to add some jiggle animations to Baiken.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Isuka's pretty good. It should be cheap, if you can find it. My only complaint is that only Chipp can triple jump now. But it balances things a bit, I suppose.
I also dig the Line Changing, and mixing it up with Guard Cancels. My friend is one of those bastards who abuses unblockables, so it helps me fuck with him a bit.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Game Arts only developed the original two Sega/Mega CD games and the Game Gear one. Kadokawa Shoten did the three remakes, and then Media Rings did the GBA remake of the remake.

I've been excited about Lunar Genesis for a while now, and even the first screenshots looking like crap isn't enough to dampen my spirits yet. It'll be the first original Lunar game in like nine years.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

The PS3 looks like a printer, there I said it.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Game Arts only developed the original two Sega/Mega CD games and the Game Gear one. Kadokawa Shoten did the three remakes, and then Media Rings did the GBA remake of the remake.
Yeah, but those were just remakes, and had alot of the same staff working on them regardless. (The Saturn/PSX versions, I mean.) These screenshots of Genesis don't look especially bad, but it's obviously not the Lunar sequel/prequel we've been waiting for...

What do you think of Grandia 3? I'm a bit disappointed because it looks like the Grandia 2 engine untouched. I was hoping for something new this time. I guess I need to stop expecting that...

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I'm not a big Grandia fan or anything, but the music on the official site was pretty cool.

Also, I think the portable Guilty Gear games look kind of stupid. But then, I always prefered XX to Isuka since I always thought the four-on-four battles were to hectic. I also didn't like pressing R1 just so I could turn around. Baba, you've heard about the new version of XX, right?

I'm also a bit surprised no one complained about the new Dot Hack.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It is of little import.

And hey, at least they're not putting out another Grandia X-Treme.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

I still have to beat the original Grandia after trading it in when I was at the final boss. Yes I'm an idiot...

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

As much as I am a Lunar fan, I've never played a Grandia game in my life. I lose.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I played the first Grandia, on PSX, with Justin and Feena. I never outright finished it, because movers stole my shit.
Fucking movers.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The original is one of my all-time favorite RPG's, still. The sequel's decent, but really not even in the same league. Of course I didn't touch Xtreme.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

Do I have to try Ebay to get this game? I haven't seen it at all anymore in the gaming stores...(Course I need to finish Chrono Cross first)

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Xtreme had a very nice battle system but it couldn't hide the fact that it was still a dungeon crawler. Therefore, I don't have any real motivation to finish it.

Oh, and the dubbing was terrible.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Johnny wrote:This popped into my vision and made me screech like Mariah Carey:

No, not because a Pirates of the Caribbean world is going to appear in Kingdom Hearts 2, oh no; because I will have to stomach Keira Knightley in something else. The horror! Parley!
Wait, there's Pirates of the Caribbean, but no sign of Mary Poppins?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

The real tragedy is the lack of Tron.