Tell me this is a joke.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Well there ya go.

To Chris, if you are buying it purely for the image, then you are buying it for the image and not the name. The name might affect the image, but you aren't buying it because of that. You are buying it because of the image.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Not true. Some people have to have everything just right. If the name is wrong, that ruins the whole thing. If the form is wrong, that ruins the whole thing. If the color is wrong, that ruins the whole thing. So a bad name could ruin the entire image, and thus the name would be the reason why they wouldn't buy it, assuming everything else was of sufficient quality.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

You're completely correct, but there aren't many people who have that much willpower, or if you prefer, calibre. Normal people will just buy whatever they can and want without much thought.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

The person is Chris's example isn't applying will power. He/she would be some kind of obsessive compulsive who naturally wants or demands that kind of perfection, or just someone who values image above the other elements of the console.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

I didn't say they weren't being a dick, but it does take willpower to apply perfectionism. Usually, at least.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

chriscaffee wrote:Not true. Some people have to have everything just right. If the name is wrong, that ruins the whole thing. If the form is wrong, that ruins the whole thing. If the color is wrong, that ruins the whole thing. So a bad name could ruin the entire image, and thus the name would be the reason why they wouldn't buy it, assuming everything else was of sufficient quality.
If you assume that, then sure I'll agree with you.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

On topic again. It's not like Playstation 3 and X-Box are such GREAT names. I kinda like Wii. Wii!

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

despite my initial reaction of dumbfounded increduality (Wii? wtf are they on?), I have come to a realization.

Everyone is talking about this.

I mean it, everywhere I go, I hear about Wii. It's out, and it's big. Granted, most people are saying how stupid the name sounds, but that's not the point. It's almost become a houshold word inside a week. It has people's attention. Wii has been noticed in a big way.

As far as marketing is concerned, I think Nintendo has something here.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I would eat Wheatendos. They sound like a balanced part of my breakfast.