Roll on, Shining Hedgehog.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Just ignore him, it's Arcade. If he doesn't know what a word means I think he just makes something up.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Double-S- wrote:Just ignore him, it's Arcade. If he doesn't know what a word means I think he just makes something up.
I was just trying to point out that Sega already knows how to make a cool move for Sonic that works on 3D, the spin attack is a 2-D thing, even if them added it auto-aim it would suck, for 3D the best is the homing atack, unless you do a totally horrible game like Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sure, they can still show Sonic using the spin attack in the CGI...

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Uh what?

The Spin Dash has always been Sonic's signature move. A new move is OK, but when they completely tarnish the reputation and usefulness of the old move, then we have a problem.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yup. As it happened in SA2, with that horrible somersault.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Although it does point out how the games have changed. In the 2d games the spin attack was an easy way to make a transition from running to an position to attack, but now with all the light speed dashes, homing dashes and insane platforming-in-space levels, the 3d games are plagued by airborn antics.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Which is why I'd like a less linear Sonic game. Hopefully that would allow our blue friend to spend more time on the ground.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

I do miss the simplicity of Sonic's abilities, and as cool as Sonic CD is I have to admit I hate how they set up the spin dash in that game.

But I also miss the selection of spheres Sonic3&Knuckles had to offer. All we have now is basic and magnetic which only attracts rings (though that'll always be fun).

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

EmeraldGuardian wrote:But I also miss the selection of spheres Sonic3&Knuckles had to offer. All we have now is basic and magnetic which only attracts rings (though that'll always be fun).
Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. The barrier special attacks seem kinda useless now in the 3D world. Not that I wouldn't like to see Sonic turning into a great ball of fire.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

By the way, I've always thought about the geographic location of the series. There's South Island, West Island, Angel Island, Station Square, etc. The best reference I have to the Sonic world is the stage select in SA2.

You look at the Green Hill Zone and it's on a tiny island which is obviously South Island and not part of Station Square. But Station Square seems to be connected to (or a part of) West Island because of a ton of reasons I'm too lazy to explain.

...I forgot where I was going at. Something about where the hell everything takes place.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Lazy me just pictures West, Angel, and South Island as their own seperate locations with Station Square, Capital City, and Soleanna replacing the cities they obviously draw inspiriation from (New York, San Francisco, and Venice).

Yes, I like to picture Sonic running around Italy for kicks. It tickles my funny bone.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I've always thought Station Square was in California, and the map in SA2 is like that of an upside down globe, and the locations that don't exist in real life, such as Pumpkin Hill, would be in all the unfilled sections of the globe.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/shadow/base.html

Click on "Media" to see a world map. Was this used in the actual game or just for the web site?

WW

Post by WW »

Everytime a cinema scene took place in the GUN headquarters, you'd see that map.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Damn you, global warming!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I think that map was also in Sonic X, in that one "lost underground civilization" story.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Looks like a crazy Earth. Not present Earth at least. They seem to have put another South America under Asia, and thrown two huge meteors on the west of Africa and on its connection to Europe. Also, the UK seems to have merged with the rest of Europe.

Oh, and the Big One seems to have finnally happened.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Rob-Bert wrote:Uh what?

The Spin Dash has always been Sonic's signature move. A new move is OK, but when they completely tarnish the reputation and usefulness of the old move, then we have a problem.
Well In Sonic Adventure you could still do the spin attack, it was hard but not a freaking "You make me hate the game" thing...