Illegal urban sport

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Re: Illegal urban sport

Post by Ngangbius »

So, the latest issue of EGM confirmed that Dimps is developing SFIV. Discuss.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Ngangbius wrote:So, the latest issue of EGM confirmed that Dimps is developing SFIV. Discuss.
...?
So we can expect something like this?
So we can expect something like this?
streetfighter4-4.jpg (55.18 KiB) Viewed 7864 times

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

ok, now I'm a little concerned...

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I don't even care, outsourcing has been happening for a long time with Japanese companies (Treasure has been the outsourcee for a lot of games they don't even take credit for) and in any case I am pretty sure that Capcom (whoever that is! The entire SF2 team is pretty much gone at this point, after all) is keeping a tight watch on development. The most important part of a fighting game is the fine-tuning, so regardless of who is programming it, it's going to be altered over and over until Capcom is happy with it.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It's not the sort of thing I can say out loud in public, but I actually think those Dragon Ball games they've done look pretty cool.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Now that I see that both SNK Playmore and Arc System Works are more or less delivering the kind of stuff I wanted, I'm a whole lot less interested in this title. It may end up being decent, but it's still ugly. Hell, even that Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm looks better, and that one isn't running on a Core 2 Duo.
P.P.A.'s pic was hilarious.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Dimps? They must be pretty fucking busy then, I'm pretty sure they're developing that DB: Burst Limit game as well and at the very least are "involved" in the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It's come to my attention that this topic won't mark itself as read. Which is weird, since I know I've clicked on it, like, four times. Hopefully posting here fixes that!

Anyway, so as to be on-topic, why the hell is M. Bison back? Akuma freakin' killed him with a move that explicitly sends his soul to have a permanent stay in the netherworld. Not to mention that his death is canonical, as per SFIII. So, uh... retcon, much?

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

That's because Bison kicked ass, and Street Fighter II is pretty much as synonymous with him as it is with Ryu or Ken. And since Street Fighter IV is, in all fairness, Street Fighter II [something] edition, and canonicity in fighting games is lame, you have Bison... or his evil twin or some shit.

Also, it would be nice to have Bison, Vega and Balrog filtered with Vega, Balrog and Bison repectively, it would make for a funny mess. ¦P

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

yeah this game is pretty much just a new street fighter 2 which sucks. So far there are no street fighter 3 characters or alpha characters and all the new characters they revealed are butt ugly. actually, crimson viper looks okay.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Street FIghter IV has been confirmed for console release.

As one of the few (if only) members here who is essentially pro-Nintendo, here are my thoughts:
ARGH >:C *weeps bitterly*

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Why are they just doing Street Fighter II in 3D instead of actually doing Street Fighter IV? I guess they're saving all the new characters for the numerous re-releases and special editions.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

I don't think you'll be missing on anything important, Yami. The Wii, as any other console, would greatly benefit from a standard 3rd Strike emulation job.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

So, these screenshots just keep getting better:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So apparently the line-up for IV is all of the Street Fighter II characters with a few new ones added in. With characters from Alpha and III only appearing in upcoming versions. Obviously they're trying to ride in solely on nostalgia here.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Is Cammy in this?

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

Cammy hasn't been confirmed yet, but it was revealed today that Dan and Fei-Long are in. So if we got those two I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that we've got her.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Dan and Fei are only for the ports, though.

I wish this was Vampire Hunter 4. Integrated into the Devil May Cry universe so those characters could be playable. With new characters and monsters like giant gargoyles or dragons or a kraken or minotaur or something. My main complaint about Vampire Hunter 3 was that all the new characters save Jedah were creepy Lolicon fanservice perv bait.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Plus, Vampire never had such an impossibly high game system standard to live up to. Though I'd personally miss the high definition 2D idea more on it than I do on this catastrophe, because even SNK fighters got the luxury of at least a second sprite set in their entire lives.

Also, Japs seem to have something with the Little Red Riding Hood thing.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Street FIghter IV has been confirmed for console release.

As one of the few (if only) members here who is essentially pro-Nintendo, here are my thoughts:
ARGH >:C *weeps bitterly*
Wii ain't out of the running yet. (& I ain't bored of Wii puns yet)
Format: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PC, To be determined," and "Release date: TBA (Xb360, PS3, PC, TBD).
What the producer said months ago shouldn't be forgotten either. I'm leaning towards PC/PS3/360 getting the direct port while a 2nd build is being prepared for Wii/PS2/PSP ports. But that begs the question of who is the poor man's Dimps?

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

My local arcade just got Street fighter 4 and I have to say it is a lot better than I expected. I only got to play it for an hour though because the line was so packed but anyways it was really fun. It is in no way as deep as Third Strike but it is still feels pretty deep. What I hate is that since you can no longer parry you are pretty much defenceless in the air. The graphics are amazing and the ridiculously funny screenshots of facial expressions look really good in motion (at times it can still look funny though). I still can't tell how balanced the game is because everybody is still new to the game but I can say the game is damn fun.

Oh and El Fuerte is a freaking beast and plays like Guy and Maki.

Face It Straight!

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Oh forgive me, I can't read your post because of my TOTALLY FUCKING HUEG STIFFY!!!1!11

Now seriously, I saw some gameplay vids, it looks fun and all, but y'know, it was a nine years hiatus. You just can't please the people who were actually waiting for this that easily.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Am I the only one who's never cared at all about anything Arc System Works has ever produced? I like 2-D fighters as much as the next guy, but I've never seemed to get into Guilty Gear.

I'm actually kind of glad that Street Fighter IV is like Street Fighter 2, because I didn't like the 3 series at all and only played the second game in the Zero trilogy (which was good, but basically a spiffy looking Street Fighter 2).

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:Am I the only one who's never cared at all about anything Arc System Works has ever produced? I like 2-D fighters as much as the next guy, but I've never seemed to get into Guilty Gear.
You probably are. For years, Virtua Fighter 2 was the only fighter I ever even remotely cared for, and I just completely shunned the rest of the genre. But then I played the original Guilty Gear on impulse a few months back, and then, suddenly, it all made sense to me. I probably beat the game upwards of 25 times, and I didn't stop until I could blow through the whole thing without losing a single round with Axl. It was magical.

On that note, BlazBlue looks pretty fucking bodacious. The only thing about it that's turned me off so far is that the characters don't seem nearly as interesting as those of the GG series, which is what drew me into the games in the first place. The Ky wannabe looks reasonable, the Jin Saotome ripoff seems pretty cool, and Iron Tagar is nifty (But it's a forbidden love, as Heavy Characters Always Suck No Matter What™). Everything else is just stupid shit. Catgirl? Gothic lolita? White-haired male lead that fights with his blood? Naaaah.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Shove him/ her/ it up your pooper. Other than that, I agree with you.