New series of Sonic X

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Titan

New series of Sonic X

Post by Titan »

The guys who did the background art now have "Sonic X (new series)" listed as one of their future projects;
http://www.studiomao.biz-web.jp/worksnow.html
Put it through Babelfish or some other translator, that's what it says.

This is good news really; considering how the last series ended, this new series should be set entirely in Sonic's world, and not Chris'. Here's hoping for adaptations of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Advance 3 ^^

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I don't care what you other wankers say, I liked Sonic X a lot.

And speaking of that, does anyone know where I can get all of the episodes in Japanese, fansubbed or not, in DivX rips? I'm missing 13-52 subbed and 40-52 not subbed.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I think pretty much everyone, the fans, the casual viewers, the guys behind the show, Sega, the TV channels, EVERYONE, realises that Chris was a mistake. Hopefully this second season will be one big apology.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Segaholic2 wrote:I don't care what you other wankers say, I liked Sonic X a lot.

And speaking of that, does anyone know where I can get all of the episodes in Japanese, fansubbed or not, in DivX rips? I'm missing 13-52 subbed and 40-52 not subbed.
The ENTIRE series in fansubbed Japanese is available for download from this site:
http://3danime.net/forum/dload.php?acti ... cea61eb553

Whether or not it's in your preferred format, I don't know.

I rather liked Sonic X myself. And Chris was definitely a mistake, which was more than apparent when it became clear how incredibly much more enjoyable the Sonic Adventure adaption episodes were for the sole fact that Chris was hardly in them at all. Sticking the little twerp with Big and shoving them off-screen = brilliant!

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

I poop on RealPlayer.

Thanks, though. :p I'll check them out when I get off work.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

That website that Owen Axel won't let me download... but I have a site which has all the french episodes and a few of the japanese ones, which are in subtitles:

click here

I also thought Sonic X kicked ass. I don't know about you guys, but I thought they really made the characters have more personality, and all in all it was a pretty good anime. But Chris ruined a lot of it. He sucks ass, and he really didn't have much of a role when they started to base the show off the Sonic Adventure games. He just got in the way and stole everyone's lines, like when he, instead of Amy, convinced Shadow to help Sonic out.

Oh well. Hopefully this new series will be way better. And Chris better not show his face in there.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Sonic X is a great anime and yes, of course Chris is a big, fat mistake. I will admit he has a likable personality, but his constant sucking to the spotlight peeves me off. How the HECK does Shadow even see him as Maria physically? Helen (the girl in the wheelchair) makes a better obvious choice.
~Neo

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Segaholic2 wrote:And speaking of that, does anyone know where I can get all of the episodes in Japanese, fansubbed or not, in DivX rips? I'm missing 13-52 subbed and 40-52 not subbed.
I thought we've been through this. I told you where to get 'em, dude.
If you're not going to download them yourself, I'll just send 'em to you when I've got them, kay?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

But it's so slooooooow!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Now we don't have to worry about an annoying little boy.

We just have to worry about freaky add-on furry characters like Princess Sally - Japanese style.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Metal Sonic's in it.

If he isn't, I'm going to TMS and viciously executing each and every one of them. Along with Sonic Team, SEGA, and all their relatives, friends and pets.

If Metal is in it but has a gay helium voice like Gamma did in the dub, then I'll just plain cry.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Chris or no Chris, I find it hard to love a show with so many stupid, formulaic, pointless filler episodes. Sonic goes to the Safari park? Sonic joins a baseball team? What the fuck is that? And right on schedule, here comes the stupid Eggman robot of the week. After a while it was like watching Sailor Fucking Moon.

There were a handful of really, really great episodes, and if those had been the only ones made, it could have been a hell of a 13-episode series. The first episode, the assault on Eggman's island base, Knuckles trip to China, the battle with Perfect Chaos... awesome stuff. But it's hard to enjoy your chocolate cake when it's burried under a pile of shit.

I just created a new expression!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I find one of Sonic x's worst downfall was that it was a Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 adaption.

we all played the game, why would we want to see all that again?

one word...Boring.

If the want ted to make a game adaption, make them of the Classic games, that would be Far more interesting!

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

SegaSonic wrote:I find one of Sonic x's worst downfall was that it was a Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 adaption.

we all played the game, why would we want to see all that again?
Because SA1 and 2 were some of the last major Sonic products that didn't suck completely.

I still can't like Sonic X, no matter how hard I try.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

True, but SA1 and 2 were a series that included voice overs and lots of Role play.

why would we want to see that same thing again? we were all sick of playing those games. we knew the story like the back of our hands.

we wanted a Sonic Anime, not a Sonic Anime adaption, not to mention that Sonic X confused many N00Bs.

Look at the Sonic OVA, it was about Metal, but it wasnt an adaption.

(though I wished there was one, since the classic games didnt really had dialog, but the SA series did.)

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

The English Sonic X sucks monkey balls, no one with a normal brain should like it. The jap subs are really good though, they can all be downloaded through bittorent here. http://bt.s0nicfreak.com/ The file is 8GBs though, but it's worth it.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

To this day I haven't bothered to watch a single episode of Sonic X. I had the first two or three fansubs downloaded way back when it was new, but I eventually deleted them without ever watching them.

No matter how I try to analyze it, it never fails to strike me as a generic kiddie anime.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Well, that is what it is.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Is there any kind of mod that like, shortens URL names when long URLs are posted? You all know what I'm talking about.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Is there any kind of mod that like, shortens URL names when long URLs are posted? You all know what I'm talking about.
Yes, yes there is. I am that mod. Hurrah me!

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

SegaSonic wrote:True, but SA1 and 2 were a series that included voice overs and lots of Role play.

why would we want to see that same thing again? we were all sick of playing those games. we knew the story like the back of our hands.

we wanted a Sonic Anime, not a Sonic Anime adaption, not to mention that Sonic X confused many N00Bs.

Look at the Sonic OVA, it was about Metal, but it wasnt an adaption.

(though I wished there was one, since the classic games didnt really had dialog, but the SA series did.)
To me, Sonic X feels like a japanese anime trying to act like an american cartoon. It has anime traits, but it has american loonyness mixed in, and the two just do not mix at all.

If there is anything Sonic X inspired me to do, it was to get off my ass and make my own sonic cartoon to go up against it.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

You do of course realize that anime was inspired by American animation.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

yes it was inspired, but it's a totally different realm of style. Actually, it's an improvment in my opinion

CE

Post by CE »

That's like saying Modern English was inspired by Old English. Well no shit!

The Scarlet Scorpion

Post by The Scarlet Scorpion »

Crazy Penguin wrote:I think pretty much everyone, the fans, the casual viewers, the guys behind the show, Sega, the TV channels, EVERYONE, realises that Chris was a mistake. Hopefully this second season will be one big apology.
I doubt it, as I've still yet to see the mutilated remains of those responsible for "Sonic L'Rebelle". Bastards.