Obama now President of USA.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Re: Obama now President of USA.

Post by P.P.A. »

Whenever I turned on the television today, I saw Obama. On every fucking channel. FFFFFF

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

I liked his speech. Well, except the whole "we can do this and that because we are of THIS nationality!"-aspect of it, but still: Go Obama! Change! Ect! :smile:

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

P.P.A. wrote:Whenever I turned on the television today, I saw Obama. On every fucking channel. FFFFFF
God bless satellite TV. Although it was right curious when I tuned in ESPNews by mistake and there the dude was.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Dr. Watson wrote:"we can do this and that because we are of THIS nationality!"
Yeah! What does the American President think he's doing, trying to inspire Americans by tell them that Americans are capable of great things?! FOR SHAME.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

In more exciting news, my pet lizard pooped for the first time in two months!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Damn, I can barely hold it in half an hour.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Obama was on in every channel in Germany, P.P.A.? I knew he's popular overseas, just not THAT popular.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:Obama was on in every channel in Germany, P.P.A.? I knew he's popular overseas, just not THAT popular.
Well yeah, German TV sucks. It's depressingly sensationalist regarding almost everything (oh hello mad cow disease, SARS and bird flu). Even publicly ran channels are like that quite often. :|
Plus our own politicians are quite lame so we have to look at other countries' ones to keep us entertained in that regard.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Then again, you almost never hear of a German politician having some sort of big scandel. Just what do German comedy writers have for material? Besides US politicians.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:Then again, you almost never hear of a German politician having some sort of big scandel. Just what do German comedy writers have for material? Besides US politicians.
They write about how lame our politicians and how stupid their moves and decisions are.
Then again, we have to sorts of comedy here. "Comedy", which is a bit simpler and more resolving around "lol sex" and the sorts; and "Mabarett", which is a higher comedy mostly mocking politics without as much show an a bit more substance and sarcasm. The former just recycles its old unfunny jokes whereas the latter still feeds on the rather common lack of competence of our government. It may not be good for scandals or the likes, but is still failing enough to be made fun of. On that note, I can suggest the monthly "Mitternachtsspitzen" and "Neues aus der Anstalt" if you understand German. They're mostly the crown of Kabarett and of the highest quality overall.

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Delphine wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:"we can do this and that because we are of THIS nationality!"
Yeah! What does the American President think he's doing, trying to inspire Americans by tell them that Americans are capable of great things?! FOR SHAME.
Now, now, no need to get offensive. Im not racking down on American nationalism in particular, im just saying that i find it annoying when politicians in any nation tries to play on some nineteenth century delusions about people possessing certain qualities or virtues simply because they live within certain borders. Romantification of states is laaame.

But then again, im an ends-justifies-the-means kinda guy, and if a dose of patriotic feelings can help inspire Americans to endure their current hardships, then i guess its cool to fuel those feelings anyway.

Now lets not get into an arguement, and instead just keep rejoicing over Ameriacs new chocolat messiah!

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

It's awesome and a step in the right direction, but why didn't you just start a new post, instead of resurrecting a year old one about a different topic?

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Well, the majority of the topic's content was about Proposition 8 anyway.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Sorry. I figure it be okay since a lot of discussion in the thread was regarding Prop 8. My mistake.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Page not found, page not found, and 'blank page'.

Somehow this is not as interesting as the dead sea scrolls.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Me and a fiend had a discussion (a debate if you will) over the overturn, from mostly a legal stand point. It pretty much boiled down to my friend being worried that this could rise up to the supreme court and force states that aren't ready to allow gay marriage. This could "sour relations between the gay community and others". If everyone just waited a few more years, California and other states would be more ready and willing to accept gay marriage. I said that California was mostly ready for it and Prop 8 passed mostly because of the Mormon campaign and the strong anti-gay black culture which came out to vote heavily for Obama.

He is also worried that more laws could be passed that are against the will of the majority, since this is an overturn of a proposition that was voted on by the people. He thinks that it's a step towards the government not being ruled by the people. I told him that it should never had been voted on by the majority in the first place since it doesn't even affect the majority. It's a minority rights issue. Not to mention how it goes against the state's constitution, which should be held in higher regard.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

What relations with "others" would gay marriage sour, exactly? The friendly left-wing christians that gays get on with so well?

I do agree that America probably isn't ready for gay marriage, and that legalising it across the states would result in a fierce backlash, but I don't think that makes it wrong to campaign for it. In the UK, there is an attitude of apathy, which I think is a lot more dangerous. Honestly, I think it would do certain Americans a lot of good to be forced to respect the rights of a minority they don't like.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Gr4y, your friend is full of shit. Civil rights should not be voted on. Letting a bunch of people who don't like me because I prefer cunts over cocks decide whether or not I can get married is barbaric. It was a mistake to put it on the ballot, it was a mistake to let anyone vote on it, it was a mistake to take Prop 8 seriously at all.

And as far as people not being ready for it? Fuck 'em. Fuck everyone 'upset' over my right to someday GET MARRIED. This is my LIFE, asshole, you don't get to decide this for me. It kind of gets in the way of that whole 'pursuit of happiness' thing we've got going on.

p.s. "strong anti-gay black culture"? lol racism lol. Statistically, even if every single black person who voted, voted yes on Prop 8, that wouldn't have been the deciding factor. It was white people who voted yes on Prop 8. White people who made this happen. Don't believe that Dan Savage racist msm bullshit.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Crackers keepin' the dikes down; better ignore everyone's opinion and just do what those perverted fish-lovers demand!

But retarded lesbos aside, I do not think this is really much of an issue. Fanny-skanks can get married where I live and it makes no difference to anything, so I am not sure what the problem is. Perhaps homos should demand that anyone can get legal rights in relationships - faggy buttsex related or not - and that just maybe it should avoid involving any religion. Despite how anyone finds it acceptable or unacceptable, marriage is defined as only involving two opposite genders. That is the literal and unchangeable definition.

To be blunt: lower the fag ego, no one likes it and it just causes more resentment. And no, the opinions of others are not below yours, no matter how high you rank yourself above others in your fake-minority status issued by sexual desire.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

oh u

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

I'm with the autistic kid. His speech of hate has, somehow, left me feeling empowered!

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Canada has had gay marriage for more than five years now, and since then, the entire moral fabric of the country has completely disintegrated. Murders in the streets, siblings entering polygamous unions with their grandmothers, pet owners having sex with their dogs... oh, if only we hadn't started down that slippery, slippery slope!

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Bullshit! That shit didn't happen until we started turning a blind eye to inter-racial couples.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

My mother used to tell me stories about a (white) man from South Africa she worked with. He would say things like how much he liked living in America, but was distressed that people were allowed to intermarry and that black people could drive cars.