Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

THIS is how a Sonic movie should be made.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

YouTube will indeed be the harbinger of the apocalypse.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

If we are doing more than one movie, I think we can follow the stories of Sonic 2, 3&K, and Adventure 2. We can just combine Death Egg Zone and the Ark. For example, the events of Sonic Adventure 2 happen (minus Knuckles) and the Ark lands safely onto Angel Island. Sonic and Tails run into Knuckles as they arrive on the island, while they are chasing down the remains for the Ark. Knuckles has already joined forces with Eggman and they run into other characters from the series as they explore the island. They eventually find him and learn that he's trying to launch the Ark again. The rest of S3&K unfolds. That should take up two films.

I'd like to see Adventure done as a third film, but with Rouge mixed in there too.

We leave Shadow for dead until the fourth film.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

gr4yJ4Y wrote: We leave Shadow dead.
Fixed.

I like your idea. I have a thoery that The ARK is Sonic Team's replacement for the Death Egg, so people would take it more seriously. (Not many people playing the game are going to take a Star Wars parody seriously, also they might've been afraid of legal action by Lucasfilm. I actually wasn't aware the Death Egg WAS a Star Wars parody until I was 12 or 13. Never watched the films..)

Anyway, If I ever directed a Sonic movie series, The film with the SA2 adaption would be Shadow's only appearance. He'd DIE in that movie. I wouldn't want people to even speculate on 'well maybe he's alive somewhere or chaos controlled' No, i'd show his mangled corpse being eaten by vultures.

Or, y'know, show him taking Maria's hand in Heaven or something.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

You can do one first, then the other right away.

Also, c'mon; the guy's called Eggman, he's fat, bald, and a narcissistic, mad scientist: if you were part of the SonicTeam staff you simply MUST do a Death Star parody.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

A great way to do an SA2 adaption and make sure Shadow was 100% dead in a nifty sort of way would be for him to single handedly chaos control the ARK back into orbit, and it show his body violently rip apart from the strain. (and I mean no mistaking it, his body should shred into pieces) Then the happy heaven scene.

Unfortunately there is no way for this to be done well, and therefore it is dangerous to even speak of it, but I thought to myself today whilst mowing that Shadow could, in a future game, go back in time and destroy black doom and himself in the past and thus avert all the horrors of the ARK massacre and save Maria, this would cease his existence entirely. I would rather see it done that so Shadow just goes and stops the Doom from ever happening, and then he would live the rest of his peaceful non emo life on ARK. At the end of the hypothetical game it could just show a cured Maria, a non homicidal Gerald and a happy Shadow and the ultimate life form could just never ever show up in a game ever again.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

But such events could possibly change Eggman's own personality, thus he wouldn't be a bad guy and Sonic would never be a hero and... well, you get it.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Isuka wrote:But such events could possibly change Eggman's own personality, thus he wouldn't be a bad guy and Sonic would never be a hero and... well, you get it.

Sonic team is not capable of that many thought processes at once. That and the events of ARK have no bearing on Eggman being evil, it is a video game, make up some confusing reason why the chaos emeralds protect the time line, USE THAT STAR TREK KNOWLEDGE! The only events that Shadow's non existence would nullify would be SA2,Heroes, ShTH, and StH, removing all those games from the time line would be very good for the series. Think of it as the best present Sonic Team could give you, total removal of Shadow, with a ending that is at least happy. Of course if Such a game was to be made there is a 99.4% of it being horrible. So yeah.

Remix

Post by Remix »

Why bother making a Sonic movie with all that drama?

Why not something different, but based loosely on the Genesis games? Any adaptation of SA or SA2 would be dull as shit. Give us a fun story.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Nobody liked my Sonic 1 adaptation. ;)

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

They should just make an adaptation of Sonic Shuffle.

Remix

Post by Remix »

G.Silver wrote:Nobody liked my Sonic 1 adaptation. ;)
Where could I check that out?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Thinking about it, I really liked the old anime with Metal Sonic. I think that captured very well the feeling of the games.

Remix

Post by Remix »

Remix wrote:
G.Silver wrote:Nobody liked my Sonic 1 adaptation. ;)
Where could I check that out?
So, yeah. May I see that?

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I think he's refering to his post on the first or second page.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

That is correct.

Remix

Post by Remix »

Ah. Well, yes, it was shit.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

It was one of the best written bad ideas I've ever seen.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

We could have a movie based on Sonic 2, the old times of Sonic and Tails without 125567667 characters who think they are heroes. The plot could be about Sonic being a jerk with Tails and Tails chasing him everywhere, fighting Eggman along the way. And "Silver sonic" for the final movie fight, where Tails does something that helps Sonic to win. And when we expert Sonic to say something about finally accepting Tails, Sonic just runs away and Tails runs after him. And the movie credits show them running in beautiful 2d places that look like Sonic 2 stages...that would be a susprise because the rest of the movie was in 3D.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Arcade wrote:where Tails does something that helps Sonic to win.
Another good idea would be having him saving Sonic from a terrible fall from the sky with his plane, like we had in the game. But that's just one idea.

Remix

Post by Remix »

Opa-Opa wrote:
Arcade wrote:where Tails does something that helps Sonic to win.
Another good idea would be having him saving Sonic from a terrible fall from the sky with his plane, like we had in the game. But that's just one idea.
I would have a twist to that. I would have it appear that Tails is going to catch Sonic (who is still in Super Sonic form, but fading) with the plane, but when they make contact and with Tails reaching out as if to grab him with his own hands, the impact breaks the plane in half. Tails is now falling with Sonic's hands in his and he then has only a few seconds to save their lives by taking flight with his own tails (which is something he was having trouble with since the beginning of the film).

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

That sounds too much like the Rocky and Bullwinke movie for my taste...and Super Sonic would screw up the movie, unless he was evil like in Sonic the Comic. I mean we are talking about Silver Sonic in Sonic 2. Is before that trash robot got powered up by the master emerald, Super Sonic would be saved for the second movie, that would also have Knuckles wearing a poncho and a cowboy hat..

Remix

Post by Remix »

With all due respect, I think that is bullshit. Thing is that it isn't Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's Sonic The Hedgehog.

And why can't Sonic become Super Sonic around the end of the movie to defeat a massive humanoid robot armed with bombs and has steel that Sonic can't break with his normal strength?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Because is a cheap Dragon Ball Z rip off, I liked some episodes of the Japanese Sonic X before he turned super, it was totally unfair. The problem with Super Sonic is that is unbeatable outside the games. You can’t apply the "throw super Sonic out of the screen and make him lose rings” in a movie. Well you could, but I bet most people won’t get it, I remember the two Sonic ovas, they had a powerful eggrobo and metal Sonic, and Sonic didn’t turn super to beat them. It was awesome!.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I think Super Sonic would be best saved for the last fight scene in the last film of the trilogy.