Sonic Advance 3 art

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

"The colors, Duke! The Colors!"

"I'm color-blind, kid."

And there goes my obscure popsicle commercial reference for the day.

Ryan the Game Master

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

The Noid wrote:Damn, Amy looks hot when she's winking.
Hmph. I was waiting for some dude to say something like that. :neutral:

Shake

Post by Shake »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Even the X games suck now. They were still hanging on decently until around the fifth one, then the sixth one was piss poor and don't even get me started on the seventh. Now they're up to X8 and it looks like the worst one yet.

Mega Man's even more tragic than Sonic because people at least recognize Sonic's fall from glory. Nobody even remembers how awesome Mega Man used to be back when he ruled the NES.

That said, I really enjoyed both Mega Man Legends games. They're not really Mega Man, but they were funner than anything else he's been in for the past fifteen years.
Megaman X6 and up were made by a completly different director. The original creator of the X/Megaman series wanted it to stop at X5, but Capcom stepped in and said no. He wouldn't work on it, so they got some new guy. Looks like he's listening, though. X8 will supposedly be the end of Sigma.

And people do remember how awesome Megaman used to be. Crawl around some message boards or something. XD

Sadly, Legends is pretty much dead. Theoretically, it takes place after Zero. My theory is that they really don't want to touch it until every other series is freakin' done, so they'll be able to finish it off.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Megaman X6 and up were made by a completly different director.
Is he a freaking intern? He must play checkers in the park with Takashi Iizuka or something.

What about the original Mega Man guy, I think his name was Inafune? Is he still involved in the series at all?

Biby128

Post by Biby128 »

Everyone looks good except for Tails. Damn, I wish he would look how he used to look back in the old days.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

The original creator of the X/Megaman series wanted it to stop at X5, but Capcom stepped in and said no.
But isn't that like Capcom? I predict Viewtiful Joe will go down that same road after the 4th installment.

Shake

Post by Shake »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
Megaman X6 and up were made by a completly different director.
Is he a freaking intern? He must play checkers in the park with Takashi Iizuka or something.

What about the original Mega Man guy, I think his name was Inafune? Is he still involved in the series at all?
Inafune has gone off his rocker with all the numerous Battle Network installments. Hell, I wonder if he even knows how the damn series will end.

Can you believe they already announced a Battle Network 4.5, before 4 was even released outside of Japan? x_x

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

But isn't that like Capcom? I predict Viewtiful Joe will go down that same road after the 4th installment.
I already think the second one looks too damn much like the first one, which I still never finished.
Inafune has gone off his rocker with all the numerous Battle Network installments.
God, I just want Mega Man! Is it that difficult for them?!

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

As long as the Rockman.EXE series sells(and judging by the sales charts they sell very well), they keeps making them and won't give a damn about the minority opinion.

Dash

Post by Dash »

It would be great if the characters actually interacted* with each other
Well, it's not exacly a Sonic Screensaver pic, but....

Found this little gem on the updated Sonic Advance 3 page. It could be doing the cut and paste thing again, but whatever. It's new Sad3 art so I figure I should post it here.

Oh yeah, this is my first GHZ post. I've been lurking about the GHZ forums for over 6 months or so, so I thought I'd join in. I'd make an introductory post, but that seems unessesary. Not sure what lured me in, I guess it was all that talk of "nekkid boobies" :D Anyway, yo.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

This is kinda cute:

When you select them, the characters have different reactions in response to their teammates.

I think they crossed the line with that Toy Kingdom stage.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I think they crossed the line with that Toy Kingdom stage.
Toy Kingdom went straight into Castle of Illusion territory, which is never good for a platformer.

I like Sonic levels to be have an edgy abstract look and still seem like places that could exist in a fantasy world. Music Plant and Toy Kingdom are just themes made into platforming stages, and that bothers me. Even Spring Yard Zone and Collision Chaos look like actual locations in some sense.

Not to mention that a toy themed level is overly cutesy, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind the odd Chao here and there.

I still think that Sonic Adventure is the most aesthetically pleasing Sonic game yet, and definitely the one with the most in-level variety as well as variety between levels.

It wasn't perfect mind, it lacked chequered stuff, the original animals and Chaotix-esque psychadelia, but I'll be damned if it doesn't offer the best template of how Sonic's world should look.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Dash wrote:Well, it's not exacly a Sonic Screensaver pic, but....

Found this little gem on the updated Sonic Advance 3 page. It could be doing the cut and paste thing again, but whatever. It's new Sad3 art so I figure I should post it here.
You know, I actually care for this piece more than the recent SAd3 art as it is traditionally cel-shaded and also it looks a bit too convincing to be a C&P job--but I could be wrong though.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I just don't know what went wrong with Toy Kingdom and Twinkle Snow. They are some of the lamest looking Sonic levels yet, and are noticibily uglier than the rest of the stages in the game.

Still, as a whole the game is surprisingly decent. Nothing brilliant, and still frustrating, but it's probably my favourite 2D Sonic game since Sonic and Knuckles.

Lakwren

Post by Lakwren »

Esrever wrote:I just don't know what went wrong with Toy Kingdom and Twinkle Snow. They are some of the lamest looking Sonic levels yet, and are noticibily uglier than the rest of the stages in the game.
You forgot about Cyber Track. Now, that was a damn ugly level. Playing the levels in that world never appealed to me for some reason.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Really? I actually liked the look of that stage.

Titan

Post by Titan »

There is also this one;

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Can't tell you how much I loved FINALLY seeing a final stage that wasn't a space station or giant factory. Seemed like they were intent on redoing the Death Egg Zone from Sonic3 & Knuckles for every 2D Sonic game, and it was frankly getting rather dull.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I almost thought that it was a law that Sonic games HAD to end in outer space. The only games that I've played that that don't end in space are Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Heroes. I'm sure there are others; which ones?

Titan

Post by Titan »

I don't think any of the 8-bit games did, except for Drift 2, which had the Death Egg as the final course.

aso

Post by aso »

Sonic 1 on GG ended in the atmosphere, which was close to space. About as close as Sonic 3's final battle, I think.

Sonic 2 on GG? Weird assed crystal level. No idea where.

Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble both ended up in the standard techno base.

Haven't played any of the others, so I believe you are correct!

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

I wonder if anyone noticed the music similarities in Sunset Hill...

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

WhoopA wrote:I wonder if anyone noticed the music similarities in Sunset Hill...
No offense, but I think just about everyone did (unless they're pretty damn stupid.)
Or if they're someone who never played Sonic 1.

Is it me, or did Sunset Hill look ALOT like a level out of Donkey Kong Country?