360 degrees of umm... Xbox.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

chriscaffee wrote:
Majestic Joey wrote:I can't afford one and also I don't like the name.
It's called X-box 360 but in no way is it sphere shaped or circular.
The sum of the internal angles of a quadrilateral is 360-degrees.
But the 360 is not a polygonal object.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Polygons only exist in theory, not in reality and obviously the 360 is not a polyhedron either because it has curved surfaces. That said the general shape could be described as a rectangular prism for approximation purposes.

But all of that is irrelevant as the only point I was making is that "360-degrees" is in no way limited to circles and as far as I know, has nothing to do with spheres.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

No camping outside stores for me though, I'll just waltz to my local store and ask for one from the back as I hand over me pre-order receipt
I don't know how Microsoft plans to launch in the UK, but here the rule of thumb is to not have enough consoles to meet pre-orders. The GameStop where I used to work got 17 units in to literally 80+ pre-orders. (I bet they've had a fun morning.) I can't imagine that Microsoft would have a much different launch strategy for jolly olde England.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I'm not getting a 360 mostly because I've got no interest in it. The launch line up doesn't really look that great to me. On top of that there is the price which just seems too expensive at the moment and not just the console but the games as well. I'm not sure what the situation is in the US but in the UK Xbox 360 titles seem to £5-10 more expensive than new current generation games!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Does anyone have any idea what time next year the PS3 is going to come out? I see myself buying a 360 eventually, but I doubt I'll wait until say this time next year to get one. If the price doesn't drop before I buy one then there really is no point in waiting two months and still paying full price.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

There is always the option of buying it used.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Eww, I like my video games to be virgins.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't know how it works down there, but up here buying a console used at EB will save you approximately $20. :P

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

That too.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Right now, the only reason I would even consider buying a 360 at the moment is if Treasure's alleged shooter happens to be really, really sexy. And even then, I probably wouldn't buy it. Unless MGS4 somehow happens to be multi-platform, or vice-versa, I'm going to have a very sad Christmas. One of these games is going to have to bend. I'm not getting two consoles, if any.

Zaranth

Post by Zaranth »

nope. one, i'm what you might call a "Nintendo" person. in other words, it would take a lot of convincing to get me to even consider buying a sony/microsoft game system.

i also happened across a demo 360 in an FYE and started playing the Kameo demo. it wasn't all that exciting to play and the graphics (to my eyes anyway) looked close to what i saw on my Nintendo 64.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Zaranth wrote:i also happened across a demo 360 in an FYE and started playing the Kameo demo. it wasn't all that exciting to play and the graphics (to my eyes anyway) looked close to what i saw on my Nintendo 64.
You're blind.

I'm considering purchasing a 360 in the middle of next year, or whenever there's a price cut, but definitely not within the next few months. A few titles have caught my eye, such as the next gen Sonic and Mistwalker's Lost Odyssey, but none of them will be out for a good deal of time.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I couldn't find the eBay thread, but it's relevant to this one too, so I'll post it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360- ... 62054QQssP

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

The NextGen Sonic is going to be multi-platform, isn't it? (Revolution notwithstanding, naturally)

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Yeah but I'm trying to ignore the PS3 exists for the moment.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I work at CompUSA, and when I went into work at 11 today, all 10 (that's right; a whopping 10!) 360s that we had received yesterday had been sold.

Goddamn Microsoft and their "whoever sells teh most regular Xbox games gets teh most 360s" bullshit. OH, YEAH, GAMESTOP IS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET BUT WHY GO TO GAMESTOP TO BUY VIDEOGAMES WHEN I COULD GO TO COMPUSA!?!?!? Our company got somewhere around 4,000 to allocate to all of its' stores.

Not that I really mind except for the fact that we got a bajillion (hyperbole is fun) phone calls asking if we had them.

On a completely different note, I want a Game Boy Micro.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Green Gibbon, I've avoided all the big stores just for that reason. Game in the Uk were taking £20 from punters in the summer and now have way too many pre-orders to meet demand.

I've gone to my local indie store who are getting about 12 Premium 360's. Being a 'regular' I was first on the list to throw down my deposit and will be there at 9am to pick it up. I don't foresee any queues but I won’t be doomed if there is.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

<a href="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145847">Xbox 360 Crashes, Defects Reported</a>

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Looks like 360 has done a 180 in record time :/.

shadowspast

Post by shadowspast »

the 360 is sold out till christmas where i live

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Looks like 360 has done a 180 in record time
I would take such reports with a grain of salt.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

I spent the day at my friend's house yesterday playing his virgin 360 and Perfect Dark Zero. Nice graphics, totally boring gameplay. In all fairness, I did only play the first 2 levels before I got bored of it, so maybe it picks up later in the game, plus I didn't get to try out the Xbox Live on it, so maybe that's where the fun is at.

I actually had more fun messing with the 360's multimedia features. The 360 is like the PSP in that I'm more interested in it's secondary media-playing features than I am in any of it's games.

That controller is still fantastic though. The whole "Ring of Light" still seems completely pointless, and the system is still huge and unweildy (wait till you check out the giant brick that's attached to the plug of the system :P), but the questionable look/design of the console itself is balanced out by that orgasm of a controller.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

In all fairness, I did only play the first 2 levels before I got bored of it,
Maybe that's more of a confirmation of it's boringness.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
Looks like 360 has done a 180 in record time
I would take such reports with a grain of salt.
The article itself says as much.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Gamespot gave PDZ a 9.0 in all areas, and the review is of sound judgement. Looks to be very good.