Click Click Boom

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
chriscaffee

Click Click Boom

Post by chriscaffee »

Loading 9mm x 19 rounds into a fifteen-round magazine.

Italian Beretta 92FS.

Russian Saiga-20 semi-automatic shotgun based on the popular AK-47 action.

Loading 20-gauge 2.75" #3 Buckshot shells into the magazine.

The target after five shots at about twenty feet away.

Loading the Uzi with a magazine.

Posing with the Uzi after firing fifty rounds.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Hey Chris, did you ever shoot a cow?

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

These images should be saved and documented.

Just in case.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You look a lot different without facial hair. And it looks like you had yourself a lot of fun.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Holy Crap, if you ever somehow ended up hunting after me, I'd run in the oppiste direction until I learn the art of catching bullets with my bare hands.
~Neo

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

But what about the cows?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I work at McDonalds. So I sort of kill cows, indirectly, by suggestive-selling Double Cheeseburgers.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

There's beef in McDonald's patties? Sure doesn't taste like it.

Anyway, you should shoot a cow. I just think it'd be fun. I would like to set one on fire, myself.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Roll 'em up, Katamari style.
~Neo

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

There's beef in McDonald's patties? Sure doesn't taste like it.
I wouldn't know. When I take my breaks I eat at Subway.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Good man. Pretty good aim too, good show!

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I've been wondering, how much does a trip to the range like that cost in terms of ammo prices and such?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Seventy-eight dollars included the rental of the three weapons, 150 rounds of 9-millimeter ammunition (two 100-round boxes that I emptied using the Beretta and two pre-loaded magazines for the Uzi, 25 each), five shotgun shells, five targets (one of which I didn't use), the entrance fee, and the rental of eye and ear protection. We did get a military discount because my dad is in the service and they ended up waiving the rental fee for the handgun and the shotgun because we also rented the Uzi. The make most of their money on ammunition sales since you are not allowed to shoot ammo purchased off-site.

Oh yeah and the day kicked ass. It was my first time shooting, but by the end of the day, I was shooting about just as good as my dad did with the Beretta and due to my extensive lol-internets knowledge I pretty much understood exactly what I was doing despite the fact that this was the first time I had ever fired any real guns.

I'm planning on going back again before school starts, perhaps to try out a pump gun, or maybe just laze some targets with a .22 carbine, because the ammo is about one-third the cost of the 9-millimeter. Anyway I'm hanging up the man target in my room for the enjoyment of my sure-to-be-liberal James Madison College roommate.

These are my first five shots with the Beretta. As you can see two of them didn't even hit the paper. Within a few minutes I made every shot hit the paper and thirteen out of the ninety-five I shot hit the bulls-eye.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You get to take the targets home after you've shot them up? :cool:

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Green Gibbon! wrote:There's beef in McDonald's patties? Sure doesn't taste like it.

Anyway, you should shoot a cow. I just think it'd be fun. I would like to set one on fire, myself.

Psssst...it's a cow. Cut in half. On fire.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Yep. You pay for 'em, so they're yours.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

That's cool. You can use it on a resume.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

chriscaffee wrote:It was my first time shooting,
...wow. How can you study guns in such detail and not play with them?

Grant

Post by Grant »

I wonder the same thing about gynecologists.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Guns have only been a hobby of mine for about two years. To reiterate the story:

I played Halo. I liked Halo. I bought Halo. I played Halo. I really really liked Halo. I read through the Halo manual. I liked how the weapon descriptions were all technical. I was (and still am) under the delusion that I could (can) write my own sci-fi story involving futuristic combat. I researched guns on the Internet so I could learn more about how they really worked. As I did some basic ground work I became more interested in the subject for its own sake. Like many things that I become interested in, I became obsessed and continued to study the subject beyond its usefulness in any potential story. This summer presented an oppurtunity to finally realize my interest. I took advantage of it.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Wow. Your fascination with guns is identical to that of mine with Sonic, except that I had actually played a Sonic game before beginning research.

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

See, if this were real life, a zombie would be chewing on your family by now.

Sounds like fun. Guns are illegal here, though. There's a golf range near me; I'm sure they're sorta similar.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

No see, this was real life, where zombies don't exist. And now I can definitively say you are an idiot. The submachine gun, even on full auto or in bursts was infinitly more accurate then the pistol. And since they both fired 9-millimeter ammo and the sub was throwing them out of a longer barrel there was more stopping power per shot. GTFO and such you n000b.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Really, Dunjohn. Stop being such a cock jockey.

Also, post 2112. It's significant for me.
Last edited by Baba O'Reily on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CE

Post by CE »

chriscaffee wrote:Oh yeah and the day kicked ass. It was my first time shooting, but by the end of the day, I was shooting about just as good as my dad did with the Beretta and due to my extensive lol-internets knowledge I pretty much understood exactly what I was doing despite the fact that this was the first time I had ever fired any real guns.
chriscaffee wrote:Guns have only been a hobby of mine for about two years. To reiterate the story:

I played Halo. I liked Halo. I bought Halo. I played Halo. I really really liked Halo. I read through the Halo manual. I liked how the weapon descriptions were all technical. I was (and still am) under the delusion that I could (can) write my own sci-fi story involving futuristic combat. I researched guns on the Internet so I could learn more about how they really worked. As I did some basic ground work I became more interested in the subject for its own sake. Like many things that I become interested in, I became obsessed and continued to study the subject beyond its usefulness in any potential story. This summer presented an oppurtunity to finally realize my interest. I took advantage of it.
Don't you see? DON'T YOU SEE??!!!!

The Internets and Video Games is training Children in the methods of killing! We must destroy both now, before the children kill us all!!!