I've been wondering a long time about Mecha Sonic (S&K)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Plan303e

I've been wondering a long time about Mecha Sonic (S&K)

Post by Plan303e »

In the Sky Sanctuary Zone, who goes around to fight MS first, Sonic or Knuckles?

Furthermore, how does Mecha Sonic have the Master Emerald while Dr. Robotnik has it up in the Death Egg?

Is there a decent explanation for this... because I've been wondering ever since S&K came out for Genesis.

Also, is the badass Blue MS a repaired version of the silver one from S2?

I've read the description for Mecha/Metal Sonic here, but I never owned or played Sonic CD; is Metal Sonic superior to Mecha Sonic because he is sentient or something like that?

Excuse me for sounding like a dork, but these are things about the old days that I like to revisit... like Power Rangers, Transformers, and... Inspector Gadget :shock:

BTW, Tails clearly isn't gay; I posted "evidence" in the Tails poll that seemed to be dead for some time. http://ghzforum.nathantsui.com/viewtopi ... 2&start=50

Thanks in advance for any info.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Metal Sonic superior to Mecha Sonic because he is sentient or something like that?
It's because he's fucking awesome.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I've never given it too much thought, but apparently everyone who has agrees that Knuckles's story follows Sonic's. So, Sonic beats Eggman in The Doomsday Zone, the Master Emerald falls to Sky Sanctuary, Mecha Sonic reactivates, Knuckles shows up, and then things play out from there. I guess.

Plan303e

Post by Plan303e »

But wait... when Sonic gets the Master Emerald, Angel Island is already in the ocean; when Knuckles beats Mecha Sonic, the Island is still floating...

Sega... more like SIGA (Filipino for jerk/etc)

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

The other theory is that Knuckles's story never actually happens; it's just an extra feature, like being able to play as Tails. Personally, I prefer that one. There's an entire topic about this way back.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Personally, I think it's a 16-bit platformer. I just play the game.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Plan303e wrote:But wait... when Sonic gets the Master Emerald, Angel Island is already in the ocean; when Knuckles beats Mecha Sonic, the Island is still floating...
I can only assume the reason for that is when you play as Sonic through the final zones of the game, the Master Emerald was on the Death Egg. When Knuckles versed EggRobo and Mecha Sonic, for the entirety of his adventure the emerald was still on Angel Island.

However, that does bring about the interesting question of why the island wasn't actually floating for any duration of Sonic's game, as the Master Emerald was apparently undisturbed until Eggman laid the snatch on it. I can only guess that after Sonic took it back, only then were they able to activate the islands namesake power.

None of this is really relevant though. Sega only really cared about giving Sonic reasonable storylines for SA1, and possibly SA2 depending if you could tolerate the angsty sci-fi shlock.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Back when we all actually cared, the consensus was that Sonic's game happened first in its entirety, and was followed by Knuckles' adventure. Official sources cite that the reason Angel Island was in the ocean during Sonic's game was because the Death Egg had crashed into it. If you play through Knuckles' game, every instance that suggests that the island is in the ocean is gone. Even the water has been removed from the first zone, which was apparently caused due to being submerged in the ocean.

I think what pretty much proves this is that at the end of Sonic's game in S&K, you see an Eggrobo emerging from a pile of debris, ready to cause trouble. The implication of that is pretty clearly the beginning of Knuckles' game in which Eggrobo is terrorizing the island.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

What I want to know is, where is Angel Island now? Sonic Adventure 2 managed to have a whole plot about destroying the Master Emerald again without even mentioning the island!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Esrever wrote:What I want to know is, where is Angel Island now?
Hanging out with Hawaii.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I don't think Angel Island rose again by the end of SA1, because it was never shown. At the beginning of Knuckles' story, the island falls down, and at the end of Knuckles' story, you get all the pieces of the Master Emerald, and Angel Island is afloat again. Then in the Super Sonic storyline, it falls down again, even with the Master Emerald there (I think the Master Emerald is still there, anyway). Because of the storyline of SA2 and above, I assume Angel Island has been grounded.

Also, I thought it was funny that, around the beginning of the Super Sonic story in Sonic Adventure, Tails (in the Mystic Ruins) runs yelling to Sonic that Angel Island fell down again, and Sonic's all like "What?!", and Sonic just happens to be lying less than 100 feet away from the site Angel Island landed.

You can tell that Angel Island grounded right next to the Mystic Ruins' train station, because if you go to the Tornado launch place thing with the palm trees at the side, and go into first person view, you can see that the huge mountain next to the train station is Angel Island. Also, earlier in the storyline, the side of the mountain (Angel Island) explodes for whatever reason, granting you access to Ice Cap, Red Mountain, and the Master Emerald Shrine.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Delphine wrote:
Esrever wrote:What I want to know is, where is Angel Island now?
Hanging out with Hawaii.
Can Alaska come too?

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Poison Eggroll wrote:Also, I thought it was funny that, around the beginning of the Super Sonic story in Sonic Adventure, Tails (in the Mystic Ruins) runs yelling to Sonic that Angel Island fell down again, and Sonic's all like "What?!", and Sonic just happens to be lying less than 100 feet away from the site Angel Island landed.
Heh, I loved that too.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Edit: Ah, that joke's been done...

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Well, it was afloat in Sonic Advance 2, at least.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I don't think Angel Island rose again by the end of SA1, because it was never shown.
I'm certain the implication was that it fell down because the game was not actually over (kinda like "oh, you thought you were done?"), and it rose back up when it was.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

A wizard did it!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Pesky wizard.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

G.Silver wrote:I'm certain the implication was that it fell down because the game was not actually over (kinda like "oh, you thought you were done?"), and it rose back up when it was.
But if the island is still airborn, then why didn't it fall down again in SA2?

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

We don't know whether it did one way or another. The island is only referenced once in one of those "recap" things during Knuckles' game. I think we're just supposed to assume that it did crash and that Knuckles had been chasing Rouge for a while.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Wow do we know it crashed bearing in mind that the only newcomer (Eggman) had means of flying. Mind you, why didn't Knuckles do what he did then in SK? Dumbfuck....
It's also pretty safe to say that after Doomsday Zone and Angel Island got the ME back and went back into orbit that Knuckles lost the Master Emerald, as much as I worship Knuckles he has lost the emerald (and it's bits) a multitude of times.
Last edited by Omni Hunter on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Because Knuckles got electrified in S&K. He knew better this time.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Well, it is pretty unbelievable that Knuckles would ever learn from his mistakes, considering he lets Eggman trick him into fighting Sonic every other week.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Kishi wrote:Well, it is pretty unbelievable that Knuckles would ever learn from his mistakes, considering he lets Eggman trick him into fighting Sonic every other week.
But Sonic was walking suspiciously close to the emerald that one time! And he has glowing shit in his pockets!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Please show me these "pockets".