Lego Starwars the videogame

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I liked Castle the best. Those Robin Hood guys were the awesome.

The Pirates were also pretty sweet. I didn't like the Space guys as much, although they were still cool.

Legos were great up until after the Aquazone sets passed. Right about then is when their ideas starting going to the crapper.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Do they still make original sets, anymore? The last few times I looked all I saw was licensed junk like Star Wars and Harry Potter.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

They do still make them. I think the main problem is that a lot of stores, with their relatively small lego sections, opt to carry only the higher-selling liscenced stuff.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Space/robots LEGOs ruled the school. You got all sortsta clear neon colored pieces!! I really liked the Space Police set.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Space Police arrived just as I was getting out of Lego, I belive. The biggies in my time were Blacktron, M-tron (the ones with the magnets,) and the ice dudes.

Lego had a strict no-liscence policy for ages. It was a major company rule. When they made the exception for Star Wars, it was a huge deal and was announced at the time as being a special case. I wish it had stayed that way. I was cool with Star Wars lego because it lent itself so well to the... uh... medium. But Spider-man? Harry Potter? That's just stupid.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Don't forget the NBA! With ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL NBA PLAYERS.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Weren't the NBA Lego's the first time they made black Lego people?

I used to have a shitload of Lego's back in the day. Not all of the sets after Aquazone sucked though-- Those Western ones were pretty cool (Lego revolvers!), and the Samurai themed ones a couple years ago were cool... But then again, anything that has ninjas in it is almost guaranteed to be good.

Anyone remember the Time-Travel themed Legos? Now that's when those over-priced plastic bricks jumped the shark. It was like they ran out of ideas for new themes so they took a bunch of old pieces and shoved them in a box.
Last edited by Squirrelknight on Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Dang, thanks for reminding me about all those. I'd somehow managed to push them all out of my memory.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Let's see, there's:

Tons of Medieval/castles
Unitron (red space ship)
Spyrius (gray/blue ships)
Edit: Space Police
Alien things
Robot
Iceplanet
Explorions
2 Time Cruisers
About 4 Wild West
Egyptian/explorers
4 Islanders
Pirates
Ninjas
The 3 underwater guys (Aquanauts, Aquasharks, Aquaraiders)
Some really, really old ones that don't have names (on top, left and right of tower)
Ninjas
The original 4 disk throwing bots
1 little Insectoids car
1 little...diggers? Miners? The car with the rock sitting in the back of the truck near the front.
Some Starwars guys.
A ton of random cars and vehicles.

I'm pretty sure Lego stopped making almost all of those sets, and they were worth a lot when I bought them. I'm hoping to pull in a few thousand for the lot.
Last edited by Frieza2000 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Damn it, you people are reminding me of my childhood raised on Legos. WHY HAVE YOU WHORED YOURSELF OUT, LEGO?! :cry:

Ice Planet kicked ass.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

I always liked the space ones the best-- Ice Planet, Spyrius... Um, those mining guys with those cool helmets... I remember as a kid wanting to buy as many Space Police sets as I could (they came with dark green transparent pieces as opposed to the bright green ones in the rest) but I believe Lego had already stopped making them by the time I was old enough to be interested in Legos as a toy rather than as a food.

Man... all this nostalgia is killing me on the inside.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Meh, Sets-smets! Me and my brother never requested any Lego sets when we were young because we were happier with a whole bucket of containing 500 pieces of Legos. We found the sets to be overrated.

Bucket of Legos which encouraged your imagination > Lego sets that stunted your imagination

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

You're just jealous because you didn't get the big pirate ship. When I finally got it, I stayed up until like, midnight putting it together, and I was 10 years old, so that was unheard of.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

I remember my young days when I first received my Pirates, Aquanauts and Wild West sets, wasting about an hour on each to build them perfectly according to the instruction manuals simply because I had no imagination. Of course, by the next day my sister would have kindly recognized the hard work I put onto those sets by demolishing everything to create her own crappy abstract buildings and the like. I would have a rant with her about spoiling my perfect example of Lego architecture, and then my father would chew me out about Lego being “supposed to be pulled apartâ€￾.

I really should have gotten into model building instead.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Ngangbius wrote:Meh, Sets-smets! Me and my brother never requested any Lego sets when we were young because we were happier with a whole bucket of containing 500 pieces of Legos. We found the sets to be overrated.

Bucket of Legos which encouraged your imagination > Lego sets that stunted your imagination
I was the same, however I also used the pieces from sets to build new things, the sets usually had more interesting pieces.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Ngangbius wrote:Meh, Sets-smets! Me and my brother never requested any Lego sets when we were young because we were happier with a whole bucket of containing 500 pieces of Legos.
Heh, we had the same thing with the big Duplo blocks. Those were just as fun as regular LEGOs, and you could combine them.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

ICE PLANET SET?! Must have it. The dual cockpit craft rocked.
Duplos were good for finishing off large towers instead of using the 2x8 blocks that you ran out of anyway because you used them for the rest of the walls.
Lego sets didn't stunt imagination, I made a G-Police style fighter craft with one of the helicopter models in the police sets so nnyyaa.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I had that big pirate ship too... but mine had rockets, propellers, and a crow's nest that was like, twice as big as a normal crow's nest.
To make room for the ELEPHANT!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Locit wrote:I had that big pirate ship too... but mine had rockets, propellers, and a crow's nest that was like, twice as big as a normal crow's nest.
To make room for the ELEPHANT!
I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who had a pirate elephant.

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

I feel cold and alone because I didn't have a pirate elephant.

I did occasionally have pirate-cowboy wars though, they were fun.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Pirates versus Cowboys? I believe the cowboys would be outclassed there... The scale of bad-assery clearly goes like this:

Cowboys < Pirates < Robots < Ninjas < Robot Ninjas

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Squirrelknight wrote:Pirates versus Cowboys? I believe the cowboys would be outclassed there... The scale of bad-assery clearly goes like this:

Cowboys < Pirates < Robots < Ninjas < Robot Ninjas
Image>Image

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

^Can't argue with that logic.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Image > Image

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Image > Image

This would also be an acceptable answer.