Alone again, naturally.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Alone again, naturally.

Post by Zeta »

My boyfriend and I broke up today. We were talking and he said he wasn't going to make time to see me for another month. I got really pissed off at him and finally told me how he was making me feel.

He thought about it for a while and said that he didn't really think of me as boyfriend material. He didn't explain why in too much depth. I think he want someone big and macho with muscles.

So yeah today was pretty harsh. He said he just thought of me as a friend.

But he also said he felt like a bastard for stringing me along and ignoring me the past three months, and he also said that he wants to continue keeping eachother in our lives.

So, I'm single. I hope we really can still be just friends. He's put me through a lot lately. Whenever we were together he would talk to me like I was a buddy. We never kissed. We barely hugged. He never wanted to do anything further. When we were around his friends it was alright, but he basically treated me like a pal, and never like a boyfriend.

It really sucks that things didn't work out, but at least we didn't yell at eachother or anything. And even though I tried to take some of the blame, he pretty much put everything that went wrong in the relationship on himself.

So, there you go. Alone again, naturally. With no other prospects, really. I guess it's good that I don't have to wonder why I'm being ignored, but I just feel like no one appreciates me. I don't know if that's narcissistic or what. But that's the way I feel. I mean, we would only see eachother once a month. And even then, I had to call him. Set dates for us. Plan everything. And then he would either fall asleep or want to go on some sort of hair-brained adventure with his pals.

I dunno. I just wish I could find my own group of friend in real life.

Anyone else had a similar experience? How did it turn out?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I'm sorry, dude. That's not fun.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we all love you. In a very non-sexual way. Most of us, at least.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Yeah, what Tsui said.

But I do admire that you guys both genuinely want to stay friends. I don't think I've ever really had a clean break-up, so it's always taken awhile before my exes and I would start actually being friendly to each other again.

Anyway, don't feel down. There's lots of cock in the sea, or something.

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Post by Knuckles Dawson »

Hey Zeta, that's really really bad.

I feel for you, man. I've had some harsh break ups myself. I've had easy ones. Hell, I've even had funny ones (what was amusing was that she was a nutjob, and not very bright, so she'd pull shit out of thin air [not even like 'normal' chicks do, but really obsurd unlikely stuff], and I could only laugh).
Last edited by Knuckles Dawson on Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I think Pep's still in the market.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Sorry to hear about this, Zeta.

I know that it's clichéd and everything, but there's someone out there for you. I just hope this doesn't lead you to being even more jaded. Love sucks, but you will find happiness if you keep looking for it.

Best of luck.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Breakups always suck, but usually someone else comes along who's 100 times better than the previous one. Just gotta hang in there.

chix0rgirl
Awesome Girl

Post by chix0rgirl »

Hey, Zeta, your thread finally got me back to the forum again... I know you're hurting like hell and there's nothing to really say... but I'm sorry and I feel ya. I've only had one breakup ever, but yeah... they're not too fun. I know this doesn't really help... but we all care, so just spend massive amounts of time online, or something. ;) Hey, we don't really have lives either.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

chix0rgirl wrote:Hey, Zeta, your thread finally got me back to the forum again...
What kept you away? Was it Baba's fur fetish? chriscaffee's gun hobby? Del's inner-child scarring retorts? GG!'s much disguised love of all things bouncy big and small? Popcorn's Mom?

It was Popcorn's Mom, wasn't it? Why I oughtta--!

-- follow your example.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I've been there, Zeta. You all know that. I've had countless rejections from the only two people I've ever loved and trusted inplicitly. I'm still with my girl, but I can't go one day without remembering that she left me for my best friend (ex-). We're still together, but we're mostly unhappy. Although nothing sucks worse than being alone in my opinion, at least you can be unhappy with a chance of a new start and a retribution for the shit you put up with, instead of unhappy and afraid to make a decision as to whether you should leave or not. It'll work out man. You'll find yourself an actual boyfriend and not a half-assed road-trippin' "buddy". Best of luck, mate.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I don't have any experience with relationships so I can't really say anything useful except good luck.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

It's good to know you guys are still buddies. Sorry things didn't work out for you though.

Whether you have friends in real life or not, the people at GHZ is still here for you. We all loves ya.
~Neo

SuperKnux

Post by SuperKnux »

Lamage..

There isn't much to say, aside from what everybody already said. Zeta, you just gotta try and keep your chin up. There are plenty of other guys out there for ya, and like CP mentioned, the next dude you meet, will most likely be fuckin' awesome. I know it's hard, but try your best to get yourself back to normal. :)

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Yeah, as long as you keep a positive outlook, then things will begin to get better.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Psxphile wrote: What kept you away? Was it Baba's fur fetish?
Oh, come on, I've posted worse than those god damn furry pictures, and you know it.
Anyways, my heart goes out to you, Zeta. That sucks. Better to have loved and lost than to die in a plane crash.

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Or to have never loved at all would have been a tad more poetic.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Fuck that. I'm an optomist. And while never have loved at all would be poetic, undeniably, an airplane crash is worse than a breakup.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Yeah. One could take that as the joke.

Or try to correct it.

And ditch that 'naturally' stuff, Zeta.

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Yeah, Locit's right. If you keep expecting to be alone, you're gonna end up alone, so chin up.

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

But, Grant, what if it's just a coincidence? Imagine that you're making light of his heartache. How would that feel, huh?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

GRANT SI SMRT!

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

Well, I guess at least Zeta's looking at the bright side of things

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Don't rush into a new relationship for the hell of it though
Enjoy your single-ness for a bit

Knuckles Dawson
Blah Blah Blah

I enjoy the simplicity of being single, although recently I've had the opportunity to change that.