The diary of a dublagem

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I think that's true for the most part.

However, I think a bad production could be made better with horrible dubbing for humorous effect.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Segaholic2 wrote:I think that's true for the most part.

However, I think a bad production could be made better with horrible dubbing for humorous effect.
"Is that Chris's blood?"

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

"Is that Chris's blood?"
It's funny, 'cause since we're talking about Sonic X, it works on multiple levels.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

(serious buuuuump)

It took a while, but the second season was aired in Brazil (the one wich starts with the SA adaption) and now, to the other characters:

Big-
When I first played Big's story in SA, I could'nt help but stop laughing every time he spoke. The brazillian dubber (who also happens to be Homer Simpson's dubber) managed do the same thing. And being accurate. NOTE: 10,0

Tikal-
Her dubber was a bit too dramatikal (intentionaded pun), but she did quite a good job. NOTE: 7,5

Gamma-
Who the fuck at 4 Kids tought it was a nice idea to make it's voice THAT high? And who the fuck in Brazil considered this voice as a basis instead of the japanese one? At least the guy knew acting and had no stupid lines. NOTE: 4,0

Sombra-
That's right, they translated his name. And it's somehow still cool. In the first episode, he acted like a jerk. But, fortunaly, in the next one he was already the misterious, angsty character that I love (he probably decided to read all his script lines after dubbing in the first episode). And the voice itself is fairly good. NOTE: 8,0

I'll update again as soon as I find words to describe the Team Chaotix's dubbing (wich was particulary interesting).

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Brazillian Cara wrote: poorly connected words and made up words
I see.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

What?

muke

Post by muke »

Delphine wrote:
Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:Or does it being in Japanese automatically reduce the pain or something?
Viewing any production in a language other than the one it was originally in, no matter how well done, is not as good as viewing the production in the language it was intended. When viewing an English dubbed anime, you are viewing the dubbers's interpretation of what was going on, as opposed to watching it yourself and deciding what was going on. Granted, this happens with subtitles as well, but things like tone and inflection are not lost with subs.
Counterpoint: Sonic le Rebel. The theme alone will make you beg for the English dubs!

CE

Post by CE »

In the French version, Sonia wasn't voiced by Urkel.
The French version is better.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Haha. It's funny because "French" is a synonym for "suck".

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Tikal-
Her dubber was a bit too dramatikal (intentionaded pun), but she did quite a good job. NOTE: 7,5
I personally adored the American dubbed voice of Tikal. She was freakin' good, I was "wowed" by the time the American Sonic X dub of SA1 ended.
Gamma-
Who the fuck at 4 Kids tought it was a nice idea to make it's voice THAT high? And who the fuck in Brazil considered this voice as a basis instead of the japanese one? At least the guy knew acting and had no stupid lines. NOTE: 4,0
It REALLY surprises me that Gamma's american voice doesn't bother me. That's not to say I like it, but I think it was because of the dialogues that they speak that prevented me from hating it so much. As such, this is SUCH a mixed opinion, it's killing the reminders of my brain cell.

I DO hate Vanilla's dubbed voice. What were they thinking? Just because Cream speaks that way, the mom has to as well? So annoying.
Sombra-
That's right, they translated his name. And it's somehow still cool. In the first episode, he acted like a jerk. But, fortunaly, in the next one he was already the misterious, angsty character that I love (he probably decided to read all his script lines after dubbing in the first episode). And the voice itself is fairly good. NOTE: 8,0
Since you said angst, I'm assuming this is Shadow.
~Neo