T-Day

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

T-Day

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

So how was everyone's Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

My family had an unusually stereotypical Thanksgiving by watching football, eating turkey, and playing Trivial Pursuit (from 1997). Having everyone sit around the TV watching football was really unusual since my dad is the only person who follows it. The family members that usually drink and provide most of the volume at Thanksgiving went hunting, so it was pretty peaceful and quiet this year.

On Black Friday I bought Jet Set Radio Future and the 3 Burger King Xbox games for a total of $4.50 (not a Black Friday deal by any means). I'll give the BK games to my brother as small extra Christmas presents. Work was pretty enjoyable too (I like keeping busy and having an excuse to bark orders at co-workers).

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Re: T-Day

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

You realize only a fraction of the Gizz resides in a country that celebrates this holiday, and a fraction of that fraction has celebrated it almost a month ago.

In other words, mine was shit and I'm in a bit of a sour mood.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Mine was pretty good. The trick, I think, is to not be with the family.

J4Y, I hope your drinking relatives weren't while they were hunting!

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I got a ride to my dad's for thanksgiving from my step brother, who took us through a curvy, bumpy mountain pass that I'd never been on, and hadn't been on anything like it since my dad moved back to Washington State from Montana. I had thought the reason I stopped getting carsick around that time was because I had grown up and had a tougher stomach, but apparently it might just be because I stopped being a passenger on curvy mountain passes. Thanksgiving was great, ate a lot of good stuff, but I lost some of it on the way back. :(

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

No thanksgiving here, but some Black Friday stuff happened. Forbidden Planet (British nerdy superstore) did a 1 day only 20% off deal a week before and I snatched up a pair of Sonic figurines which I might be able to post here if anyone's interested (they feature art I don't recall seeing before, I presume they were made for Sonic 4), as well as an issue of the Archie comic (not as bad as I expected!). Got my sister's Christmas present too, although most of the stuff was unreasonably expensive even at 20% off.

Steam have been doing a sale so I snatched up a copy of Arkham Asylum for a fiver. They're selling really good gift packs of multiple games at ridiculous discounts like 85% off, which would be amazing if I had lots of friends with Steam but for some reason they had nothing to play on it. Frustratingly Torchlight went on sale just two weeks after I bought it at full price. ):

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I worked. It was a pretty normal Thursday owing largely to the fact that Thanksgiving is not celebrated in this country. I did ask some coworkers if they knew of any places I might be able to buy turkey, but most of them have never even eaten turkey. I think I just had karaage from Lawson. (The flavor of the month is bacon bits!)

I worked on Black Friday, too, but it turns out that's just a normal day when you don't work in retail. I actually wonder how this country's economy survives without the Holiday Shopping Season that has become so critical to the American economy.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I forgot everything I did a month ago!

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Re:

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Senbei wrote:J4Y, I hope your drinking relatives weren't while they were hunting!
I'm about 99% sure they were.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Uncle Cheney knows how to have a good time.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Uh, kinda sucky. Our oven doesn't work, so instead of a turkey, we just bought a 12-pack of chicken thighs and cooked them on the stove.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Thats not so bad, at least it was better than Charlie Brown T-day...